MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
C.Foo

Penang 2010 Start the New Decade

Thanks guys !

Chaity , that TG was my one and only shot. When i just arrive , i heard engine sound and quickly took camera out and shoot.

Uncle Pieter, I did not realize there is prop-vortices when shooting the bird until i reviewed the pic. Btw , did u get any shot of her twin-sis?

hey hon kit, I'm going penang next week too for some food hunting, not sure whether will I be going spotting. Anyway, mind sharing some info on spotting in penang ?

Uncle Pieter, I did not realize there is prop-vortices when shooting the bird until i reviewed the pic. Btw , did u get any shot of her twin-sis?

Actually I did; however, it was taken into the sun and from a taxying A320 on a bumpy Tan Son Nhat taxi-track, so quality is very bad...(however, this way I could tell you the registration # by taking a good look at my picture). :pardon:

The PEN spotting thread has been very quiet. Thanks for sharing Hon Kit - the Thai livery looks great even on a small old B734. :clapping:

Stopped by at Jalan Permatang Damar Laut last Saturday, hoping to catch some specials coming to PEN for Penang Governor's Birthday. Less than 5 minutes of waiting,this Aussie GAF Nomad showed up on short final for Runway 04 :yahoo:

VHATO_PEN_100710.jpg

This a/c usually spends most of its time in Sarawak...i wonder why is it here in Penang. It is registered to a new owner in March 2010, Bayswater Road Pty Ltd. Previously it was with Airlines of Tasmania.

VHATOa_PEN_100710.jpg

Two Malaysian Army A109 LUH arrived at the GA apron moments later !! :yahoo:

PUTD2.jpg

The front heli (M81-06) brought this Datuk and the other one (M81-11) brought a high ranking army officer. Rumored that they flown in from Baling,Kedah...

PUTD1.jpg

Thanks for viewing :drinks:

Edited by MIR

Liew, very nice shots, especially the C130 with vortices. I don't have the chance to see its twin sister in SGN but only herself and a Marines C130H in May 2010 :rolleyes:

nmt2775.jpg

Really appreciate sharing this fine picture, Uncle Vu Loc, as this is exactly the same Herky-Bird we saw after arriving SGN (from SIN) on 17jun2010; this picture way better than the one I took from the TR 320 (on a bumpy taxy-track @ SGN) ;)

Guess, 35 years ago, they were a regular sight at Tan Son Nhat (or was it Bien Hoa ?)... :pardon:

those RU Herky Birds are quite active in S-E Asia last 2 weeks (or are they based there somewhere ?)...

VR-55 Minutemen (RU Herky Birds) are on a 5 month deployment to NAF Atsugi,Japan since May 2010 supporting the United States Pacific Command(PACOM). Those RU C-130s were active around S-E Asia in June because of the Southeast Asia Cooperation Against Terrorism (SEACAT Exercise) and the Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT Exercise).

Edited by MIR

My relative informed me that a dark blue, Greece registered (SX-***)chopper landed at the corner of Padang Esplanade around 1700 yesterday. It took to the skies again after the pilot had a quick meal at the famous Mee Sotong Hameed Pata.

Was passing by airport after doing some company's stuff with the camera, then saw this AHK doing numerous touch and go's.

Went to sand mount place, inaccessible due to high trees and heavy bushes. Went to moo-moo place, can't go in as they built fences around the area. Frustrated, went to Jalan Pmtg Damar Laut roadside.

20100920AHKB-LDC.jpg

B-LDC

Managed to snap 5 photos before the camera's batt conked out <_>

And couldn't do much touch up as my pc (with CS2 inside) is under warranty claim and office pc only have Irfanview.

I missed spotting at PEN...

edited: ewww... why is the pic so ugly one....?

Edited by Yusoff

Thanks Yusoff,

kekekeke, no integrated airstairs, forcing the crew to use this... :p

Although I've flown plenty of AB F100's, not on this one, unfortunately... :(

Thanks Yusoff,

kekekeke, no integrated airstairs, forcing the crew to use this... :p

Although I've flown plenty of AB F100's, not on this one, unfortunately... :(

ehehee... just like the ladder we use to get to our roof :D

Today at the GA, with no sun. Staying overnight?

N835MCAeroTree.jpg

Good shots, Yusoff :good: VH-XWM arrived Brisbane yesterday afternoon and i believe the Learjet is involved with RMAF's Exercise Angsa till mid next week.

Guess who's in town this morning.... :) A first for me...

P1050088-2.jpg

RAAF C-17A Globemaster III

P1050091-2.jpg

Reverse-thrusters pushback. I guess there's no suitable crab-coupler-thingy at PEN.. :p

P1050100-2.jpg

P1050104-2.jpg

Departed at 8.30 this morning. Destination, unknown :unknw:

P1050106-2.jpg

This morning, I saw a rotating AK, orange in color, with proton logo... couldn't see the rego. is it a new one??? :huh:

Nice shots of the RAAF's 'Stallion' :clapping: You're very lucky to have witnessed the C-17 gostan by itself. The C-17 probably arrived from Darwin earlier or repositioned from BWH.

Thanks guys. Just happened to be there this morning.

Wilson, u tak mau balik... :p

At Gen Apron je... almost all the great spots are inaccessible now... Bus Stop - cabins, Moo-moo - the scrapyard expanded and blocked the entire area.. :(

And BTW, GA too is now partially blocked as airport expansion/reno is in progress...

This morning (as always, no sun :angry: ), at GA.

Obstacles!!! This is the best I could get.

NZ7571

P1050115-800.jpg

It just arrived I think, as the army personnels are pouring out from PEN arrival hall.

Busy, busy...

P1050118-800.jpg

Edited by Yusoff

Kesian [pity] la this thread. used to be a lot of activity. nowadays, thanks to bulis and lack of spotting places. plus Bob is also happily gone snapping away in Munchen... hmm...

Kesian [pity] la this thread. used to be a lot of activity. nowadays, thanks to bulis and lack of spotting places. plus Bob is also happily gone snapping away in Munchen... hmm...

Hey Yusoff! Wah... all the WMKP spotting locations have been 'conquered' by bulis? :angry:

Anyway I just returned to SIN permanently. Hope to get a chance to fly over to PEN for some food and spotting soon!

Heard from my PEN contacts that a CX 777-300ER went AOG at PEN recently?

Thanks guys. Just happened to be there this morning.

Wilson, u tak mau balik... tongue.gif

At Gen Apron je... almost all the great spots are inaccessible now... Bus Stop - cabins, Moo-moo - the scrapyard expanded and blocked the entire area.. sad.gif

And BTW, GA too is now partially blocked as airport expansion/reno is in progress...

This morning (as always, no sun mad.gif ), at GA.

Obstacles!!! This is the best I could get.

NZ7571

It just arrived I think, as the army personnels are pouring out from PEN arrival hall.

Busy, busy...

what time did it arrive ? I was there early this morning for taking the CX flight...didn't see anything...yes the GA is now blocked due to some expansion of the airport