MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

Could be a prelude attempt to coup Tiger Airways LOL. Brilliant idea to have a tigered AirAsia, just proved of how acclimatised and well responsive AK is to current affairs. The livery would valid until the next SEA Games in Naypyidaw.

Well AirAsia projects itself as an ASEAN airline, so incorporating elements of ASEAN countries in its identity is not unusual.

I could not help but think that TF is bringing some of his AirAsia "fun culture" to the MAS board meeting last night. They took a break to watch the Malaysian team win before resuming the meeting! :)

Could be a prelude attempt to coup Tiger Airways LOL. Brilliant idea to have a tigered AirAsia, just proved of how acclimatised and well responsive AK is to current affairs. The livery would valid until the next SEA Games in Naypyidaw.

So we can see Airasia in yellow/black stripe. Remembered us to last time color MSA (Malaysia Singapore Airlines)

Tony Fernandes

Off to airasia board results this evening happy . MAS results much better operating loss down to 136 million last quarter 400 million by 1st quarter next year quite a different airline confident.

Latest by TF, waiting for Airasia board results..

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

So we can see Airasia in yellow/black stripe. Remembered us to last time color MSA (Malaysia Singapore Airlines)

OH YES!!! Would love to see AirAsia in tiger stripes as mockery to Tiger Airways! And another one with Wau logo as mockery to MAS!

OH YES!!! Would love to see AirAsia in tiger stripes as mockery to Tiger Airways! And another one with Wau logo as mockery to MAS!

Tiger Airways or Malayan Airways?

New suggestion to shift Aviation n Public Transport under Tourism Ministry.

Tony Fernandes

RT @safiemohamed: @tonyfernandes @NajibRazak Guys, i think u need to shift Aviation n Public Transport from MOT to Tourism, then only they hv the rite KPI.

Huh?

I think that right now, the PM's Dept is the most powerful Ministry. It overrules all the other ministries. ;)

TF should have suggested shifting Aviation to the PM's Dept!

D7 CEO Azran Tweets:

Would like to share some of our data on checked-baggage trends based on millions of pax on our long-haul AirAsia X flights.

28% of pax don't check-in bags. They benefit from lower fares not bundled with baggage, and not subsidising others.

Most are travelling in groups (e.g., 2 pax travelling with 1 bag, 3-4 pax travelling with 2 bags), instead of solo pax w only carry-on.

It's cheaper to combine two pax' weight into a single bag (20/25kg), and makes it easier to handle the bag (rather than 2 bags).

Average weight of a check-in bag is 14kg. Therefore 15kg is an appropriate first tier, compared to airlines using 20kg.

Over 97% of pax with check-in bags pre-purchase their baggage allowance to benefit from big savings.

Our per kg excess baggage charges at the counter are benchmarked and lower than other airlines. But still, pre-purchase to save!

Average weight of a check-in bag is 14kg. Therefore 15kg is an appropriate first tier, compared to airlines using 20kg.

This is because many passengers weigh their luggage to fit into the 15kg limit before checking in the bag. If the first tier allowance is 20kg, will we see average weight rise to around 19kg?

Not me - I dun like heavy luggage for travelling. Big luggage allowances are only good for students and expats because they are virtually moving to their destinations. When I went to Europe this year, I packed 1 week's clothing and did laundry halfway thru my hols. ;)

Tony Fernandes

To all Malaysians. Airasia has made flying affordable for all. Before it was just for the rich. We won't allow Malaysian airports to keep wasting money and increase charges for you. We will fight. Our campaign starts tomorrow.

Looks like TF want to be the Hero for Malaysians. They will start fighting campaign againts MAHB.

LIKE!

TF really wanna fight againts MAHB. He already shared and post the petition link on his FB.

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

Latest Reply from Tony~

Malaysian airport staff tearing down our posters and taking away airport passes of our staff. And using intimidation. Can someone tell them this is Malaysia and not a police state.

Sorry to detract from the issue, but Tony your latest A330 livery of Now Everyone Can Fly to Malaysia is fugly as hell.

Returning to the issue at hand, Tony why not paint one of your aircraft in a smear campaign against MAHB? Use the aircraft body to voice your struggle to the world. I am guessing this plane will be banned from Malaysia, but AirAsia is big now good move on moving to Jakarta, hope you will get less bs from the Indons.

isnt that LCCT is MAHB property and putting up unrelated posters considered vandalism.. i wonder if he would just leave posters pasted in his aircraft..

Don't be surprised to see that aircraft soon!

Returning to the issue at hand, Tony why not paint one of your aircraft in a smear campaign against MAHB? Use the aircraft body to voice your struggle to the world. I am guessing this plane will be banned from Malaysia, but AirAsia is big now good move on moving to Jakarta, hope you will get less bs from the Indons.

This brought back memory to the 'Liberate Sydney' sticker pasted on one of the A333 (9M-XXG). I think D7 was instructed to take it off in the end.

62042_457228673544_639133544_5185193_5613767_a.jpg

This Tony-Bashir feud is getting silly. Both claiming to fight for the ppl? ... auwww, puhleeeze!

This Tony-Bashir feud is getting silly. Both claiming to fight for the ppl? ... auwww, puhleeeze!

:clapping:

And if I may quote from MAR's reply #140 here

Some customers felt turned off however, saying that it made AirAsia look undignified.

“This is just too petty,” said one customer who tried to book a flight today. “There has to be a better way to deal with it. It could have been done in a more dignified manner.”

The customer, who asked not to be identified, said the pop-up was not effective enough to make him write in to protest the tax hike.

Sorry to detract from the issue, but Tony your latest A330 livery of Now Everyone Can Fly to Malaysia is fugly as hell.

U mean this livery?

http://www.airliners.net/photo/AirAsia-X/Airbus-A330-343X/2024901/L/&sid=266ae6602d78dc58e131c166c6443151

I think TF will paint special livery dedicated to MAHB soon with motto "Now Everyone Can Fight to MAHB" :D

Edited by Ikman Ikreza

New route from BKK-KTM soon?

tonyfernandes: Soon from bangkok RT @chikz_w: @tonyfernandes when is Airasia going to fly to KTM,nepal?? We back-packers will surely love the route :)

Yes, I think that they have said before that BKK will now be the hub for all routes to the Indian subcontinent as flights from there will be shorter. This could also be due to the fact that more pax, especially back packers, travel via BKK than via KUL. It could also be due to the fact that LCCT has no more capacity.

Edited by flee