MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
affendi osman

MH To Charge Seat Booking Fees!

I understand some of you are complaining, but I actually see it as a positive move.

Before, when I buy the lowest fares, I can't choose at all. Now I can buy the lowest fare and for a rather small fee, I can also choose the seat. This is great flexibility. It is anyway free when we do online-check in.

Let's compare to SQ - if (an only if) you book online on their website, you are free to choose seats. But from my experience, you need to book very very early. I once booked 5 weeks before the flight, and only lousy seats were left. So I much prefer that they charge for this option and leave the decision to passengers. I know, I know, first come first serve, but who books 6 months in advance?

Any idea why only domestic ?

One cannot but help speculate that once this 'innovative' feature receives overwhelming positive customer response, it will be progressively rolled out to include other routes as well.. with different price tiers for different seat types.

Edited by V Wong

I know, I know, first come first serve, but who books 6 months in advance?

Anyone who flies AK needs to book 12 months in advance when you get their promo fares!!!

I know some countries only allow dropping off luggage within 10 minutes after kiosk self check-in.

Does anybody know if MH allows kiosk check-in 48 hours early, but only drop off luggage 1 hour before flight? In view of MH's new seating policy, I might resort to such desperate measures...!

Anyone who flies AK needs to book 12 months in advance when you get their promo fares!!!

Not necessarily so. You can always reserve a seat at a later date through the "manage my booking" page.

I know some countries only allow dropping off luggage within 10 minutes after kiosk self check-in.

Does anybody know if MH allows kiosk check-in 48 hours early, but only drop off luggage 1 hour before flight? In view of MH's new seating policy, I might resort to such desperate measures...!

Yes. You can do this. I do this all the time now since the airport is only around 10 minutes drive from my house. This way i can go to the airport an hour before my flight and do not have to worry about all the window seats being taken up.

Anyway, you won't be able to get the seats in the emergency rows if you check-in through the kiosk. Row 5 on 734 and 738 is blocked too.

Believe TG reserved bulkhead seats for Royal Orchid Plus gold and silver card holders, bring intangible value to ROP and make ROP worthwhile keeping :good:

Sign in to follow this