MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sri Ramani K.

RM50m jet engine stolen from RMAF base

Don't think the 2 engines can be recovered. Jabba the Hutt's nephew tells me they are used on podracers on Tatooine right now.

No, they're keeping it, store it, somewhere inside Kuantan AFB, and of course the engine intact...i've been there...and i know where...

Some of the aircrafts donated to educational institution like USM, UTM, and some others...

U can see the fleet on Google earth....amidst the trees within the KUA base. We dont need underground bunkers, just store them between trees. The camouflage will do the rest.

U can see the fleet on Google earth....amidst the trees within the KUA base. We dont need underground bunkers, just store them between trees. The camouflage will do the rest.

How many can see? I thot I had a couple in the shoeboxes under my staircase. :lol:

Cannot see full with Google Earth..some of them fully covered with trees...

When i was there, i count it 30++, the others now resting in UTM, USM, MIAT, Butterworth AFB, etc..

Really sad to see multi million ringgit aircrafts in that condition. just like you see aircraft grave yard at A.net., but in the jungle..

Edited by Mohd Idham

Hey, if it was Iranian, people who brought this up to media is so stupid.

What action will be taken by UN aka United States to us?

He/she think this case will bring Najib down, but in fact he/she will bring down the whole Malaysian Nation. ohh God.....

Cannot see full with Google Earth..some of them fully covered with trees...

When i was there, i count it 30++, the others now resting in UTM, USM, MIAT, Butterworth AFB, etc..

Really sad to see multi million ringgit aircrafts in that condition. just like you see aircraft grave yard at A.net., but in the jungle..

I think you have counted them all. Only some 40+ A4-PTMs (Peculiar To Malaysia) made it to M'sia from the desert.

You have 30++, dont forget to add the others that just drop out of the sky over the years...and you will have the 40++.

Yup...

So, the rumors started at website linked by Naim is not true..

We have the concrete evidence and witness to deny the statment..

Edited by Mohd Idham

No need for any hanky-panky at the end of life of the Skyhawks. They were controversial enough during the purchase time.

Even some secondary students at that time can see that it was a bad decision. But the commission must be very good then.

The blog refers to the remaining 45 Skyhawks left in the desert (not the 40 that operated in Malaysia). The missing fleet of Skyhawks that the author is refering to the Skyhawks are those that were paid for, kept in the desert but not officially on RMAF books.

I think you have counted them all. Only some 40+ A4-PTMs (Peculiar To Malaysia) made it to M'sia from the desert.

You have 30++, dont forget to add the others that just drop out of the sky over the years...and you will have the 40++.

http://rights2write.wordpress.com/2009/12/21/hello-chief-where-are-the-skyhawks/

According to the website; the ‘missing’ RMAF A-4 Skyhawk were those left in storage in California.

:drinks:

I remember reading in AirForces Monthly Magazine a long time ago about a possible deal of selling all the remaining A4s to Argentina for parts,as they still operate a version of A4 as 'FightingHawks'.Whether the deal got thru or not,I do not know...

places ive seen the skyhawks..

MIAT

UPM

Subang AB

Butterworth AB

ugly planes anyway.. :p

Here are the photos of the stored Skyhawks at Kuantan AFB:

Photo 1

Photo 2

RMAF Skyhawks in my database:

1. M32-31- Kuala Kangsar, Perak

2. M32-29 - RMAF Museum, Simpang Airport

3. M32-30 - RMAF Museum, Simpang Airport

4. M32-15 - Universiti Teknologi Malaysia

5. M32-02 - Universiti Teknologi Malaysia

5. M32-11 - Universiti Putra Malaysia (Wreckage)

6. M32-** - Universiti Putra Malaysia

7. M32-18 - Army Museum, Port Dickson, Negeri Sembilan

8. M32-34 - Butterworth AFB, Pulau Pinang

9. M32-26 - Malaysian Institute of Aviation Technology (MIAT), Dengkil, Selangor

10. M32-27 - Shah Alam, Selangor

11. M32-** - Alor Setar AFB, Kedah

Are the engines in Latin America or Iran?

THE CORRIDORS OF POWER

Tuesday, 05 January 2010 Super Admin

First it was Argentina. Now it is Uruguay. What if they were not really stolen as alleged? What if they were actually sold with the full knowledge of the then Minister of Defense? And what if they are now in Iran as what was originally planned? Would this not make the US very unhappy? And would Malaysia then not have to pretend that they were stolen and not sold with the government’s knowledge and blessing?

http://malaysia-today.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29395:are-the-engines-in-latin-america-or-iran&catid=22:the-corridors-of-power&Itemid=100085

today's papers mentioned that the police will charge a lowly rank air force sergeant and a company director for "stealing n selling off" the 2 engines! How can it be that a RMAF sergeant can even do that - it is so obvioucs that there perceivably be a big cover-up - as a rm50 million engine can so easily be disposed off??? It leaves more questions open with this.

all the talk abt really investigating and "getting to bottom" of this thefts come up to a big Zero when only a indian sergeant will be charged for this 2 thefts. Then if a sergeant can do this all by himself then the whole RMAF with its thousands of SGT and NCOs will be able to cart away most of RMAF's fleet of fixed and rotary wing engines.

(Sarcastic mode ON)

It is true only the low-ranking personnel were involved in stealing the engines. They are probably the ones who load the engines into trucks. The high ranking guys can't be involved, as they never touch the engines. How can they steal engines when all they do are paperworks?

It is all in the definition.

(Sarcastic mode OFF)

Sometimes, we can fooled many people all at the same time,

But we cannot fooled many people most of the time…

(Sarcastic mode ON)

It is true only the low-ranking personnel were involved in stealing the engines. They are probably the ones who load the engines into trucks. The high ranking guys can't be involved, as they never touch the engines. How can they steal engines when all they do are paperworks?

It is all in the definition.

(Sarcastic mode OFF)

Yeah! Sure looks like all the high ranking people don't do much work, do they?

Conclusion: this country is being run by low ranking people and foreigners!

Let's not talk about it.There are other positive things to do in MalaysianWings.

Sweep things under the carpet? And think that all the taxes paid as donation? Hmmm....

Zahid: Stolen jet engine sold to foreign company

UPDATED

BAGAN DATOH, Dec 19 – The Royal Malaysia Air Force (RMAF) F-5E fighter jet engine missing since 2007 was sold to an international company based in South America, said Defence Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

Earlier, Zahid said the loss was detected in 2007, and internal investigations were undertaken by Mindef while police also probed the matter.

The investigations revealed RMAF’s logistics system was foolproof. However, the shady activity might have been carried out staff in the lower rungs in cahoots with outsiders,” he told reporters after launching the Penang and south Kedah territorial army company, here today.

More from;

http://my-1.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/malaysia/47049?task=view

:rofl:

To Venezuela ? :huh:

They also operate F5's...and are befriended with the Iranians, see also below:

Venezuela threat to sell F-16 fleet to Iran

In 2006, the Iranian media have published series of reports that suggested Venezuela was interested in selling its 21 F-16 Fighting Falcon fleet to Iran. The rumors were confirmed, when a Hugo Chavez advisor told the Associated Press that "Venezuela's military is considering selling its fleet of U.S.-made F-16 fighter jets to another country, possibly Iran, in response to a U.S. ban on arms sales to President Hugo Chavez's government". In response, Sean McCormack, the U.S. State Department spokesman, warned Venezuela and suggested: "Without the written consent of the United States, Venezuela can't transfer these defense articles, and in this case F-16s, to a third country".

So, a routing Malaysia -> Venezuela -> Iran wouldn't surprise me a bit... :nea: