MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
H Azmal

Planes 'seen in close encounter'

Whoa!!! That was a realllly close encounter!!! Read the report but as usual they probably cover-up as it has not lead to any mishap :o Judging from the a/c size and proportions...they're very close probably less than 500ft separation. Correct me if I'm wrong...it could be photo trick. Anyway the JAL A330 and DHL 737 are proportion in respect of the picture taken.

:blink: :o

based on the fuselage diameter, it seems that the JAL 773ER is a lot higher then the A300. must be between 200ft to 600ft above the A300. there's gonna be the first criple 7 if it's collide.

Azuddin

you guys are good!

hey no worries, we all are in one aviation comunity. it's important to help and correct others. :D

BTW, just check out a.net, they says that both planes are at least 1000ft vertical apart. the 773ER is 1000ft above the A300. another reason the camera angle. it also could cause by some kind of lense which make far or higher object look closer or lower to the ground.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

<_ em the jal aircraft not a330>

Pardon my ignorance but hasn't JAL's fleet always been made up of American jets? I do not recall JAL ever using an Airbus jet, especially not the A330.

<_ em the jal aircraft not a330>

LOL u can see the squarish end of the body, the pencil long body, the raked wingtips, big engines of 777...well most obvious is the raked wingtips where only boeing has it. (764,772LR, 773ER)

Pardon my ignorance but hasn't JAL's fleet always been made up of American jets? I do not recall JAL ever using an Airbus jet, especially not the A330.

JAL does operate the A300. it's the only airbus JAL operate.

airliners.net photo

Azuddin

Not unusual really. Objects taken with ultra telephoto lenses like the one pictured, often appear closer to each other than they actually are. On the other hand, pics taken with ultra wide angle lenses has the opposite effect.

according to the BBC news today.. they said the Air Traffic Controllers something association has clarify both the aircrafts are at least 1000 feet away from each other.. dont know it is true a not la..

JAL does operate the A300. it's the only airbus JAL operate.

airliners.net photo

Azuddin

JAL inherited these A300's from JAS...they won't last long in JAL's fleet, though...

Thats right, JAL inherited those A300-600Rs from Japan Air System through merger about 1-2 years ago. If you carefully check, there is a JAS logo on some of JAL's A300-600Rs.

One reason why JAL and ANA tended to operate a huge amount of American aircraft due to the fact that Japanese industry contribute to a huge amount (30-50%) of the overall 767, 777 and 787 components.

ANA operates the A320s however.

The JAL in the photo is definitely a 777-346/ER while the DHL looks like an Airbus A300-203 judging from the absence of wingtip and relatively round shaped engines. Correct me if I am wrong!

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this