MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

ZRH pics

Ahh. I see, Fabian's pic. Yes, I was with him that day. He's one of the ZRH gurus. You should check out his other pics. Later that day he got one of the best shots ever - a Swiss A340 landing with the Alps in the background! He has very few side-on shots because he prefers the more challenging shots.

I did not send mine... well not yet. Have a few in the queue and it takes 10 days....

Whoaaa... nice nice nice shots Azman.. good spotting there... just love it!!! Keep up the good shots.. :)

Hmm... bored... waiting and waiting for updates on that AirAsia trip report from the 2 taikos... coming so slowly... these two are teasing us... nevermind. What else can I do but process some pics from my old collection! (need to post-process because of the hazy sky... would have been a good day otherwise as the mountains were quite clear...)

MRJ... please don't have another tailstrike... ok.. . phew, made it! :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hmm... those mountains looking quite clear... I think I better change positions!

Nailed this one. 300mm not enough. Who can lend me a Bazooka?

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Swiss 332 and Thai 346 Simultaneous takeoff from runway 16 and 32! wow...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Azman, I got one word for you. BREATHTAKING!!

And for once SQ 744 is clean. Superb set of pictures. Thanks. Birds around the trees in Singapore says that the Triple Sevens are going Zurich when we get B773ER. We shall see....

:lol: Azman.... those images caused injury to my jaw...

heheheh.. it dropped onto the keyboard... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very stunning pictures...

I hope Pak Lah will dish out more projects

then company can make more money for me to fly off to Zurich

and spot, spot, spot....

I like the "stare" position of the SQ SevenFour..

Simultaenous Take off from 32 AND 16

Woowww... Can get nose and butt shots laa...

Where elese you can get this kind of shots from on single spot location??? :o :blink: :D

Thanks Azman... C u in KUL :D

Azman,

Hope you don't mind I tumpang your thread

to post ZRH's airport map

to help members not familiar with the layout.. ;)

Esp when you mentioned about 32/16 simultaenous departures

IPB Image

opposite ends.. quite interesting..So azman u had to face one side than the other ha..??

Simultaneous parrallel runway operations in SIN, LAX and SFO are nothing new. Now in opposite direction and not so parallel. This is something new to me. Kind of reinforces the pilot instinct within me to tightly keep the runway centreline at all cost on departure, especially in IMC conditions and coupled with a engine failure after V1.

Simultaneous parrallel runway operations in SIN, LAX and SFO are nothing new. Now in opposite direction and not so parallel. This is something new to me. Kind of reinforces the pilot instinct within me to tightly keep the runway centreline at all cost on departure, especially in IMC conditions and coupled with a engine failure after V1.

So does KUL's. They did carry out independent operations of 32L/32R few months ago :D

But ZRH's in opposite directions is a WOWW for me, eventho' diverging,

but as you mentioned, LeeCH,

in case of engine failure after V1... hmmm standing on the rudder pedal my fren :p

IPB Image

Thanks Norman for the map - first few pics, I was standing at the beginning of runway 16, position "A".

The Alps are south of Zurich. So when I saw that the mountains are visible, I moved to the top left corner of the map, position B. You can see the road on the map here. There is a big car park, an ice cream stand, a burger joint, roasted chestnet stall, etc. .. and on weekends, hundreds of people are there watching the planes land.

If you are on the obs deck, then it is the part I marked on the terminal. Now the best place in Zurich is at the runway 28 and 16 crossing. That red spot is exactly where you will be standing to take those pics that Pieter and I took during the A.Net meet. If you come to ZRH, especially on the weekends, you can do a bus tour of the airport that will let you out there for 10 minutes. The tour costs Fr.8 (RM24) if I am not mistaken.

Spot C is the famous Heligril where you get some cool rotating shots.

Spot D is where I took TK... his pics in the snow... also my SA shot in airliners net is taken from there.

Yeah I was surprised when the tower said "Swiss 52 wind calm cleared for takeoff rnwy 32" and then immediately after Swiss 52 confirmed, the tower said "Thai 971, wind calm cleared for takeoff runway 16". Arghh... didn't have wide angle to capture both planes... so one by one lah...

I once posted a shot with one AA holding at runway 16 and another one landing on runway 14 - that's the normal operation. So this simultaneous in opposite direction is something different!

yeah Azman.... i enjoy your pictures here rather than those two boring guys who keep posting those Ak photos at flight log :D

IPB Image

Thanks Norman for the map - first few pics, I was standing at the beginning of runway 16, position "A".

The Alps are south of Zurich. So when I saw that the mountains are visible, I moved to the top left corner of the map, position B. You can see the road on the map here. There is a big car park, an ice cream stand, a burger joint, roasted chestnet stall, etc. .. and on weekends, hundreds of people are there watching the planes land.

If you are on the obs deck, then it is the part I marked on the terminal. Now the best place in Zurich is at the runway 28 and 16 crossing. That red spot is exactly where you will be standing to take those pics that Pieter and I took during the A.Net meet. If you come to ZRH, especially on the weekends, you can do a bus tour of the airport that will let you out there for 10 minutes. The tour costs Fr.8 (RM24) if I am not mistaken.

Spot C is the famous Heligril where you get some cool rotating shots.

Spot D is where I took TK... his pics in the snow... also my SA shot in airliners net is taken from there.

Yeah I was surprised when the tower said "Swiss 52 wind calm cleared for takeoff rnwy 32" and then immediately after Swiss 52 confirmed, the tower said "Thai 971, wind calm cleared for takeoff runway 16". Arghh... didn't have wide angle to capture both planes... so one by one lah...

I once posted a shot with one AA holding at runway 16 and another one landing on runway 14 - that's the normal operation. So this simultaneous in opposite direction is something different!

Wish the 737 do ZRH flight.....

Min Chun,

Our workhorses have gone all the way to Poland, Spain, and even the UK... :lol:

wei Imran,

I posted another 3 EKs for you... tarrak comment ka? (Pieter: don't I get any thanks??)

OMG! :o :o

So Sorry bro! Was busy resizing the Dubai photos (which u must see!)...didnt notice the EK shots...Also...was crying for a while after LeeCH shooed away my precious... :lol: :lol:

Great photos! Keep 'em coming boss!! Eh...how much ah for a print of the A340?

734 of MH from KUL to ZRH??? :lol:

Captain Radzi, why not apply for MH777 Captain?

No vacancy lah. I'll apply at the earliest possible moment when there is a chance.

No vacancy lah. I'll apply at the earliest possible moment when there is a chance.

Apply for 744, lah....you can visit AMS, LHR and LAX amongst others ;)

Sign in to follow this