MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
T Azahan

First Officer LeeCH - 'Rock and Roll'

cheers leech. at least we have pictures inside and outside. no wonder u suddenly entered Rwy 32R after very brief hold. i thot there was aircraft coming in. the fedex was so impatient that tower replied "fedex 19, wait!". china airlines earlier also kept on asking for clearance and tower also instructed "dynasty bla bla bla, please hold for 1 minute!"

that mike alpha floated very long and touched down near alpha 9 taxiway. very far away from the usual touchdown area. and it floated flat with zero descent for around 2 seconds. tail wind now i know. and i saw when u rotated, u had to adjust your rudder. must be to counter the tailwind.

hope your second sortie was a smooth one as the sky was very clear then. i dropped by at the terminal burger king after u departed. no point rushing back as i knew the traffic would be bad. got my lap top along so i edited the images while whacking double whopper. i left around 7.30pm.

see you again on the 6th. hopefully it would be a dry spotting. but that wet spotting was fun. and lets go for teh tarik when u take a short break in february. i get the rest of our gang to join in.

rozhan,

best oooh mandi hujan. at least i wasnt dehydrating. eh, next time, please join us for spotting. i am going this saturday with emperor jonathan. he wants to get even with me on the thai a346 biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif .

rozhan,

best oooh mandi hujan. at least i wasnt dehydrating. eh, next time, please join us for spotting. i am going this saturday with emperor jonathan. he wants to get even with me on the thai a346 biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif .

26522[/snapback]

make sure, sediakan payung sebelum hujan Azahan biggrin.gif biggrin.gif . I do this before the picture effect is very nice if you keep your camera dry under your umbrella.

Azuddin

i was looking for my umbrella high and low. darn! left it at home. most of the time when we dont need it, it is always in the car.

i was looking for my umbrella high and low. darn! left it at home. most of the time when we dont need it, it is always in the car.

26529[/snapback]

you got that right, same here. When i don't need it, it's always in my bag. most the time when i leave it at home, it's raining when on my way back from class.

Azuddin

Wow, I salute your dedication Azahan, rain or shine, day or night you're there.

Very nice shots indeed.

Coming home tomorrow for about 4 weeks so hope to see you all then.

Good stuff Azahan and LeeCh.

My salute for Azahan for taking those photos in heavy rain. BTW, those photos look nice even in such tricky and difficult conditions.

Nice info too from LeeCh and now I know I need to put on my seat belts either in front or back. laugh.gif

biggrin.gif SOLUTE TO AZAHAN & LEECH biggrin.gif

Both of you have gone to the extreme for these fine shots...

Thank you guys....

Azahan, need to learn the technic of using long bazooka for a

nice-sharp-panning-shot... (emphasized the word sharp... tongue.gif ) laugh.gif

and also how you keep the equipments "dry" in "rain" when

some people gone to the extent of keeping their gadgets in dry-cabinet

just to get rid of the "water droplets" we called humidity in the air.. biggrin.gif

Respect you bro!

LeeCH.... good pictorial story of the flight...

Thanks for sharing wink.gif

i get the rest of our gang to join in.

Excellent shots Azahan and LeeCH...they do mix-in very well, from different viewpoints !!!

Azahan..........hopefully, during the time I'm there in February ?! laugh.gif

Excellent shots Azahan and LeeCH...they do mix-in very well, from different viewpoints !!!

Azahan..........hopefully, during the time I'm there in February ?!  laugh.gif

26588[/snapback]

Same here. Hopefully it'll be clear skies then.

user posted image

heard over the scanner the excited pilot saying "tower, we're ready" 3 times.

26501[/snapback]

Hey... nice pictures on both sides, the Obs. Hill guy and the guy on-board!

Azahan, why did the pilot got so excited that he had to tell Tower "we're ready" so many times?

Mind lending me the scannar for my spotting trip tomorrow??? laugh.gif laugh.gif Sure would like to if you don't mind... rolleyes.gif

Anyway, any of you going for spotting tomorrow morning?

Edited by Teoh Z Yao

whenever it rains in this part of equatorial region....it really really rain like no tomorrow.

I find that some "mat salleh" pilot i met in over sea...when they hear Rain or showers in KL or SIN...it means heavy business. For a Pilot...its a rattle...take off or landing is very dangerous...visibility drop...wind directions and velocity and worst of all...getting airborne into a thunderstorm cell...or being below it.

Microbust and so on...scary. I hate that!! mad.gif

as for Azahan and Leech...they went into the extreme weather in KUL just for their love in aviation...i salute to these 2 enthusiasts. smile.gif

Thank you Azahan and LeeCH. Rare pics indeed. If not for the rain, you both would have got some excellent shots. Best of luck on the 6th.

cheers guys, thanx for viewing...

by the way even though i was soaking wet in the rain, god was fair to me and gave me something. jonathan, i know u dont have this one in wet weather with beacon light somemore. curse me for all i care. hehehehehe tongue.gif tongue.gif

user posted image

This was Tuesday, right? Wonder why everybody is landing on 32R? Is weather on 32L approach really bad?

I like this PIA livery especially in their 777s..its simple but nice..Clean baby bus..nice

26698[/snapback]

PIA T7 is indeed nice. I saw them a few times at IAH, departing out at night, follow by China Airline A340 to TPE via Seattle.

Azuddin

Azuddin

Captain Radzi,

Yes, it was Tuesday noon. We got a big CB sitting right on top of Runway 32L on my arrival at 1615L. We had to snake our way to FF32L. Some guys behind us were also doing the same. All came in with tailwind. We did an Autoland. When pax disembarking, one of them told the crew and say we did a good job landing the aircraft laugh.gif And we departed the CB followed us to 32R. When we are on gate C2 the CB must have been sitting on top too.

OK people,

My good F/O buddy (Malaysian from Port Dickson) is doing a KUL shuttle on 5th Feb (Sunday) with arrivals and departure both times in the daylight. I will try to swop with him for my shuttle on the 6th Feb as mine is on a Monday and one of the flights will be at night. This is to accomodate the weekend spotting crowd. Can I have a show of hands on which would be the preffered dates please? I cannot guarantee SRE ok...

LeeCH

5th is just fine bro!! but if you cant make it, i will still catch you on the 6th. in any case, let us know the confirmed date. cheers!

Sign in to follow this