MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Fairul

Batavia Airlines ceases operation effective immediately

Batavia ends all operation last night...no more PNK-KCH

BREAKING NEWS:

Batavia Airlines of Indonesia has declared bankrupt by Indonesia Commercial High Court. The airline has been in debt due to purchase of two A330-300s from ILFC few years back.

AirAsia considered to purchase the ailing airline last year, however aborted the plan due to high financial risk status of Batavia Air.

More info: http://www.seattlepi.com/business/article/Indonesian-court-declares-Batavia-Air-bankrupt-4237930.php

I used them from SIN-CGK last june or july. The planes were old, a real dirty mess inside and extreamly tight seating.

will not be missed by me

Out of Business Batavia Rebuked for Leaving Passengers Grounded

The Transportation Ministry reprimanded private carrier Batavia Air for failing to inform its passengers that it would end its operations starting at midnight on Thursday.

Batavia ceased operations after the Jakarta Commercial Court on Wednesday ruled in favor of a bankruptcy petition filed against it by US-based aircraft leasing company International Lease Finance Corporation concerning a $4.68 million debt.

Hemi Pamuraharjo, an official with the ministry’s directorate general of air transportation, said Batavia had not properly informed its customers about the abrupt cancellation of its flights.

“Batavia Air has not dealt with customers as instructed yesterday by the director general. A number of passengers were abandoned, as they received no explanation [about the end of operations],” Hemi said in Jakarta on Thursday.

“Batavia should have contacted would-be passengers, but they didn’t,” he added.

Dozens of Batavia Air ticket holders waited around Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang before they learned that the carrier went out of business.

The passengers proceeded to Batavia’s headquarters in Kemayoran, Central Jakarta, to inquire about the fate of their tickets but received no response.

They then staged a protest in front of the Transportation Ministry’s office, also in Central Jakarta.

The ministry said other private carriers, Mandala Air and Sriwijaya Air, would serve passengers with Batavia tickets.

Source: http://www.thejakartaglobe.com/business/out-of-business-batavia-rebuked-for-leaving-passengers-grounded/568787

I am deeply saddened by this news. Batavia was my main carrier during my Pontianak days in 2005 - 2008.

BataviaBankrupt_zps89b882c8.png

I managed to clock in 44 flights with them, mostly on their old B737-200 Adv. I guess there will be no more entries to these 2 for my flight logbook.

Batavia, you will be missed dearly!

Sriwijaya have gotten the rights for the PNK-KCH route. May start operations in February. Time will tell.

Sriwijaya have gotten the rights for the PNK-KCH route. May start operations in February. Time will tell.

Have? Was this before or after Batavia ceased their operations? Really loved Y6's livery...Sriwijaya is kinda old-school...to think that I've never been on Batavia all this while...really sad! All the best to Sriwijaya...

Have? Was this before or after Batavia ceased their operations? Really loved Y6's livery...Sriwijaya is kinda old-school...to think that I've never been on Batavia all this while...really sad! All the best to Sriwijaya...

Tried both...Batavia last February...and Sriwijaya last December...i prefer the latter...even on the old B733, it still well maintained and very clean, suprisingly.

I remember they bought new Airbus aircraft right? Just like 2 years ago. Probably it would be better if AK took over their business so that their operation could still be continued.

Sigh.....no more PK-registered aircraft at KIA :sorry: And the irony of it all, this happened on the very day Maswings launches its BPN flight.

Edited by szesyn

Sigh.....no more PK-registered aircraft at KIA :sorry: And the irony of it all, this happened on the very day Maswings launches its BPN flight.

We still have Kal Star Aviation.

Edited by Mike P

Sad to hear that Batavia ceased operation.

On Tuesday, 29th January 2013, i drop by Subang for short spotting.

Was surprise to capture this Batavia. Not a foreign aircraft in Subang, it is ex MH 9M-MQH and NOKair HS-DDJ

As this afternoon, I saw 2 Batavia parked outside Airod

737-4H6 MSN 27352 LN 2624 1994....for those 2 pilots, this may be their last landing in Batavia colors. I wish them good luck.

29Jan13_PK-YVS_6802Nmw_zpsf0edfcc1.jpg

Probably it would be better if AK took over their business so that their operation could still be continued.

Well, if an extremely profitable and award winning best managed airline in the world cancelled the planned acquisition of the airline, something must be seriously wrong at Batavia.

I remember they bought new Airbus aircraft right? Just like 2 years ago. Probably it would be better if AK took over their business so that their operation could still be continued.

It was two Airbus A332 aircraft leased from ILFC that caused the bankruptcy proceedings.

Edited by flee

This is after Batavia ceased hence the statement "sriwijaya has gotten the rights". Old school? The route is going to be flown by the newly leased 737-500's most probably with winglets. 8C and 120Y seating. I think our aircraft are alot better maintained internally and externally then batavia anyday anytime.

QZ are looking to expand their domestic routes aggressively. TF Tweet:

After a route review. We will heavily expand in domestic in Indonesia. Initial experiement a huge success. People prefer airasia to others. We will start Jakarta Medan.

QZ are looking to expand their domestic routes aggressively. TF Tweet:

Judging TF residing in Jakarta, there must be some big chunk of the market he's planning to do.

Judging TF residing in Jakarta, there must be some big chunk of the market he's planning to do.

Yes, and they got insight of Y6's operations during their takeover due dilligence exercise. So they should know which of their routes are the best to go for. With an additional 9 new aircraft scheduled to be added to QZ's fleet, they are in a good position to add more domestic routes to their already good international network.

Sign in to follow this