MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Andi C

Helicopter Carrying Muhyiddin Makes Emergency Landing In Tuaran

PKR reports DPM for alleged abuse of government property

By Syed Jaymal Zahiid

PENANG, Aug 17 — PKR Youth leaders today lodged a complaint against the deputy prime minister with the anti-graft body MACC for alleged abuse of government property for his personal use.

Bernama reported yesterday that Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had flown on a military helicopter to attend the Penampang Umno division meeting in Sabah after he was done opening another division party meeting in Kudat.

He was however forced to land in Tuaran due to bad weather, the news agency reported.

Pantai Jerjak PKR assemblyman Sim Tze Tzin, the person who lodged the complaint, said the news report had clearly shown Muhyiddin abusing government property for a non-governmental purpose which is tantamount to corruption.

"There was a similar case involving a top cop in Sabah where he was investigated and charged with corruption for using a police helicopter to visit his private property," Sim told The Malaysian Insider.

Based on this, he said it was imperative that the MACC launch an investigation into the report.

Sim lodged the report at the MACC headquarters here with three other PKR Youth leaders.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/malaysia/35377-pkr-reports-dpm-for-alleged-abuse-of-government-property

• Like 1

PKR reports DPM for alleged abuse of government property

By Syed Jaymal Zahiid

PENANG, Aug 17 — PKR Youth leaders today lodged a complaint against the deputy prime minister with the anti-graft body MACC for alleged abuse of government property for his personal use.

Bernama reported yesterday that Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin had flown on a military helicopter to attend the Penampang Umno division meeting in Sabah after he was done opening another division party meeting in Kudat.

He was however forced to land in Tuaran due to bad weather, the news agency reported.

Pantai Jerjak PKR assemblyman Sim Tze Tzin, the person who lodged the complaint, said the news report had clearly shown Muhyiddin abusing government property for a non-governmental purpose which is tantamount to corruption.

"There was a similar case involving a top cop in Sabah where he was investigated and charged with corruption for using a police helicopter to visit his private property," Sim told The Malaysian Insider.

Based on this, he said it was imperative that the MACC launch an investigation into the report.

Sim lodged the report at the MACC headquarters here with three other PKR Youth leaders.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/index.php/malaysia/35377-pkr-reports-dpm-for-alleged-abuse-of-government-property

Why stop there, why not report to the MACC about the use of Government cars for personal use or the use of government telephones for personal use or even the use of government pen to write love letters! Sheesh, they really know how to make a small issue into a big issue. Politicians, go figure!

• Like 1

Not by pretenders who claim to be experts in a complicated, regulated and diverse field such as aviation by virtue of soaking knowledge from a computer screen, .....

:rolleyes:

Ok lah Captain, we can at least agree to disagree and move on, no ? :) :db:

Last time round the computer keyboard was unjustly maligned, let us not do upon the screen now :D

Edited by BC Tam

Why stop there, why not report to the MACC about the use of Government cars for personal use or the use of government telephones for personal use or even the use of government pen to write love letters! Sheesh, they really know how to make a small issue into a big issue. Politicians, go figure!

Can I conclude that the Nuri is the size of the real nuri bird and the fuel it guzzles for that purpose is about the price of half a packet of seeds.

Or maybe the pen used for love letters is the size of pokok balak [timber tree] and the ink used per letter is about 3 barrels of kerosene... ;) :D :D

Edited by Yusoff

Can I conclude that the Nuri is the size of the real nuri bird and the fuel it guzzles for that purpose is about the price of half a packet of seeds.

Or maybe the pen used for love letters is the size of pokok balak [timber tree] and the ink used per letter is about 3 barrels of kerosene... ;) :D :D

You're a riot, Yusoff :rofl: Good one :good:

BTW, I admit I am not quite up to speed with the NUris - I thought they have been replaced by those Eurocopter thingy, no? Pardon my ignorance as I have not been keeping up with the military side of aviation.

Edited by H Azmal

Thats a great one, Yusoff.

It's odd that some people still insists on going for ikan bilis when ikan paus is right in front of one's eyes, with some form of viable proof courtesy of UMNO's mainstream "newsletters".

Btw, was it really an "emergency" landing or were the papers stretching the truth to sensationalise things when it was really a precautionary/ unscheduled landing?

Muhyiddin: Corruption allegations don’t scare me

By Shazwan Mustafa Kamal

PUTRAJAYA, Aug 18 — Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin dismissed a corruption complaint filed by PKR over his use of a military helicopter to attend Umno meetings in Sabah.

The deputy Umno president did not, however, offer any explanation as to why he used a military helicopter to fulfill his party duties.

“It (the allegations) does not scare me at all. It is a blatant example of how short on ideas Pakatan (Rakyat) are that they have to start coming up with something like this,” he told reporters here today when asked to comment on PKR’s recent allegations of corruption against him.

Yesterday, PKR Youth leaders lodged a complaint against Muhyiddin with the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) over his alleged abuse of government property for personal use.

This was first highlighted by the news agency Bernama when the DPM flew on a military helicopter to attend the Penampang UMNO division meeting in Sabah after he officiated another division party meeting in Kudat.

PKR Pantai Jerjak assemblyman Sim Tze Min, who lodged the report, said that the news coverage had clearly shown that Muhyiddin was abusing government property for a non-governmental purpose, which was tantamount to corruption.

However, the No.2 leader in the government appeared unfazed by the accusation.

“These are views that they should just keep to themselves as they are purposely creating a lot of problems for people,” stated Muhyiddin.

from here

hello people.. lama tak datang sini.. wahh hangat sungguh topik yang suam suam kuku ini.. pendapat sepuluh sen saya.. people can say what they want, thats how they portrait their individualistic. Its a projection of who you really are..

bak kata pepatah " cakap siang pandang-pandang, cakap malam dengar-dengar" hehehe

cheers..

hello people.. lama tak datang sini..

Busy farming kot.

hello people.. lama tak datang sini.. wahh hangat sungguh topik yang suam suam kuku ini.. pendapat sepuluh sen saya.. people can say what they want, thats how they portrait their individualistic. Its a projection of who you really are..

bak kata pepatah " cakap siang pandang-pandang, cakap malam dengar-dengar" hehehe

cheers..

-say responsibly-like, drink responsibly-

hahaha alamak bocor rahsia..

Busy farming kot.

You la busy farming Capt...everyday jual harvest :p

- off topic :( -

Back to the topic, it seems like DPM is again using the Falcon to BKI. Wonder would it be a trend whereby he would travel to BKI using the Falcon instead of the BBJ or A319.

after some reading i think what happened was this...

1. from this gov letter Surat GOV a gov servant must choose MAS or A.A HOWEVER id the dest, or time is not as per required, He/She may use other Opt, billed to the treasury (Akauntan negara). Upon approval of your superior. In this case TPM requires? ...His own signature..prepared by the PA lah of course..He doesn't think of the mode of tspt, PA do, select then inform him, unless he wanted to change then its up to him..

2. At the same time RMAF/ police / gov agencies do have special clause to give air service or transportation to VIP/VVIP which must be approved by their organization. And can be claimed from the gov.

From all the above i would like to think the gov as a very complex organism.. nothing on the surface reflects whats going on. Well this is all my own opinion..adios

after some reading i think what happened was this...

1. from this gov letter Surat GOV a gov servant must choose MAS or A.A HOWEVER id the dest, or time is not as per required, He/She may use other Opt, billed to the treasury (Akauntan negara). Upon approval of your superior. In this case TPM requires? ...His own signature..prepared by the PA lah of course..He doesn't think of the mode of tspt, PA do, select then inform him, unless he wanted to change then its up to him..

2. At the same time RMAF/ police / gov agencies do have special clause to give air service or transportation to VIP/VVIP which must be approved by their organization. And can be claimed from the gov.

From all the above i would like to think the gov as a very complex organism.. nothing on the surface reflects whats going on. Well this is all my own opinion..adios

But only when it relates to official gomen biz, right? ...not some private party biz.

Although I don't like this racist Muhyiddin chap, I'm really glad he and the Nuri crews are safe. No one should ever wish for someone else to die or crash. These people have wive/husband and childrens whose livelihood and care depends on them. Life is very precious my friends.

But only when it relates to official gomen biz, right? ...not some private party biz.

Right, party biz doesn't mean gomen biz. Similarly, one doesn't like gomen does not mean he doesn't like the country. Sorry, OT a bit...

Time to put this issue to rest.

1. The helicopter made a precautionary forced landing due to weather. Good job by the pilots. Safety first. It is just a normal landing at an abnormal place, that's all.

2. Muhyiddin Yassin wears two hats. He is the Deputy Prime Minister, and also UMNO vice president.As a DPM he is entitled to use government machinery; as UMNO VP he is entitled to use UMNO properties. Who was he that day? If he went to Kudat for 10 hours, spend 9 at the UMNO function, and half an hour meeting the general people as the DPM, then it is justified for him to use government properties. But if it is for a purely UMNO or any political party function, it is a misuse of government properties.

The key here is to differentiate between government and political party, a line that has been blurred over the years.

Anyway, if the Army gives free medical check-up to the public, even during a by-election, it is NOT an abuse of government properties because the recipients are general public and everybody can receive the treatment.

If he went to Kudat for 10 hours, spend 9 at the UMNO function, and half an hour meeting the general people as the DPM, then it is justified for him to use government properties

Still cannot - another half hour unaccounted for, ponteng kah ? :p

Just watched "Marine One" on Nat Geo. Look like they're using similar heli to our Nuri to fly the US President.

Yep, the SH-3 Sea King. They're were going to replace it with the VH-71 Kestrel/AgustaWestland AW101 but President Obama cancelled it. Looks like he will have to make do with the SH-3 for a while.

Where can I find a catalog of choppers TUDM has used over the years? I wanna look up some model. I once saw a military chopper took a forced landing at a children playground in Nibong Tebal during bad weather many years ago. Bad weather; my umbrella curved upwards instead of its normal posture... :p

The key here is to differentiate between government and political party, a line that has been blurred over the years.

Severely blurred... Sometimes the media report it so affirmatively when it is clearly an exclusively party-related issue and I always wondered if it's "their" prerogative to step across the line...

Bro Fitri.. does the MARINE ONE flies formation every time they carry the Pres on board? I watched AF1 and they said it was for decoy..

:drinks: