MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2012

Got a little bit of footage about her~ With 72~ in front of the Landing Gear~ Should be the rego, NZ7572

IMG_1293.jpg

Cheers :drinks:

Got a little bit of footage about her~ With 72~ in front of the Landing Gear~ Should be the rego, NZ7572

IMG_1293.jpg

Cheers :drinks:

i see RNZDF military personnel on the tarmac so find it impossible for it to be "leased" by Sabah Air

According to a friend in SIN she was there for C-check a couple of days ago. So should be en-route back to NZ. Previously caught them in SZB.

Just did some usual spotting on Sunday morning, the special livery AK that visited was 9M-AHQ, in Bank Rakyat Livery! (Thanks Michael for the info! :drinks: ) seems like this bird quite rare being catched by our BKI spotters...

IMG_2446.jpg

Guess where are they going? :p

IMG_2448.jpg

Here's the answer! ;)

IMG_2459.jpg

another close-up !

spot again in the evening, actually we were waiting for our VVIP that day, which was Maskargo 9M-MPR(ETA 1835), after waiting for about 45 minutes, it's 6.46 pm already but there is still no sign of the 74F which came from PVG, and the sky became darker and darker...so we decided not to wait for him already, quite disappointed :(

but at least we managed to catch a RBA B772 :pardon:

2.jpg

Not expected to see the heli on Sunday.

That's quite marvelous shot Alvin :) I share mines on the Sunday Spot, as well as previous spot. :drinks:

IMG_1072.jpg

The 100th Aircraft for Airasia~

IMG_1092.jpg

Landing~ Gotta catch it before crying over a split milk~

IMG_1156.jpg

This time I got BIMP livery very clearly.

IMG_1182.jpg

Such a rare visitor nowadays in BKI.

IMG_1236.jpg

Here's mine version of BI B772. xD

And previously I do catch some Airasia Liveries, including Dr. M

EditedAFO.jpg

We managed to find a small hill somewhere near Runway 02 and with nice view too.

IMG_0897.jpg

Taken while MH2617 hold short of Runway 02.

While I take this sunset view of AK landing In WBKK. :acute:

IMG_0908.jpg

Cheers :lazy:

just did some short spotting beside T1 around 12pm today, while waiting for my dad's flight from SBW.

spotted Dragonair A320 with rego B-HSE, which is a 14.2 years old plane

IMG_2568.jpg

weather is so hot just now, which make them have to take a break while loading all the luggage :lazy:

IMG_2575.jpg

MasWings 9M-MWH just arrived from SBW as MH3182, which was my dad's flight too :rolleyes:

IMG_2578.jpg

KA60 is ready to back to his hometown HKG, Bon Voyage!

TBC... :drinks:

I would do almost anything to get Dragonair to resume flight to Kuching! Just why nobody from Kuching go to Hong Kong is beyond me! No business opportunity? Language barrier? Haiz...

I would do almost anything to get Dragonair to resume flight to Kuching! Just why nobody from Kuching go to Hong Kong is beyond me! No business opportunity? Language barrier? Haiz...

Politics......no other reasons.....

I am sure there is a demand given that there is a daily (?) KCH-BKI-HKG flight. When KA stopped flying to KCH, they reported that they were merely "suspending" the service and KCH still appeared on their route map in their inflight mag for a while but it was eventually taken off. I think KCH has a market for at least one Chinese carrier particularly Xiamen Airlines given the strong affinity between our Sarawak Foochows and their Chinese counterparts. There was talk back in 2002 of a Fuzhou-KCH direct flight but nothing came of it :( Now I am just waiting for Cebu Pacific to make good their intention to start their MNL-KCH flight. Sure will save me time travelling.

I doubt if it's attractive if they have to depend on pax too much. In fact, I doubt if the multiple dailies from BKI can be sustained if not for the valuable cargo in bellies of the birds flying BKI-HKG sector

(sorry, probably not best thread to have this discussion in :))

Went out to catch the "new" look Lotus jet. Not only the name change, but all the stickers including Tune!

9MAFY_3830w.jpg

I am sure there is a demand given that there is a daily (?) KCH-BKI-HKG flight.

Yes. There is still a daily flight but the thing is, almost all passengers got off at BKI. There are sometimes transit passengers to SDK and TWU but almost none for KCH.

I doubt if it's attractive if they have to depend on pax too much. In fact, I doubt if the multiple dailies from BKI can be sustained if not for the valuable cargo in bellies of the birds flying BKI-HKG sector

(sorry, probably not best thread to have this discussion in :))

But then, passengers load are very good too for KA and even MH for the BKI/HKG sector (i write even MH because MH's load always seems poorer than a rival carrier flying the same route :lol:). So i guess that's a plus. MH seems to get many passengers from the Mainland China through MU. Pretty much all the Mainland Chinese flying MH either just got off a MU flight or are on their way to HKG to catch a MU flight back to their motherland. I noticed they are many Malaysians going to Shenzhen, Guangzhou area taking the MH/KA flights to HKG too.

Anyway, even AK is offering 10 flights a week now between BKI/HKG. I guess demand is big. And KA is still deploying their 333 to BKI whenever there is a school holiday. There will be two KA flights operated by 333 for the first sem break this year (29th May & 4th June) B)

Edited by Isaac

Air China B747-400 B-2447 currently parked in BKI. :drinks: . Might depart tomorrow. Happy Spotting!

Came back from LBU around 4 and rush to capture her parked at Bay 1. Some VIP is around we think.

474941_10150643250091091_730861090_9746788_541080528_o.jpg