MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kenneth Chong WT

MASwings' New Uniform

IMG_7506.jpg

The Stage is set!

Only days after Garuda Indonesia launched their new in-flight uniform for their cabin crew, closer to home, another Malaysian airline also did the same as a way of re-branding their airline. Given that Maswings had kept their uniform very much unchanged since its inception, it was about time that they looked into revamping the look of their uniform.

Since 2007, their female cabin crew uniform featured a kebaya top with dark blue slacks for practicality, their male counter part spotted a very “office-boy” look with their long sleeves shirt and dark blue slacks complete with a green “Daun Midin” motif neck-tie.

DSC01118.jpg

Old Uniform in action.

While there was an ALMOST NEW UNIFORM during the launch of the first arrival of the ATR back in 2008, it never really did happened. But today, MASwings stood apart from its parent company by featuring new uniforms not only for their cabin crew but for the front-liners (ground crew), as well as the Ground/ Baggage Handlers.

IMG_0257.jpg

The Uniform that never came through...the fabric is retained though!

A total of 840 members of the Maswings family from bases in Kuching, Sibu, Bintulu, Miri, Limbang, Mulu, Lahad Datu, Kota Kinabalu, Sandakan and Tawau will spot this new, vibrant, contemporary uniform while still maintain its very “Borneo” feel to it.

During the launch at Pullman Hotel in Kuching, the old uniforms were also featured next to the new uniform.

IMG_7486.jpg

Meet my friend!

According to Tengku Dato’s Azmil Zahruddin, the new uniform also shows Maswings’ commitment to quality service to mirror the the 5 Star value of its parent company, Malaysia Airlines. As the matter of fact, MASwings’ On-Time-Performance for the first 3 months this year was 95%, a figure even MAS aspire to achieve.

IMG_7553.jpg

MD/CEO of MAS.

The moment I heard that the launching of the new uniform was going to take place in Kuching, I quickly made some inquiries and manage to get the whole KCH Spotting gang to join in the event.

IMG_7515.jpg

Notty! Notty!

The event started with the arrival of the Deputy Chief Minister, Datuk Patinggi Tan Sri George Chan’s arrival, followed by a welcoming speech by the MD/CEO of MH, YM Tengku Dato’ Azmil.

This was then followed by a speech made by our Deputy CM and the official launch of the uniform.

IMG_7569.jpg

DCM.

Prior to this, ground staff as well as handlers wore MAS’ uniform, but now, as all staff are now transferred to MASwings, they will also be wearing the new uniform to establish its name as a household brand in Sabah and Sarawak.

Here are the pictures taken at the launch, thanks to Wilber of course. I’m pretty sure Nizam had taken some good pictures as well and I do hope you will give your comments on the event and also regarding the uniform.

IMG_7573.jpg

Old Uniform.

IMG_7574.jpg

Baggage Handlers Jumpsuit.

IMG_7576.jpg

They will all look like this in June.

IMG_7582.jpg

IMG_7583.jpg

These familiar look will give way to....

IMG_7584.jpg

IMG_7588.jpg

THIS!

IMG_7590.jpg

Female Ground Staff will also strut around in their new look.

IMG_7592.jpg

Kebaya Cut top paired with very practical slacks.

IMG_7595.jpg

Let's all pose!

IMG_7598.jpg

Old Male FA uniform.

IMG_7599.jpg

New.

IMG_7601.jpg

The old Female FA Uniform.

IMG_7603.jpg

The new Female FA only spots a new trimming around the sleeves and a more rounded lapel/collar.

IMG_7606.jpg

The ALL NEW LOOK!

IMG_7630.jpg

Presentation of memento.

IMG_7673.jpg

The gang!

IMG_7676.jpg

The other gang members.

IMG_7677.jpg

Yet another!

IMG_7710.jpg

The late comers!

IMG_7714.jpg

IMG_7717.jpg

Looking all innocent!

That's all from me for now...enjoy!

To the gang, hoped that you all had fun today...

That's all...

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

kenneth, thanks for the coverage... can't wait for the picurtes from II. :D

Nizam, steady... hahaha...

Nice change. Thanks for the coverage :good:

Sorry bro.. i was one of the MAKAN saja crew.. so no photo from me kay.. :p

Sorry bro.. i was one of the MAKAN saja crew.. so no photo from me kay.. :p

I was surprised with the amount of food they served! I thought it was just sandwiches and stuff...boy did MASwings rolled out a whole banquet! I hoped you guys had a great time there....the food was nice, too bad I didn't eat much...I think I went for the buffet once only, or twice the most...

So? When is our next mamak session? This time you people "chia" ok?

the male FA uniform looks Ak's alike...

100 percent true. I did not wanrt to be the one to say it first but for the boys they just copied AK. There will be confusion with AK crew from the general public.Why have a look alike?Dont they want to have their own identity?Beats me.

Edited by jadivindra

IMG_7704.jpg

Wow Kenneth, what a naughty look she has... :pardon:

KCH gang: thanks a lot for sharing these pictures of MASwings new outfit: looks nice ! :good:

Hopefully, we'll meet KCH gang soon...