MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

ANZ's new safety video

After their famous 'Nothing to Hide' safety video on their domestic 733, ANZ launched a new safety video 'Crazy About Rugby', featuring New Zealand national rugby union team All Blacks.

Now THAT is how a safety video should be done - creative and concise.

Love it! Air New Zealand now has a collection of safety videos like an airline's special livery. All safety messages cleverly conveyed to the passengers in just 3 minutes and 41 seconds.

Speaking of new style safety videos, Emirates recently came out with a mondo 21 century safety video for their A380 flights, which does not involved any cabin crew's demo whatsoever. And the video is just 2 minutes and 46 seconds in length.

As a comparison, MH's latest safety video is almost 6 minutes in length.

FYI, ANZ usually is the acronym for Australia and New Zealand Bank.

http://www.anz.com.au/

http://www.anz.co.nz/

"Air NZ" would probably be better known in this area :)

I find Air NZ's safety video a bit out of distracting. Are we ready the rugby side of it or the safety?

Edited by S V Choong

The demo about "blowing into the mouthpiece for further inflation", then shrill of a whistle bit - hope that doesn't come back to haunt the airline

EK safety video is very modern and informative. Love it. For Air NZ a bit shameful on part of old women naked, looks like women exploitation eventhough video's creative.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

The new Air New Zealand safety video is hilarious! Loved it! Now, that is how it should be done. I'm not saying every airline should adopt that style but it works for NZ and they should stick to it. Can you imagine a safety video like that from SQ???

And that old lady streaking down the plne at the end? Classic! LOL!

When the oxygen mask fell down from the compartment, don't ask why. :D

No doubt it's in English but IMHO some of the wordings may not be easily understood over here.

If we were to choose a sports theme for our safety video the one sport that we could really be proud of so far is probably badminton. Obviously we shouldn't be choosing football. Now imagine Datuk Lee doing the presentation. :D

Brilliant! Concise and funny at the same time. I just wish MH will change their current video which so draggy and in some parts the way it's presented, sounds condescending.

When the oxygen mask fell down from the compartment, don't ask why. :D

No doubt it's in English but IMHO some of the wordings may not be easily understood over here.

I agree their wording takes time to comprehend for non Kiwi. Subtitles really help.

I love the cheeky side of the ANZ video. The naked old lady may not work on other airlines or regions, but it suits them just nice. So unexpected, it's funny. :lol: :lol: But I think EK's video conveys a clearer message, maybe because of the lack of superstars.

If we were to choose a sports theme for our safety video the one sport that we could really be proud of so far is probably badminton. Obviously we shouldn't be choosing football. Now imagine Datuk Lee doing the presentation. :D

Personally, I would rather go for squash. Maybe not a lot of Malaysians understand the sport, but they sure know Nicole David and that Azlan Iskandar dude. Besides, our national squash players are more photogenic. :drinks:

The demo about "blowing into the mouthpiece for further inflation", then shrill of a whistle bit - hope that doesn't come back to haunt the airline

Potentially it could haunt them through (Sexual) Discrimination Act!? ;)

I agree their wording takes time to comprehend for non Kiwi. Subtitles really help.

Trust me, if you are not used to Manglish and Singlish, it is even harder to understand what Malaysian and Singaporean speak. Not only one has to deal with mispronunciations, accent but grammar side of things as well.

New Zealand English is not hard to understand, at least this is the case when I have encountered the Americans, the British and Canadian. Australian English is our close cousin, so I have never had any problems while living in Australia. ;)

New Zealand English is not hard to understand, at least this is the case when I have encountered the Americans, the British and Canadian. Australian English is our close cousin, so I have never had any problems while living in Australia. ;)

When I first watched their body paint video, it took me a few seconds to get hold on their English. I think NZ English (pronunciation-wise) is closer to Queen's English than Australian. One good thing about Aussie is they speak clearly word by word and maintain the rhythm, whereas Kiwis tend to go faster and when they are about to finish their sentence, their pitch will go higher.

When I first watched their body paint video, it took me a few seconds to get hold on their English. I think NZ English (pronunciation-wise) is closer to Queen's English than Australian. One good thing about Aussie is they speak clearly word by word and maintain the rhythm, whereas Kiwis tend to go faster and when they are about to finish their sentence, their pitch will go higher.

I learnt English from NZ and I speak NZ English and believe me, we do not sound like the Queen's English. Closest cousin is Australian. It is little wonder due to the close proximity of geographic location and the close ties between both countries. Very much like the case of Canadian & US English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_English

New Zealand English (NZE, en-NZ[1]) is the form of the English language used in New Zealand.

The English language was established in New Zealand by colonists during the 19th century. The most distinctive influences on New Zealand English have come from Australian English, British English in Southern England, Irish English, Scottish English, the prestige Received Pronunciation, and the Māori language.[2] New Zealand English is similar to Australian English in pronunciation, with some key differences. One of the most prominent differences is the realisation of /ɪ/: in New Zealand English, as in some South African varieties, this is pronounced as a schwa.

Ours may have the "lah" and "bah" behind each sentences. :p

Sign in to follow this