MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
fenandri

airasia is not cheap anymore?

Ideally ticket price should be cheap long before departure, getting progressively expensive as the departure time becomes nearer. Then just prior to departure (a few days or a few hours) price should be cheap, if there are any seats remaining as airline will try to fill up those otherwise unsold seats.

Are we getting anywhere close to it?

Ideally ticket price should be cheap long before departure, getting progressively expensive as the departure time becomes nearer. Then just prior to departure (a few days or a few hours) price should be cheap, if there are any seats remaining as airline will try to fill up those otherwise unsold seats.

MH always does this for Brunei flight. Not sure of others.......:)

In Australia and NZ, the same practice applies. If you buy it during the last min. Be prepared to pay heaps towards your fare.

Sort of like airlines punishing you for not planning your travels early.

It is easier for the Chinese to control their price as all airlines are government owned anyway. A lot of people buy their fares just days before the travel and we were told to wait for the last minute fares a lot of the times.

Edited by S V Choong

Unless you're flying on the KUL - SIN route. This route is now relatively cheap and I could get lesser than 200 MYR return on this trip 2 days before the Christmas Eve and New Year Eve. Either Jetstar or Tiger is the cheapest of all.

Our 1Malaysia Dream, Your 10,000 Free Seats

Booking Period

: 9 January 2013 - 9 January 2013

Travel Period

: 14 January 2013 - 4 February 2013

Is this a cheat?

Just checking today... like between KCH - KUL & PEN, no zero fare at all, 160++ for all within the travelling date.

Booking Period

Travel Period

Is this a cheat?

Just checking today... like between KCH - KUL & PEN, no zero fare at all, 160++ for all within the travelling date.

Did anybody actually manage to grab the so-called zero fare for ANY of the mentioned routes? Or are they all gone?

By now, it is some 12 hours since booking commenced.

In any Airasia big sale, 10,000 seats are usually sold in less than 2 hours!

I have a few of my friends who managed to get it. Kuching = RM 15 return KK = RM 12 return. of course there were 10K seats, so many didnt get it.

Yup, I almost managed get it yesterday night around 12.30am. Login into my AirAsia account, confirm routes selected for KUL-KCH return RM15 and done fill in everthing but during payment direct to maybank2u system error. Looks like server connectivity not stabil. Its normal during promo sales :)

Yup, I almost managed get it yesterday night around 12.30am. Login into my AirAsia account, confirm routes selected for KUL-KCH return RM15 and done fill in everthing but during payment direct to maybank2u system error. Looks like server connectivity not stabil. Its normal during promo sales :)

Midnight, normally Maybank2U under daily maintenance.

Nope, not due to maybank2u because I had login into my maybank2u account first to make sure is up and not under daily maintenance. Its not happend just to me but other user as well. So its based on ur luck either can get or not a promo tix.

Nope, not due to maybank2u because I had login into my maybank2u account first to make sure is up and not under daily maintenance. Its not happend just to me but other user as well. So its based on ur luck either can get or not a promo tix.

Even under maintenance, you can still login. Only when you do a transaction, the maintenance msg comes up, and transaction aborted.

Even under maintenance, you can still login. Only when you do a transaction, the maintenance msg comes up, and transaction aborted.

Yup, might be not allowed for transaction. If pay via CC there are processing fee RM8 per transaction :D

Normally I experience problems with CIMB clicks as their maintenance usually happens between 11.45 to 12.45. Did not have problems with Maybank2U.

Yup, might be not allowed for transaction. If pay via CC there are processing fee RM8 per transaction :D

If you pay via Maybank card, got same problem, because the system tried to access Maybank2u.com site for some on-line backend transaction, I think. Happened to me the other night.

Booking Period

Travel Period

Is this a cheat?

No. It isn't. Micheal Chai managed to buy it :)

Normally I experience problems with CIMB clicks as their maintenance usually happens between 11.45 to 12.45. Did not have problems with Maybank2U.

CIMBClicks is horrible. You still can't check your account details even after the daily maintenance downtime.

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 9 (Bernama) -- AirAsia has received overwhelming response from the rakyat to the '1Malaysia Integration Programme with AirAsia'.

All the 10,000 free seats offered under the initiative had been snapped up by 11 am today, AirAsia said in a statement.

Under the free seats campaign, return flights to eight destinations in Sabah and Sarawak, namely Kuching, Sibu, Miri, Bintulu, Kota Kinabalu, Tawau, Labuan and Sandakan, were offered from three destinations in Peninsular Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Johor Baharu) with a total of 417 weekly flights.

The 10,000 free seats offered were the first of many other activities that the airline would unveil as part of the '1Malaysia Integration Programme launched by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak last Saturday.

Only the airport tax is applicable for this 1Malaysia Free Seats campaign, as fares and fuel surcharge are waived for the routes offered.

Did anyone managed redeem free tickets with 0 BIG points?

SE-jan13-BIG-uken_zps8d31b402.jpg

Another BIG disappointment with this new sale. $500 for SYD-KUL return? That's not a proper sale! FAIL!

Sign in to follow this