MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azuddin

Crosswind Certification Test Video

while browsing the net today, i found something quiet impressive. i don't know if you all have seen this.

It's a Crosswind Certification Test video on B777 and 747SP. Awesome angle and a matching backgrond music - Enigma- Return to innocent

Crosswind video

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Azzudin, that bloody amazing..The angle that the 777 came me was awesome..also like the 747sp..

i like the 3rd and 4th scene. by looking at the angle, i was thinking that the gear is going to snap off on touch down :lol: . i say the video would be better if the maker spare the engine sound when the aircraft pass by.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

While the T7 is doing his crosswind landing... i could Azahan.. Emporer and Norman run for kaching!!! 3x... :D :D

Most superb landing by the test pilot..!!! Is there any place on Malaysia having the same crosswind at their airport?

i got crosswind once while approaching, quiet scary.

i would love to see a plane went into crosswind, it would be amazing.

Azuddin

haha i think its nice watching it land with crosswind...but when ure inside you will be worrying...haha :lol:

you got that right. i got crosswind while on MH94 while approching TPE.

Azuddin

hi Azuddin, i do download the same video... :) anybody want??

Yeah, Sherman. Tell me where to d/load it or PM me. Thanks.

hi Azuddin, i do download the same video... :) anybody want??

yeah, i want it. where you get it? i would like to show my friends at malacca tomorrow. i can't stream the video there.

Azuddin

hi Attan and Azuddin, i'll post the link sooner. now i'm uploading to a website. but i can't recal where i download it. :p

hi all... crosswind landings seems scary at first esp watching from the videos. But I had a real crosswind landing exprience inside the jumpseat. :D It was very exciting to see the plane "sliding" in the air till touchdown moment. I trust my life and other passengers in the good hands of our well trained pilots. No fear at all! :)

thanks sherman

appreciate it

Azuddin

hi all... crosswind landings seems scary at first esp watching from the videos. But I had a real crosswind landing exprience inside the jumpseat. :D It was very exciting to see the plane "sliding" in the air till touchdown moment. I trust my life and other passengers in the good hands of our well trained pilots. No fear at all! :)

i was on window seat when i got crosswind. the flight is MH94, KUL-LAX via TPE. while approaching TPE, the wind is strong. i could see the right wings is so close to the ground. you can tell it's crosswind by looking at how rapid the plane turn to get algn with the runway

Azuddin

welcome... and now i know how i get this video already, actually this video is Adrian M uploaded in another M'sia base aviation forum, so i manage to download it... and share it to u guys... so the thanks should send to Adrian M instead of me. :)

welcome... and now i know how i get this video already, actually this video is Adrian M uploaded in another M'sia base aviation forum, so i manage to download it... and share it to u guys... so the thanks should send to Adrian M instead of me. :)

I see you found me out at the "other" forum. I didn't wanna say anything coz it was post on the "other" forum. So just wanna keep peace. ^^v

Nice video, IIRC I saw it sometimes ago. :)

Quite a nice background song, I believe by Enigma..Someone has this song, where I can download it FREE ;)

Nice video, IIRC I saw it sometimes ago. :)

Quite a nice background song, I believe by Enigma..Someone has this song, where I can download it FREE ;)

i have the mp3. i could e-mail it to you but by tonight. i'm in KL now, the disc is in malacca. PM me about it.

Azuddin

Crosswinds, name of a particular series in the Brietling watches.

OK, worst crosswinds in SQ networks, Kansai, Nagoya, Male, Perth, Melbourne, Companhagen and Amsterdam. When you have strong crosswinds chances are it will be pretty bumpy most of the times.

Every six months I get back to the simulator to get checked out on doing 25kts crosswinds on takeoff and landings. I like it very much. Not very difficult but needs a lot of mental practise and physical juggling, especially during flare.

Seen these videos during my conversion training. Thanks for posting and letting everyone enjoy.

Wow.. the last video is like 45 degrees off center line... From the rate of deceleration it looks like it is also on full brake and reverse... and I can imagine the pilot yank the plane hard to the centerline at the final moment

Ben-G

OK, worst crosswinds in SQ networks, Kansai, Nagoya, Male, Perth, Melbourne, Companhagen and Amsterdam. When you have strong crosswinds chances are it will be pretty bumpy most of the times.

hehehe, yep AMS can be quite (crosswind)windy :lol:

Anyhow saw an interesting approach by the SQ 744-freighter at DUB recently (see also Eric and my pictures), but, no Tripple Sevens going there, I guess....

when is your next trip to AMS, LeeCH: give me a call or PM !!! ;)

i'm still having trouble with crosswind. i crash a few times at penang and IAH on my FS using 777 and A340.

Azuddin

Sign in to follow this