MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
alberttky

Singapore Airlines Revealed New First Class Suites, Business & Economy Seats

No door means say bye-bye to high privacy personal first class suite?... :-(

The First Class on their 77W never had a door...

I don't think that the current products are even old. They were rolled out in 2007! Even the news about the delay in the certification of the Koito seats just felt like 4 weeks ago.

On the contrary, the product that MH has on the current 772 has been around since at least 2000.

0094850.jpg

I agree with everyone here. The new J looks fantastic! I think it looks very similar to CX's F.

I am not sure about the new F. It does seem like the type of seat that EY and MH have look more appealing to me. But SQ designed this new F seat with BMW, not purchasing it from a catalog of aircraft seat manufacturers, so it must be something.

The now old Y seats received a lot of comments about its hardness, so I think this new seat might improve on that. It looks cushy.

And what a coincident, SQ trumpeted this one out exactly 24 hours after MH announced its 'big' expansion plan.

On the contrary, the product that MH has on the current 772 has been around since at least 2000.

Since 1997 actually... :closedeyes:

The now old Y seats received a lot of comments about its hardness, so I think this new seat might improve on that. It looks cushy.

The hard cushion used for their current long-haul Y is good to those suffering from back pain :D

The First Class on their 77W never had a door...

Yeah when i read again it's just a F class product for the B77W aircraft... So the A380 still has the suites. Lol

0094850.jpg

Those MH Y 772 product is a 1997-vintage.

Singapore Airlines new cabin products represent baby steps but are important to premium strategy

Singapore Airlines (SIA) has taken another step in reinforcing its position as a leading premium carrier with the launch of a new generation of long-haul cabin products, which will debut in Sep-2013 on new 777-300ERs. By investing in yet another new round of cabins and a recently beefed up widebody aircraft order book, SIA remains fully committed to the long-haul and premium markets while also increasing its focus on the faster-growing regional and budget sectors.

continue reading at

http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/singapore-airlines-new-cabin-products-represent-baby-steps-but-are-important-to-premium-strategy-118249

This is the kind of stuff that should have gone into MH's A380 when they got it. They had their chance on offering something better than SQ's A380 product (current)

ok, that J class seat, I don't see anything new, except that it is made to look a bit more futuristic.

However, apparently it offers more seating positions. Frankly, the current seats have no comfortable seating position, so if these new seats can cradle the passenger properly, then it would be a big improvement.

To be fair, SQ still has some dinosaur 772's flying around with pretty crap seats in Y. But the new MH A333 Y seats are quite a leap and a vast improvement, they are quite pleasant. I've noticed the cabin crew are pretty cheery, I had a very nice and friendly MH flight attendant, I think of Indian decent who was very nice and polite to the pax she served on a recent KUL-MEL (MH129) flight despite the flight being booked solid (me thinks its about time the A380 hops into MEL!).

MH can't add more capacity since they have very limited number of seats left to operate to Australia.

I found cabin crew with an Indian flag on name tag are the best on MH. I came across two or three so far and they're truly what MH stands for.

To be fair, SQ still has some dinosaur 772's flying around with pretty crap seats in Y. But the new MH A333 Y seats are quite a leap and a vast improvement, they are quite pleasant. I've noticed the cabin crew are pretty cheery, I had a very nice and friendly MH flight attendant, I think of Indian decent who was very nice and polite to the pax she served on a recent KUL-MEL (MH129) flight despite the flight being booked solid (me thinks its about time the A380 hops into MEL!).

SQ doesn't fly these old 772 to places like Europe or New Zealand anymore.

MH can't add more capacity since they have very limited number of seats left to operate to Australia.

I found cabin crew with an Indian flag on name tag are the best on MH. I came across two or three so far and they're truly what MH stands for.

The MAS crew that are the best in my opinion all are Japanese. Had such good flights with them when MH80/81 still went via BKI.

They still have Indian national cabin crews?

I believe most of them were from Jet

Edited by affendi osman

They still have Indian national cabin crews?

I believe most of them were from Jet

The last one I got was last year.

As what I heard there are no more expat cabin crew in MH, except Japanese.. Its only because Japanese Gov have some regulations which requires airlines flying into their country to have a Japanese among their staff.. Correct me if I'm wrong

As what I heard there are no more expat cabin crew in MH, except Japanese.. Its only because Japanese Gov have some regulations which requires airlines flying into their country to have a Japanese among their staff.. Correct me if I'm wrong

Actually there are also Korean FAs too.

Sign in to follow this