MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Suhaimi Fariz

MAS Privatisation

23 minutes ago, JuliusWong said:

... Although MXE, MXO and MXY have flown fewer sectors over the past one week...

For 9M-MXE, it's probably because she was stranded at BKI during past five days for some reason or another ..... 😀

26 minutes ago, BC Tam said:

For 9M-MXE, it's probably because she was stranded at BKI during past five days for some reason or another ..... 😀

There was one 738 stuck at the hangar at BKI. Should be MXE.

2 hours ago, BC Tam said:

1 hour ago, jahur said:

There was one 738 stuck at the hangar at BKI. Should be MXE.

That explains it. It flew back to KUL yesterday November 24, 2023. 9M-MLV has also returned to service. Save for FFF out of commission ready for redelivery work to FY, and MXI undergoing maintenance, all 737-800NG are active in service.

Efforts to bring home stranded passengers in Mumbai still ongoing: MAS

KUALA LUMPUR – Malaysia Airlines (MAS) is trying its level best to bring back passengers who have been stranded in Mumbai, due to an unforeseen rerouted flight bound for Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) on Friday (November 24). 

The airline’s group communications unit, in a reply to Scoop today, confirmed that flight MH165, which was scheduled to arrive in KLIA after a layover in Doha on Thursday (November 23), was rerouted to Mumbai International Airport (BOM). 

They also confirmed that the redirection was due to unforeseen technical issues onboard, where the primary focus during the incident was on ensuring the passengers’ and aircraft’s safety. 

9M-MTN gone aog since late nov 23rd. Saw some circular on twitter pax got fed up and quarrel only for the indian police to be dispatched over. 2 nights and no rebooking or rescue aircraft is slow.

13 hours ago, Craig said:

Any word on 9M-MAB? It's been on the ground for 2+ months now.

And our deputy finance minister just announced that we have surplus funds that they need to use by the end of the year. It's no small change. Perhaps Capt. Izham or Tony can send Ahmad Maslan a text or are they left out in the group chat?

9M-MAB is grounded to have its SSA probes removed. The process requires the airframe to be grounded for a long period.

Picture below: Left without SSA probes Right: With SSA probes

On the right is G-VLUX with the three sensors and on the left G-VJAM without.

19 hours ago, jahur said:

9M-MTN gone aog since late nov 23rd. Saw some circular on twitter pax got fed up and quarrel only for the indian police to be dispatched over. 2 nights and no rebooking or rescue aircraft is slow.

I understand the frustration of passengers getting stuck in a foreign airport but some of them need to calm down.

“I was okay yesterday since I thought redirection was normal. But this morning, I’ve started becoming anxious… shaking and crying because I’m really worried about their safety[...] “The passenger’s passports are still being held by the airport’s immigration officers. She also said that she had to use someone else’s (mobile) hotspot from time to time. “MAS being quiet (on this issue) is very loud. There must be something serious going on,” she said.

Unless her parents are wanted by India, they are probably safe on the ground somewhere. And India isn't one of those countries that passengers can just waltz into (especially if you or one your parents have Pakistan background) and like most developing countries, require a lot of paperwork.

But this doesn't excuse MH's abysmal treatment of passengers or the time it takes for them to bring them home/to their destination. I am curious if they still rebook on OAL in situations like this.

15 hours ago, flee said:

It looks like its first commercial flight was to NRT!

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/9MMAH

That was fast!

9 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

9M-MAB is grounded to have its SSA probes removed. The process requires the airframe to be grounded for a long period.

Thank you.

13 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

The other 5 frames would probably be in queue for the long maintenance process as well. Looks like the airline would be operating 6 a350 for many months if thats the case even with MAH delivered. In the end still 350 constrained lol.

3 hours ago, Craig said:

I understand the frustration of passengers getting stuck in a foreign airport but some of them need to calm down.

Unless her parents are wanted by India, they are probably safe on the ground somewhere. And India isn't one of those countries that passengers can just waltz into (especially if you or one your parents have Pakistan background) and like most developing countries, require a lot of paperwork.

I think passengers nowadays are just too naive. People are pushing for mass frequencies and affordable flying but they never thought to have all the convenience one must have the contingency *s#1t happens scenario* planned in replacement except usually there is none. Also many still holding the karen complex whenever there's an inconvenience. Some abruptly having short visits only to throw tantrum when the airline screws up their appointment like the SQ A380 stuck at gate scenario a while ago. Flying costs have not gone down but majority would just look at the other side.

1 hour ago, jahur said:

The other 5 frames would probably be in queue for the long maintenance process as well. Looks like the airline would be operating 6 a350 for many months if thats the case even with MAH delivered. In the end still 350 constrained lol.

LOL, and the eight frame timeline is now further pushed back. SE-RSC MSN 391 still stored at Lourdes/Tarbes-Ossun - LFBT.

VP-COC - Airbus A350-941 - Unknown

Source: https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/11014447

For once, MH 88 from last night provided seamless transfer from KUL to west coast US flights at NRT. 9M-MAH turned around from MH 71 to MH 88 (departed KUL at 07:20 - perfectly timed for US west coast departures ex-NRT). And it looks like 9M-MTM went tech as well on the ground at KUL. Arrived SYD as MH140 at 04:30 and only managed to leave for TPE as MH367 at 14:00.

IIRC, MH 's crew work TPE turnaround (unlike CI/BR which overnight their crew at KUL). That's one long day for crew - left at 14:00 and arrived back at 01:01.

8 hours ago, jahur said:

I wonder what happens to the lease payments when this kind of Aog happens?

16 hours ago, flee said:

I wonder what happens to the lease payments when this kind of Aog happens?

Still ongoing regardless how broken or inefficient an aircraft is the lease tnc is tnc tenure u need to abide. Though i suspect no parking charges as the aircrafts are parked on MAG ground around the hangar vicinity which is not under MAHB.

As for the 6 MH A350 those are probably due for C checks and the new recommendation and AD by airbus on the SSA probe and probably more unspecified stuffs for older frames is also stuff that is fairly common in the airline industry. Last time MH also got the same restriction on the 6 A380 dugongs that needed inspection that they had to quickly dig out 1 B747-400 as a standby aircraft but in the end they manage to ease their way out without needing the 747 in actual deployment. The a350 though may be a bit more tight as i think the airline deploys them more often around its network than the A380 which back then has been only doing LHR with seasonal ICN,NRT back then.

On 11/26/2023 at 1:54 PM, jahur said:

9M-MTN is still stuck at Mumbai. MH has dispatched their recovery team to BOM to rectify the issue, no additional information available. Pax re-routed via CMB/SIN to KUL with UL or AI via DEL/SIN. That being said if the immigration has confiscated their passport, there is nothing MH can do tbh. India is notorious in being difficult in issuing visa. For Malaysians, we are required to have pre-arrival visa done to enter India. Actually I am curious to ask why did they confiscated the passport? Was it because they were moved to the Westin?

MVD delivery slightly delayed to dec4th. Passengers who booked with the original intention to try them out on the Miri and 3rd daily KK flight on dec 4th are unlikely to experience the aircraft. Also it seems MVB may be coming in this late dec though still no photographs from any spotters at Renton.

4 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

Actually I am curious to ask why did they confiscated the passport? Was it because they were moved to the Westin?

I would assume that their immigration will need it for the visa/entry documentation since they are entering the country,  especially for those passport holders that didn’t have the visa on arrival to india

I think MH is surprised by the overwhelming response to ATQ. They are doubling the flights to 4x weekly beginning mid-January. Most of their original scheduled 2x weekly flights are zeroed out in Y or only Y BK is available for sale (plus a handful of business). New schedule isn't ideal. It follows the later departure AMD schedule. They've got to use better planes for this 5:50, 2650+ mile journey! I am curious if they have a lot of weight restrictions on this flight between now and February.

MH206 KUL2300 - 0220+1ATQ  15 73H
MH207 ATQ0320 - 1145KUL 26 73H

15 hours ago, JuliusWong said:

India is notorious in being difficult in issuing visa. 

India visa done pre-arrival is easy. Same format as Chinese visa except way less questions and doesn't require you to name and provide every detail of your day care school and later and list all jobs. No fingerprints required at the embassy. Almost auto-approval within 24 hours.

10 hours ago, nrazmoor said:

I would assume that their immigration will need it for the visa/entry documentation since they are entering the country,  especially for those passport holders that didn’t have the visa on arrival to india

If I have to guess, maybe it's like what Thai do when you enter Ko Lipe from Langkawi. They don't want you to run around the island before they can process your admission.

12 hours ago, jahur said:

MVD delivery slightly delayed to dec4th. Passengers who booked with the original intention to try them out on the Miri and 3rd daily KK flight on dec 4th are unlikely to experience the aircraft. Also it seems MVB may be coming in this late dec though still no photographs from any spotters at Renton.

MVD made a flight today: https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/9MMVD

Is this the beginning of the delivery process?

12 minutes ago, flee said:

MVD made a flight today: https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/9MMVD

Is this the beginning of the delivery process?

Should be part of the acceptance flight. Delivery planned on dec 4th now. Supposed to be 2 days ago i recall based on old scheduling 1 month ago.

Some of the schedules listed on aeroroutes

Malaysia Airlines during the week of 30OCT23’s schedule update filed additional changes to its planned Boeing 737 MAX 8 operation, for Northern winter 2023/24 season. As of 14NOV23, latest update to the carrier’s planned 737 MAX service as follows.

Kuala Lumpur – Kota Kinabalu eff 20NOV23 2 daily (3 daily from 04DEC23)
Kuala Lumpur – Kuching eff 04JAN24 1 daily
Kuala Lumpur – Miri eff 04DEC23 1 daily
Kuala Lumpur – Penang eff 04JAN24 1 daily
Kuala Lumpur – Phuket eff 04JAN24 1 daily

It is likely the Miri(MH2584) and the 3rd daily KK(MH2610)flight to be using the usual 737-800 on dec4th. Aircraft delivered on 4th december they'll surely be a period of it sitting in the hangar pending checks before handing off for commercial operations. Meanwhile websites still selling them as 737-8 on dec 4th.

Edited by jahur

On 11/28/2023 at 5:36 PM, JuliusWong said:

9M-MTN is still stuck at Mumbai. MH has dispatched their recovery team to BOM to rectify the issue, no additional information available. Pax re-routed via CMB/SIN to KUL with UL or AI via DEL/SIN. That being said if the immigration has confiscated their passport, there is nothing MH can do tbh. India is notorious in being difficult in issuing visa. For Malaysians, we are required to have pre-arrival visa done to enter India. Actually I am curious to ask why did they confiscated the passport? Was it because they were moved to the Westin?

9M-MTN has returned to KUL safely just now in the evening. Most probably will be in hangar for few days before returning to service. 

36 minutes ago, Craig said:

Is the "Negaraku" livery the standard livery going forward? MVD is painted in that livery too.

Negaraku is the standard.

https://www.nst.com.my/news/nation/2022/09/831853/malaysia-airlines-high-patriotism-spirit-malaysia-flag-livery

The initiative to refresh the liveries coincides with airworthy maintenance and came during the Covid-19 pandemic when close to 80 per cent of aircraft were grounded due to the worldwide travel ban.

At the end of the programme to refresh the liveries, 58 of 76 aircraft would be decked in the liveries, Eke Nazri said.

Only issue now it seems the songket wau coming in will probably overwrite the current scheme. Even though both are negaraku the wau logo's are very different so as the company name font styling. 

2 hours ago, jahur said:

Only issue now it seems the songket wau coming in will probably overwrite the current scheme. Even though both are negaraku the wau logo's are very different so as the company name font styling. 

Perhaps the songket wau livery should only be used on factory fresh aircraft, i.e. the B737 Max and the A330 Neo. Secondhand A350s should have the same livery as the existing A350s.