MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

Royal Brunei Airlines news

Just saw this news from jetspotter.com about Royal Brunei.

Boeing 767-328ER, V8-RBM is now sold to Air Europa (new rego EC-JJJ)

Boeing 757-2M6, V8-RBB is with Azal Azerbaijan Airlines (new rego 4K-AZ43)

Boeing 757-2M6, V8-RBA, was in storage but it is now scrapped :o :o

Royal Brunei will take over two Boeing 767-319ER from Air New Zealand (which will retire from Air NZ)around March-April.

Apparently, RBA was going to take two Boeing 777-222 from United Airlines, but it has taken the board too long to approve the lease, so the two 777-222s when to Air India instead.

----End of news------

Edited by S V Choong

Why sell 767 and then buy two same type 767s..................shouldn't they keep that 767 and buy one instead? :)

SV, you missed 767-328ER V8-RBN is now JA767E with Skymark

Seth, -RBM/N are long gone. They were sold off when the 4 A319/20's arrived, which although lowered capacity (as both 752's left the fleet soon after) as a whole was far more economical on the regional services where much of the 763's capacity was not used.

Two birds will be:

ZK-NCF and NCN

Edited by Liam Gibb

Hi Everyone,

I was under the assumption the Air New Zealand aircraft will only be temporary replacements, while Royal Brunei undertakes line maintaince on some of their 763s.

Greg

Probably unrelated, but seems RB is sending 763's to BKI again. Dunno if it's anything to do with the busy CNY period, or it's a permanent change - just saw the birds flying off the last few days.

so RBA now own how many aircraft? thru i know, last time RBA only owned more or less 10 aircraft, right?

Currently :- 6x 763 (4 big doors)

- 2x 319

- 2x 320

Coming :

- 2x 763 from NZ (2 big & 2 small emergency exits)

Probably unrelated, but seems RB is sending 763's to BKI again. Dunno if it's anything to do with the busy CNY period, or it's a permanent change - just saw the birds flying off the last few days.

I think it's for the CNY season only. By the way, got FOUR flights to HKG on last Wednesday (1/2/05). 2 were extra flights (1x MH734 & 1x KA321). BKI really need a new airport a.s.a.p. The check-in area is simply too small. Didn't catch KA333 this CNY.

wonder why Brunei Air only operate about 10 aircraft?

Have you ever been to Brunei ? If not, try to schedule a visit and you'll probably find your answer !! :D

i do... also last time i do a transit flight at Brunei to Aus. but this happen long... long... long... time ago liao, can't remember anything... :D and now by land and sea liao... hehe... :D y ar??? no business ar?

Been there!

Damn rich and the castle damn grand. Everyone gets 'Duit Raya' from the sultan if you go for open house.

Jerudong Park, once a free Amusement Park is one or maybe the only attraction there.

Famous with its Water Village, house on stilts. It is extremely boring over there, being a very and i mean VERY ISLAMIC country, Alchohol is strictly condemned there.

Flew RBA few times before, quite a decent airline. KCH-BWN gets a hot meal service! I remembered having Fish in the frontest row of the Fokker50 before.

They do not serve alchohol on air but you can BYO to the aircraft.

Well, those statements are based from my experiences few years back when i went to Perth on RB.

I was at Miri at that time and its a preety weird routing. MYY-KCH-PER.

Miri is like 1 or 2 hours from Brunei on coach but they bring us all the way south to Kuching, and north back to Bandar Seri Begawan to catch the flight.

Been there!

Damn rich and the castle damn grand. Everyone gets 'Duit Raya' from the sultan if you go for open house.

Jerudong Park, once a free Amusement Park is one or maybe the only attraction there.

Famous with its Water Village, house on stilts. It is extremely boring over there, being a very and i mean VERY ISLAMIC country, Alchohol is strictly condemned there.

hi Walter,

i also visit the castle before, but also long long time ago liao. :p and now less ppl would like to go to Jerudong park liao, since start collect entrance fees... and the less maintanance to their landskap and games, also no new games. thats y many brunei guy like go to nearby town, such as Miri, Limbang, Labuan, and KK.

and BYO stand for Bring Your Own?

Edited by Sherman

BYO stand for Bring Your Own?

Yes thats correct

wonder why Brunei Air only operate about 10 aircraft?

The answer could be as simple as the demand and supply equation. I am no economist anyway :)

Edited by S V Choong

hi Walter,

i also visit the castle before, but also long long time ago liao. :p and now less ppl would like to go to Jerudong park liao, since start collect entrance fees... and the less maintanance to their landskap and games, also no new games. thats y many brunei guy like go to nearby town, such as Miri, Limbang, Labuan, and KK.

and BYO stand for Bring Your Own?

yeah, every weekend. Those wealthy Bruneian come Miri to shop, then go back to Brunei with a whole load of stuff and grocery. In a way it contributes to the economy of the town..

yeah, every weekend. Those wealthy Bruneian come Miri to shop, then go back to Brunei with a whole load of stuff and grocery. In a way it contributes to the economy of the town..

but on the other hand... they make the selling price in miri get higher than those in sibu or bintulu, they reasons may due to mirian want to earn more from bruneain... :angry: this will make the local ppl buy less then those from sibu.......

Boeing 757-2M6, V8-RBA, was in storage but it is now scrapped :o :o

Sad news indeed: having flown dozens of flights on her between BWN and BKI v.v. in 1999/2000 :(

Although these flights were very short, they were always very pleasant, and I was always pleasantly surprised by her excellent climb performance :o

20 odd years ago, I remember seeing the first Boeing 757 demo in Boeing Company colours landed at Tawau airport (for fuel). She was on her way to Bandar Seri Begawan from Seattle as a demonstration to Royal Brunei airlines. A year or two later, I saw a handful of Boeing 757-2M6s in Royal Brunei colours at BKI. Probably the largest ever a/c landed at the old Tawau airport.

Now she is gone.... I miss the 757s in Royal Brunei colours and they look great!

20 odd years ago, I remember seeing the first Boeing 757 demo in Boeing Company colours landed at Tawau airport (for fuel). She was on her way to Bandar Seri Begawan from Seattle as a demonstration to Royal Brunei airlines. A year or two later, I saw a handful of Boeing 757-2M6s in Royal Brunei colours at BKI. Probably the largest ever a/c landed at the old Tawau airport.

Now she is gone.... I miss the 757s in Royal Brunei colours and they look great!

S V,

Are you sure coz old TWU can barely cater for 732 and 734. Maybe you mean SDK as I heard someone there say there are 757 visited there before.

I live in Tawau prior to moving to NZ. Yes I am absolutely sure of it. How can I missed out the Boeing company livery with the three letters "757" at the tail?

Remember the 757s have short runway capability and the engines are powerful enough.

I have even got photos to prove it but not now as they are in Tawau still. Don't think the 757s went to Sandakan according to the local newspaper.

It attracted local attention and my father brought us to the airport specifically for that occasion.

TAWAU-IAN!!!!

me is from Tawau too.

My dad told me landing in Tawau is a scary thing, you stop almost at the end of hte runway.

Sign in to follow this