MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azuddin

photos taken at Batu Berendam Airport

hello guys

just want to share some photos i've taken at Batu Berendam Airport today. There's not many flight, saturday i believe. most pict are the building and some unrecognized A/C.

Sorry about the quality. cheap camera, 3.2MegaPixel, no zoom.

The building

IPB Image

IPB Image

Flying above

IPB Image

Landing

IPB Image

another

IPB Image

and another

IPB Image

enterance to MFA

IPB Image

Just wondering, anyone here know what this is. looks like a training module for fire rescue. Let me know if you have any information.

IPB Image

BTW, thanks to Ahmad, my housemate for driving me there since he got driver license but i don't, only got Texas DL.

Azuddin

Azuddin thanks for sharing...cool pics,MFA...my dream place to continue my study :p

me too. my dad planning on enrolling me into MFA this year.

Azuddin

Azuddin thanks for sharing...cool pics,MFA...my dream place to continue my study :p

haha Me too!

Azuddin

hmmph means u gonna join in privately..?or through scholarshp?

Edited by Benjamin Ng

haha Me too!

hmmph means u gonna join in privately..?or through scholarshp?

privately, self sponsor. it's not gonna be cheap.

Azuddin

Thanks for the pics Azuddin,

Nice to have an overview of other airports etc.

Guess you dont get much traffic there huh.... ?

well, from what i see today, it's like one landing every 15 to 20 minutes. one daparture like every 30 to 40 minutes. used to seems busy during weekday, looks a bit quiet today. i don't really know about the schedule because it's my first time at this airport.

About the airport, i've seen that it mostly made of woods, no wonder it rattles when Herc130 land. I think a 777 with only one engine running can tore apart the entire building :lol:

pictures was taken around 4.00PM today.

Azuddin

Thanks for sharing the pics Azuddin. It appears Melaka's Airport is also painted red as with some historical buildings in Melaka.

All the best to all you aspiring pilots.

Really nice...........so If Muhammad Ali wants to make a new airport for Melakanian, is it a KLIA design, just wandering :lol:

Azuddin

wohooo...u r so lucky lar Azuddin,if my father want to enroll me privately...he need to sell the car,motocycle,tv n bla bla in order to get some more $$$ :lol:

i thinks cost is abt RM140000>RM180000...feewhhh :blink:

i heard as a private student to get into MFA , wil have to wait to 2007...apparently , they are fully booked with these MAS n AA cadets...n they even fly on sundays...how mad is that aye?

when i was there in MFA, we could fly many hours a day...but now , it has changed to the other..imagine...

so , i would suggest, for those who are really interested in flying, to join a flying club first, if u cant get into MFA straight...

or for those who read the news papers recently , just check this website www.esbfc.com...apparently they are training u to get an australian CPL ? but is it valid in malaysia? the next question...

just sharing info guys...cheers

picture taken yesterday,took more but the others didnt turn out well,so here's the only 1 that turned out ok

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/4787/pa281611kj.jpg

don't tell me, you were at malacca MFA yesterday? notice a silver kancil with a guy wearing black jeans jacket in it at MFA parking lot?

i was thinking about not going straight to MFA. maybe should join a club for beginning. anyone had infos on B4 youth flight academy which is next to MFA in malacca? but joining MFA is still pending, if my dad have to return to work in Houston, he might enroll me into United Flight Academy in Houston, which is related to Continental Airlines. he always want to be a pilot before but he can't, so with his help, i'm taking it.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Just wondering, anyone here know what this is. looks like a training module for fire rescue. Let me know if you have any information.

IPB Image

It's a fuselage mockup for fire & rescue training & practice. You'll find at least one at every airport.

It's a fuselage mockup for fire & rescue training & practice. You'll find at least one at every airport.

i've saw one used by MHS at Kerteh airport. didn't saw any at KUL. i saw they use a full DC-8 at Zurich. i've been on the underwater helicopter escape mockup in terengganu. it's quiet scary to be on it and they plunge it into a 30ft deep water.

Here's what i saw at HKG CLK, training mockup for 747 and MD-11

IPB Image

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

Azuddin,

you can catch Riau Airlines from 9am - 1030am on mon, Tue, Wed, Thur and Sat.

and Berjaya airlines depart at 1850 on Tue,Wed, Thu, and Sat,

latest information regarding on the runway extension, the company i work with just completed this project on Batu Berendam runway strength analysis last week...expect machinery to be there in the near future

Edited by fairul

Azuddin,

you can catch Riau Airlines from 9am - 1030am on mon, Tue, Wed, Thur and Sat.

and Berjaya airlines depart at 1850 on Tue,Wed, Thu, and Sat,

latest information regarding on the runway extension, the company i work with just completed this project on Batu Berendam runway strength analysis last week...expect machinery to be there in the near future

that's a good news about b. berendam. i do saw riau airline ticketing counter there. what type of plane does riau airline use for BB.

Azuddin

that's a good news about b. berendam. i do saw riau airline ticketing counter there. what type of plane does riau airline use for BB.

Azuddin

im not sure...a friend from MFA gave me the schedule...perhaps its Fokker 50..

If im free, maybe can go spotting there with u..my office very near to MMU ..

Ahhh :rolleyes: .... Malacca's Batu Berendam :rolleyes:

Nostalgic.. B)

The airport I boarded a plane for the first time

a Fokker F27 Friendship... :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing the pics. ;)

im not sure...a friend from MFA gave me the schedule...perhaps its Fokker 50..

If im free, maybe can go spotting there with u..my office very near to MMU ..

that's great, we could do it sometimes.

Azuddin

riau- Fokker 50s

berjaya-De Havilland DHC7

occasionally, the police wing will drop by with their cessnas

here's a pic of a merpati fokker taken about a year ago (16feb05)

IPB Image

and here's a pic of a a police cessna

IPB Image

Sign in to follow this