MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Waiping

BKI/WBKK 2012

Air Asia Indonesia!? Where did they fly from?

Waiping is right! it's old shot. just wan to let Uncle Pieter see the pixes from the old spot. now no longer can get these shot, since the runway extension is completed. :)

Great !!! Should plan another trip to BKI next year :pardon:

Really miss Sabah...

Anyone tried out that spot immediately in front of Tg Aru train station yet ?

The taxiway sure look very close to perimeter fence :)

Anyone tried out that spot immediately in front of Tg Aru train station yet ?

The taxiway sure look very close to perimeter fence :)

:good: I have't try after the taxiway was opened but pass there a few times. Might need a UWA but the new fence is blocking the view.

This makes me realize how long have i not gone plane spotting. I don't even know where's the location to get a decent picture now. And i have gone from using a digital camera eight years ago to just a cellphone camera now :blush:

... Might need a UWA but the new fence is blocking the view.

Beg pardon for ignorance, but what is a UWA ? :)

I think they (the pilots) are able to make use of a longer runway, not sure if it's the full intended extended version though

But with big birds being so scarce nowadays at BKI, it's largely academic anyway

For sure the taxiways are still being done up

In some places being dug up even, so the adjoining bits have been closed off - hence in some circumstances, taxiing planes need to take diversions :)

Welcome to Sabah !

Runway 02 is now extended. On the other side (20) it is still shortened a bit but not a problem. WIP on both runway and taxiway on that side. Some taxiway near T1 is also still WIP. The best part, parallel taxiway open fro T1 to abeam T2 so landing on 02 no longer has to make u-turn on runway or wait at T2.

02 still has no ILS, old ILS removed as touchdown point is now very different.

Beg pardon for ignorance, but what is a UWA ? :)

Ultra Wide Angle lens.

Runway 02 is now extended. On the other side (20) it is still shortened a bit but not a problem. WIP on both runway and taxiway on that side. Some taxiway near T1 is also still WIP. The best part, parallel taxiway open fro T1 to abeam T2 so landing on 02 no longer has to make u-turn on runway or wait at T2.

With that almost all the spotting locations have shifted, albeit some slightly.

The wooden fence is now extended further so you have a longer walk if you want to catch the touch down point.

My favorite spot at T2 car park cannot spot MH wide-body if they landed at 02. Normally they will turn right on the exit before the Sabah Air hangar. Of course AK will have it heavy as they casually roll towards the terminal.

Maskargo spot is also affected by the new fence. :(

IMG_5446a.jpg

On runway 20 landing (quite frequent lately), the location at the Runway Cafe clubhouse they built a tennis court. So that spot is probably off limits now.

Edited by Waiping

Anyone caught the Russian jet landing at around 1500ish yesterday?

Saw this being moved in direction away from BKI

IMG_1534.jpg

Hope they have a spare one working back at the apron :)

Anyone can cpnfirm if the full length parallel taxiway is completed/operational? wonder if a 747 use it its wings would be jutting out of the fence as it looks very near to the parallel road...

Yup still no ILS up till yesterday.

Current the end of the runway near the former race course has been dug up for unknown reason.

Some normal + special movement today at BKI, sunny weather in the morning but raining during early evening :wacko:

As usual...

IMG_2965.jpg

MU is doing charter flight I think...from Chengdu

IMG_2978.jpg

another charter flight from Taipei

IMG_2995.jpg

and last but not least...

IMG_3006.jpg

Cheers! :drinks:

Hunting season for BKI is officially open! :p