MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Radzi

A330 disabled in KCH

latest news. A330 went off the runway a short while agi. I am stuck in SIN now.

Details later

What?!?! When?!?! Last time SIA A310...I think it's like at least 5 years ago.

dam.2 many planes going of the runway..Anyway 9M-M??

Any idea what happend..??

Edited by raj

I heard it is an A330. If anyone from KCH can go to the airport now, you probably can see it. I don't know when the airport will be open again, as of now I am still in SIN having coming in from KCH earlier this morning.I departed at 11 am, there was an A330 on ground then. But I only got the news of the airport closure only here in SIN.

Any news let us update each other.

A/c is 9M-MKE.

Thanks Delwin. Can get some picture?

Captain Radzi, I was thinking along the lines you will be in WSSS today. Funny feeling. You happen to have your Canon in your bag? Let your F/O take the sector out of Singapore and when you taxi on EP for departure on Runway 02C looking at Cargo parking area you will know why. Quickly go go go...why/ Because I just came back from HKG mid noon on SQ 001 and I saw something huge there. I got some pics......

My a/c is now stuck at F30. Saw the tail at the cargo apron, is it at the 02L/20R side? Went to T1 but still can't see much.

Think the earliest dept window will be 1600 LT.

Edited by Radzi

Guys, LeeCH,

Please, stick here to the A330-KCH topic: if you want to "discuss/show" something about the SQ A380 at SIN, please, do start a new topic B)

Guys, LeeCH,

Please, stick here to the A330-KCH topic: if you want to "discuss/show" something about the SQ A380 at SIN, please, do start a new topic B)

Sorry... my bad... :(

Shouldn't put the link there... <_>

As for the topic... still waiting for pix/details at KCH's 25

Saw the footage on Buletin Utama just now. Seems like the reporters know where u guys spot too. :p

Anyway didn't see the view of the front wheel. and everyone leave thru 2nd right service door through Staircase truck.

Edited by Adrian M

Here's the link from NST

In the 11.15am incident, the Kuala Lumpur-bound flight MH2507 aircraft’s front wheel was stuck in the soil at the end of the runway while making a U-turn.

lol u-turn......

U turn was made because taxiway A was closed due WIP. Not really U turn, only 90 degree. And a U turn at end of runway due to no parallel taxiway.

Not sure if a/c was disabled at intersection B or end of runway, Ignatius, Delwin, help me on this.

A330 pushed back right after me, I went out at 11 am. My schedule was 1110. If I was on time or late a bit I would've been stuck in KCH instead.

Know about the incident frm staff in SIN. Finally arrived back in KCH at about 1730. WBGG is a picture of chaos today, with all bays occupied and a/c waiting for bay.

The spillover effect is wide ranging. Fitri Shukri SMS me, saying he was stuck in KBR for 5 hrs. Finally continue his journey by car instead.

Hope tomorrow will be better.

;)

Seems that Fung Keong rubber at work again (or perhaps omething else which leads to it). Second time in a short timespan an A330 grounded. Must have been some technical problems as the pilots are all trained to do a proper 180 degree turn. 90 degree turns should never be an issue altogether as it is a common day to day manuever. Let's wait and see.

Sign in to follow this