MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Denny Yen

Asian Aerospace Expo 2006

LeeCH,

Model planes ah? how much per piece? what scale? SIA models only I presume? any silk or tiger? smile.gif hahaha sorry to bombard you with questions, bro smile.gif

Will catch up with you on the 23rd smile.gif take it easy man!

Folks,

Some added incentive for those 'darksiders' and 'bright siders' to attend the event?

An Airbus A380 test aircraft, decked in full SIA colours, will grace the skies of Singapore between 21-26 February. The aircraft will be participating in Asian Aerospace 2006, the region’s premier air show.

The A380, the world’s largest commercial airliner, will be on static display throughout the duration of the air show at the Singapore Changi Exhibition Centre. In addition, Singaporeans and visitors to the air show will be able to catch the double-decker in flight as Airbus test pilots conduct daily flying demonstrations.

I may be doing volounteer work for my pilot union to sell model planes (my next passion) during the event in order to raise funds for some children and cancer charity home. At present moment my roster says OK!

LeeCH

Let me know if you're selling, we'll go and buy some :-) Right now, I should be there for all Trade days hopefully, Public days are a madhouse unfortunately.

Hi Guys,

I heard this AA 2006 is gonna be the last one in Singapore due to contract negotiation problem. Future event will be held in Hong Kong...

can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Ben-G

When Dubai made ther airshow..the A380 in their color came, the Singaporean make airshow, A380 in SIA color come...........why don't A380 come to LIMA05 with MAS full color..........but I am glad they stop at KUL on their tour, much aprreciated :)

More attraction boys,

One lucky visitor will now stand to win a A380 in full SIA colors (without rego of course) in 1:100 from a lucky draw contest. There will also be 38 other consolation prizes which is the same model but in 1:400 scale. Come come.....

Chinaman rite? Must be 38 (refer to my post on Flight Logbook on the 3 and 8 numbers). Believe it or not, but Airbus named the plane A380 because SIA wants it so.

Yes, last time this display will be held under the name of Asian Aerospace in Singapore. I triple confirm. Next Asian Aerospace will be in Hong Kong. However, there will still be a Singapore Airshow display in two years time. News is that all slots have been sold out too. Just a change of event organisers. Trust Singapore to have the cannot lose attitude, thats why SQ remains the most profitable at all times.

OK Guys,

its February already lets do a man count on MW memeber going down for the event:

1. Benjamin ho (me la) a.k.a. Ben-G

I will be staying in Traders hotel for the duration... the only one I found without surchange...

Ben-G

The hotel closest to the airshow site is the Changi Village Hotel. It is actually within walking distance.

For transport arrangements, please go to http:www.asianaerospace.com

KC Sim

Traders Hotel is owned by the Shangri-La group right? They have a hotel here as well...really really nice...best nasi lemak ive ever tasted outside of Malaysia...

Too bad Mayfair Hotel (Managed by Holiday Villa) changed its management.... :(

This is the booking details of my stay:

Room rate at SGD160.00 per night

-No. of Rooms: 1

-No. of Adults: 2

-No. of Children: 0

-Room Type: Superior King

-Rate Selected: Weekend Package

-Buffet Breakfast for two OR top-up S$10 per person for Weekend Brunch

-Child breakfast or Weekend Brunch at S$10 per childS$20

-Dining Voucher valid for one month with min.spend of S$100 in a single receipt

-Valid for Fridays,Saturdays and eve of public holidays

-Subject to 16% tax and service charge

Ben-G

This is the booking details of my stay:

Room rate at SGD160.00 per night

-No. of Rooms: 1

-No. of Adults: 2

-No. of Children: 0

-Room Type: Superior King

-Rate Selected: Weekend Package

-Buffet Breakfast for two OR top-up S$10 per person for Weekend Brunch

-Child breakfast or Weekend Brunch at S$10 per childS$20

-Dining Voucher valid for one month with min.spend of S$100 in a single receipt

-Valid for Fridays,Saturdays and eve of public holidays

-Subject to 16% tax and service charge

Ben-G

S$160 is quite a good deal for Trader's.

And Imran, yes Trader's is part of the Shangri-la Hotel chain.

ur in luck Gavin,

That is the exact stop which the shuttle bus is picking up visitor to AA2006 venue, if they did not change the arrangeement from previous event. SMS me if you are there..

Tsentsan, are we still doing a meetup session?

Ben-G

Havent checked the site out for awhile.. sorry guys... laptop harddrive broke... lots of coursework gone... imran knows about it.. oh well.. back to the drawing boards with my work :( :(

but anyways, from what i've been able to gather from the last couple posts,

Confirmed

1, F/O LeeCH

2, Gavin

3, Benjamin Ho

4, Liam Gibb

5, TsenTsan

6, Sandeep

7, Ken Kour

Maybe

1, Tze Shan?

maybe we should list our contact details aswell so we can sms or call closer to the time.. anyways, fill this up as we go along.. easier to see who will be there then..

Edited by Gavin Andrew David

Sign in to follow this