MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
amzari

USN "pick-up Truck" at Subang Airport

here some pictures of USN's C-2 Greyhound taken at the Subang Airport early this morning(6/2/2006). Arrival of this rare bird also signalling that there is a USN aircraft carrier somewhere nearby....hehe

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Same aircraft as Dante saw at BKI earlier in the day...here's his link:

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index....wtopic=1578&hl=

Very nice and clear pictures, Amzari, thanks for sharing !

Hmm..USS KITTHAWK...i smell some F/A18's yonder... :D :D

Nice shots Amzari...how did u gain ramp access? Eurocopter ke? :lol:

Hmm..USS KITTHAWK...i smell some F/A18's yonder... :D :D

Nice shots Amzari...how did u gain ramp access? Eurocopter ke? :lol:

eventhough the mothership name on the a/c was Kitty Hawk(BTW Kitty Hawk was already decomission)..this bird come from USS Ronald Reagen and just 2 1/2hrs away from Malaysian waters right now. I already can smell the GE F414 of F/A-18F nearby!hehe

Departed from Subang RWY15 at 1100hrs.TQ

Edited by amzari

I understand Kitty Hawk was based in Japan. If I recall correctly, it paid a visit to Port Klang some time ago.

Edited by Rozhan

I understand Kitty Hawk was based in Japan. If I recall correctly, it paid a visit to Port Klang some time ago.

i tot that was some nuclear aircraft carrier if i remeber its CVN-68 uss nitmitz which visit port klang.. ;)

Good catch man..Very classic plane..

I admire her Blades tho..Huge..

I suppose thats why it carries "the flag of the rising sun"!

The rising sun is the insignia of the "Sundowners" squadron VF-111. They used to operate F-14's.

Thanks for the excellent shots, Amzari.

i tot that was some nuclear aircraft carrier if i remeber its CVN-68 uss nitmitz which visit port klang.. ;)

Nimitz, Kitty Hawk and John C. Stennis are among carriers I remember visited Port Klang, based on newspaper articles. It would be nice to have a guided tour for the public. TV3 got a chance to videotape some scenes on board one of them and showed in Majalah Tiga.

TV3 got a chance to videotape some scenes on board one of them and showed in Majalah Tiga.

I watched that episode, really cool. M3 also do coverage during MH new 777 delivery flight :) Sad can't watch from here. Anybody has any idea how to watch TV3 from US :)

Amzari,

u managed to get hold of it in SBZ! Cool! Nice pictures. did u ask them what they were doin here? picking up supplies or maintenance? didn't know that Kitty Hawk was decom already, but she's pretty old anyways. Btw, is that a Fokker in the background of one of your pictures? hehe....

she were picking up a bunch of army generals for tour to USS Ronald Reagan somewhere near Natuna Island.Yup..It's fokker,in non-flyable condition..waiting for somebody to buy it according to my realiable source..hehe

Edited by amzari

Nimitz, Kitty Hawk and John C. Stennis are among carriers I remember visited Port Klang, based on newspaper articles. It would be nice to have a guided tour for the public. TV3 got a chance to videotape some scenes on board one of them and showed in Majalah Tiga.

USS Carl Vinsson was also in Port Klang a few years ago. I went on board as it was open to the public but we weren't allowed to go on deck. In the hangars below were F18's, F14's, Seahawks, A6 Prowlers, Vikings, etc. It was worth the traffic jams to get there and back :)

wah? army generals? Malaysians or Americans? sounds interesting...

is it fokker 27 or 50? wonder which airline used to run it?

F27 from the nose gear. At 1st I tot was Merpati.

The COD in SZB....

I guess they did some shopping in KUL...Giant,Carefour....he he he he.

Nice report...thanks.

Sign in to follow this