MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

1 hour ago, Chris Tan said:

I wonder if she knows what they're serving for coffee in J. Nescafe Gold Blend is a joke..

Maybe they'll upgrade to Old Town Ipoh white coffee in their new 339s 🤣. I seriously hope they will install espresso machine on their 339s. I don't think their 359s Business Suite has espresso machine either.

And they need to bring back alcohol menu. Much easier than to ask cabin crew what's available and sometimes they are clueless what's available.

2 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Poor fleet planning + poor customer service + zero long term planning + incompetent HR dept = disaster. SQ has 64 A350s, 23 B77Ws and 22 B787s running their widebody operation, and despite delay to their B787-10 and B777-X delivery, they can still run their operation quite well. 

MAG is now scrambling hiring cadet pilot and cadet engineers after many seniors left. Some 80+ pilots are planning to resign or have resigned and 300 engineers resigned. And those cadet all want to be tiktok famous...do video, bring LV bag, showing off in social media how "hard" their work is, cannot be scolded, if not they will run to HR complain workplace bully. Some didn't even met the height requirement. Instructor pissed off at HR. God forbid if they have OnlyFans account as side business. 

We are seconds from another disaster if the management doesn't buck up. Cathay is having the same issue. Actually most airlines are facing the same issues, except SQ. They run a military style operation.

MAG can't even manage a small business well. SQ's business is many times its size and complexity! Furthermore, MAG does have competition in its home market and it is still so complacent and feeling entitled. I am glad that I chose not to fly with them long haul this year! Otherwise, I will be so frustrated!

5 hours ago, Chris Tan said:

I wonder if she knows what they're serving for coffee in J. Nescafe Gold Blend is a joke..

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Maybe they'll upgrade to Old Town Ipoh white coffee in their new 339s 🤣. I seriously hope they will install espresso machine on their 339s. I don't think their 359s Business Suite has espresso machine either.

And they need to bring back alcohol menu. Much easier than to ask cabin crew what's available and sometimes they are clueless what's available.

Those have Nescafé regularly for breakfast find Nescafé gold blend is a luxury, worthy for j class.

Korean, Japanese, PRC, Taiwanese, Aussie, European, Vietnamese, etc drink regularly especially with meal. A reason many foreigners find mas unwelcoming and mas yield is consistently poor.

Well, MH finally managed to secure 2 highly coveted morning arrival slots at LHR, at least for tomorrow morning. MH2 and MH2D (I couldn't keep track which original MH 2 this was. I suspect it's yesterday's 12/5 MH2). It's a mess right now.

There is no LHR-KUL for today but there'll be 3 MH LHR-KUL tomorrow (if nothing gets canceled) 😆  with MH1 already on a pre-emptive delay (probably due to crew rest or late arrival of aircraft, who knows)

KUL-LHR flights departing 13/5
MH4: Canceled
MH2D: 23:00 - 05:25+1
MH2: 23:30 - 06:17+1

LHR-KUL flights departing 14/5
MH3D: 07:55 - 0410+1
MH3: 11:00 - 07:15+1
MH1: 22:30 - 18:45+1

Edited by Craig

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Well, MH finally managed to secure 2 highly coveted morning arrival slots at LHR, at least for tomorrow morning. MH2 and MH2D (I couldn't keep track which original MH 2 this was. I suspect it's yesterday's 12/5 MH2). It's a mess right now.

There is no LHR-KUL for today but there'll be 3 MH LHR-KUL tomorrow (if nothing gets canceled) 😆  with MH1 already on a pre-emptive delay (probably due to crew rest or late arrival of aircraft, who knows)

Now where is that A380 when you need one? Let me drive around and look for it..........two A350s x 286 seats = 572 pax. One ex-MH A380 is not enough though, which only sits 486. Send a B737 along with the dugongs 

On a more serious note, can you imagine all the hardwork the crewing team needs to go through. And the set of crew stuck at LHR initially.....MH, please buy more aircraft....before that hire more crew with living wages. 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

Saw that on the MH site earlier and wondered if its wishful thinking 

58 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

Now where is that A380 when you need one? Let me drive around and look for it..........two A350s x 286 seats = 572 pax. One ex-MH A380 is not enough though, which only sits 486. Send a B737 along with the dugongs 

On a more serious note, can you imagine all the hardwork the crewing team needs to go through. And the set of crew stuck at LHR initially.....MH, please buy more aircraft....before that hire more crew with living wages. 

The two birds are on their way to LHR

MAS2.jpg

12 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

MAB, MAD & MAG are otw to LHR so the planned schedule ex LHR is likely to hold. 

MH2 is still showing a planned departure of 23:30 so let's keep an eye on this one.

At the time of writing 3 aircraft have yet to fly for between 3 days and 1.5 months:
MAC – in KL AOG since 11/05
MAE - in KL AOG since 24/3
MAF - in KL AOG since 9/5

mh4_2.jpg

43 minutes ago, Robert said:

MAB, MAD & MAG are otw to LHR so the planned schedule ex LHR is likely to hold. 

MH2 is still showing a planned departure of 23:30 so let's keep an eye on this one.

At the time of writing 3 aircraft have yet to fly for between 3 days and 1.5 months:
MAC – in KL AOG since 11/05
MAE - in KL AOG since 24/3
MAF - in KL AOG since 9/5

mh4_2.jpg

9M-MAE is down for C-Check and also has its 'whiskers' removed. Also will be repainted in 'Negaraku' livery. This will leave only 9M-MAB and 9M-MAD in old livery.

Edited by JuliusWong

1 hour ago, Craig said:

If all goes well, -MAE will be flying out fresh from the hangar tonight as MH2.

Will be interesting to know if it is has been repainted in the new livery, or they have put it on the backburner due to the current fiasco.

3 hours ago, Craig said:

It's on its way to LHR. 
How do get this info haha ?

3 hours ago, Craig said:

Yes, it made it and MAH has been switched to operate MH88 to NRT.

1 hour ago, Craig said:

FR24 :)

haha so do I. 

I thought you had MH Ops contacts LOL

33 minutes ago, Robert said:

I thought you had MH Ops contacts LOL

I would love a birdie in MH Ops :)

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

I would love a birdie in MH Ops :)

wouldn't we all haha

so MAE received a C check, how long does that usually take?. Julius mentioned the whiskers. I remember it was in here somewhere but can't find the details around teh work but recall it's pretty major. Any further Indo?

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

so MAE received a C check, how long does that usually take?

Last flight was 24 March. So I'd say 7-8 weeks? I assume MAF is in the workshop now for a C check. And -MAC is still on the ground from tech since 10/5.

29 minutes ago, Robert said:

wouldn't we all haha

so MAE received a C check, how long does that usually take?. Julius mentioned the whiskers. I remember it was in here somewhere but can't find the details around teh work but recall it's pretty major. Any further Indo?

i think you mean this post I did back in November 2023. It requires two months of works to complete.

OSCBv.jpg

4 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

i think you mean this post I did back in November 2023. It requires two months of works to complete.

OSCBv.jpg

yes, seems that the pic in the original post won't load on my Mac using safari or chrome

9M-MTF (A333) finally returned to service on 17 May and be been sent to Sydney and Medina

Prior to this it was last used on 31 Dec. 

Anyone know why it was AOG for so long?

With 9M-MTF repainted in "Negaraku" livery, all A330-300s are now repainted. 

No photo description available.

A330-200:

• 9M-MTU, 9M-MTV, 9M-MTW in old livery
  • 9M-MTX, 9M-MTY, 9M-MTZ in "Negaraku" livery

A330-300:

• All 15 in "Negaraku" livery

A350-900:

• 9M-MAB, 9M-MAD, 9M-MAE in old livery
  • 9M-MAC, 9M-MAF, MAG, 9M-MAH  in "Negaraku" livery

B737-800:

• 9M-MLK, 9M-MLU, 9M-MXR, 9M-MXT, 9M-MXW in old livery
  • 9M-MLV in Retro (1972) colour scheme