MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azman MN

ZRH pics

Thanks guys!

Strange "new photographers list"... I was on that list in mid-December, then disappeared, and then appeared again this week blink.gif

Anyway, it was quite strange to get some of the first ones in. I uploaded the UA and SA, the UA was accepted immediately, but the SA got rejected for bad distance/center/quality.

So I tried again with closer cropping, although I thought the whole point of the pic was the snowy background, and it still got rejected. Then I played with levels, adjusted colour, etc... finally on the fifth try it made it, and went straight to the day's top-25!

I have a few more in the queue.. Thai 346, and EK343 with mountain background... maybe a couple of them will make it there by today. Lets see...

Thanks!

Hi Ignatius, I have seen some of your photos and they are close to A.Net quality. Just that you need to do some close cropping and other stuff. Come over to KL-lah, let our sifus here to show you some technique.

Azman, you really persistent to upload the same photo 5th time.

I will not bother to touch up if A.Net rejected my photos unless except some bad info or category issues. huh.gif

Hi Ignatius, I have seen some of your photos and they are close to A.Net quality. Just that you need to do some close cropping and other stuff. Come over to KL-lah, let our sifus here to show you some technique.

I will not bother to touch up if A.Net rejected my photos unless except some bad info or category issues.  huh.gif

25346[/snapback]

I have to agree, Ignatius' photos are very good and should make it to A.net.

Well, I was only persistent with the South African shot because I believed that it is a very good photo compared to what is on the database, but at the same time, I also think that their insistence that I crop out much of the background has negatively impacted the photo somewhat - it doesn't quite give the same feel with much of the snowy background cropped out. Not only that, it is also quite unique because the SA always arrives in the dark in winter and I managed to get a daylight pic with snow in the background because the flight was delayed. I donno, maybe I just wanted to really test them to see what kind of photos they will accept, and in the end, I think they accepted the version which I personally feel is not as nice as the original.

Apart from the SA shot, I will only try to re-upload once and then give up.

Congratulations Azman.

6 pictures in A.net. 44 more to go o hit that magical 50, to be listed in the photographers list. Don't worry, you'll get there in no time.

I will not bother to touch up if A.Net rejected my photos unless except some bad info or category issues.  :huh:

25346[/snapback]

Very persistent there.. biggrin.gif 5 times.. blink.gif Good... never give up

Not like me... rejected in A.net... fine, send to JP (after some touching up again)

Got rejected by JP... then the image is really not to standard...

Anyway... now I learned to accept it, & as long as I've the images the way

I shot it and want it... I'm happy already having them in my own database biggrin.gif

I'm happy already having them in my own database biggrin.gif

[

Reason for me, not to even bother with A.net, JPnet and the like smile.gif

Hehe, thanks for the advice guys... A.net or Jp.net.. it doesnt really bother me,.. most important you guys here get to enjoy it smile.gif, but of course having my name in the list is something I am going to be proud of lah hehe smile.gif

Will join you guys in February 6-7... if I get the greenie lights from my gf hehe... as long as no Ah moi shots in it haha laugh.gif

Congrat Azman... Good Move As A Spotter. Hope To See More Pic From you...

The haze cleared up this week so back to some action:

Global with local presence...

IPB Image

Arab invasion:

IPB Image

IPB Image

rnwy34 departure (unusual in ZRH)

IPB Image

IPB Image

Canadian invasion

IPB Image

IPB Image

Local stuff:

Edelweiss A330

IPB Image

and company 320

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thai food getting very popular in Zurich these days.... spot the difference!

IPB Image

another runway34 departure...

IPB Image

Americans dominate just before noon:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and finally, something for Pieter!

IPB Image

cool stuff man.... :)

Nice weather there in ZRH, i had white snow in VIE 5 days ago!!

I miss ZRH...better ask for the "Milo" run again!! :)

got some more ka..??

Fantastic shots Azman..Love the shots of the A330 swiss taking off..The jetwash and the snow being kicked up by the engines is amazing..Thanks man..

and finally, something for Pieter!

IPB Image

Fabulous crystal clear shots, Azman: you make me "homesick" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys, which colourscheme do you prefer ? MH or KL ? Tell me honoustly !! :o :)

I think KL's livery is more attractive....provided they keep the a/c clean ;)

Azman.

I salute you bro...i dont even have to ask for EK...and u tembak 3 straight...salute salute. :D :D :D

Btw...both TG 345 and TG 346 went to ZRH eh...we got the 346 yesterday...tempted to spot...but...you know la... :unsure: <_>

That's it from Zurich for now. Weather forecast not so good for next few days, then I am travelling for 2 weeks.

Glad you guys enjoy the pics!

I jsut save the MH772 turining one from A.net.:p

I didnt realise that and i became so familiar with the pci..then noly i noe the pic accepted by A.net...Good STUFF!

"Homesick" ?

Min Chun,

There are a few MH777 turning onto rnwy16 pics on A.net. None of them is mine :(

Imran,

yeap, 2 Thais came in on the same day. One regular A346, and the other is a 345 rerouted from Milan because apparently the catering there was on strike. So they had to pick up food from ZRH.

"Homesick" ?

Being a regular at ZRH lately, I really miss these colourful birds (not to be seen at AMS) !!!

(Next visit to ZRH 29jul06 ;) )

KL, with darker color on top. MH got white top and grey bottom, with sun high up the sky the whites will easily be over exposed, while the bottom part looks murky.

Sign in to follow this