MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Alvin Liew

Cebu Pacific Safety Demo

Smart marketing as this video has gone viral!

Love this safety demonstration...now only if they'll use the Kulula text !!??.... :pardon:

Nice. If this is done on a Malaysian carrier, do you think it will be approved by the DCA?

This is so cool...... And fun and entertaining..... and so "Soulplane"

BUT safety IS a serious issue, so don't know what the ICAO Regulators think about dancing in airplanes. Then there's the copyright issue of using the song for commercial purposes. The movements and gestures by the FAs in all airlines are synchronised to the pre-recorded safety narration or the live scripted narration of another narrator, usually a member of the crew. The gestures are designed in such a way so passengers who do not understand the language of the narration can still relate to the gestures of the FA. In fact the Demos should be understood even if there was no narration.

I think it would be tough to get our DCA, or the DCAs controlling 'mainstream' airlines to pass this through. In countries where there is a culture of suing even for the slightest perceived error ( for instance, the country that managed to put men on the moon ) this would be 'Liability Central' and every lawyer with a legal certificate will hover at any crash scene where emergency evacuation or decompression played a part....

By the way, this airline, which started operations 22 years ago had a CFIT accident in 1998 killing all 104 on board. It was also banned from flying into European Airspace since 31 mar 2010.

IMHO, there are many other creative ways to make flying fun without impinging on the integrity and sanctity of Flight Safety.

Apparently that dance/safety demo was conducted at cruise altitude

I always thought that routine is supposed to be gotten out of the way before the crew buckle up for take off ?

I read somewhere on the net that this dance safety demo is in addition to the normal one. So they get two for the price of one! :)

Have you seen the male one? I know it's innovative, but it's terrible and it's hard to focus on the safety aspect if the FAs kept on moving(or dancing) while doing safety demo.

I read somewhere on the net that this dance safety demo is in addition to the normal one. So they get two for the price of one! :)

If that is the case, form of in-flight entertainment - good on them ! :D

Isn't it a bit distracting for something as serious as a safety briefing. If it's a briefing interspersed with jokes a la Southwest then it's not that bad. But dancing?

Dancing? at least the passengers were looking rather than the normal safety briefing where no one bothered. Distracting? A bit of dancing cant be that distracting aint it?

Sign in to follow this