MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

When Airlines' CEOs Tweet on the Facebook Wall

More tweets for D7 CEO:

MAHB confirms this year LCCT at 17m pax, higher than design capacity of 15mil. Yet KLIA2 they delay to 2013.

MAHB acknowledges growth comes fr LCCs, and expects more growth in 2012. Yet current terminal is already overflowing. Pax quality suffers.

When we competed aggressively with MAS, many said 'why can't you be nice and work together with MAS instead'...

Now that we are collaborating MAS, these same people are critical of us working together...

... and these same people are critisizing us again, saying "why can't you be nice and work with MAHB"??

Critics will always be critics, just for the sake of condemning others, instead of working hard to create value...

So, stop asking us to 'bury the hatchet', when you don't really mean it.

whether we compete aggressively, or we are nice, either way we'll get criticized by the tin kosongs.

And from TF:

Airasia grew and gave people who never had a chance to fly a chance. MAB helped us by building a REAL low cost terminal built at 300 million ringitt. Initially MAB charged the same as main terminal 51 ringitt for a clearly worse facility. The prime minister after 3 months got MAB to reduce airport tax to 25. People could afford it and we grew. The new terminal is now costing 3.9 billion. And is 17 months delay.

Remember airasia had free seats and everyone wanted assigned seats. We said that would be a cost and we had to change systems. People have to remember if we give everything then we will have the same fares as MAS.

Edited by flee

Tony Fernandes

‎4th quarter coming to a close. Good results. Probably need to buy more planes. Also very optimistic on MAS. AJ, ceo doing a good job. This will be profitable airline.

Buy more planes for AirAsia?

Buy more planes for AirAsia?

He will have plenty of planes after retreating from STN, ORY and India... :rofl:

TF:

All airasia staff. As I said at party there will be a bonus this year. I will announce on our intranet on monday by video . well done for a fantastic year. Onwards and upwards. Take a bow. You are all awesome and amazing.

Reposting Uncle Tony's FB/Tweet which lost during our server's breakdown recently.

Tony Fernandes

Announcement for airasia done. Check on intranet and email next 2 hours.

And, a special thanks to our spy in the AK Gossip Division (you know who you are *wink*) who leaked the content of the email to us.

Dear Allstars,

Firstly, Happy New Year and hope you had a great start to 2012. Thank you all for the hard work in 2011, which turned out to be a pretty tough year.

In 2010, we achieved the targets we had set for ourselves. We made budget, and the company gave out two months bonus to thank all of your for your efforts.

We maintained our momentum in 2011, but external factors beyond our control ended up hurting our company. Although our revenue was down only by 7% compared to the year before, our net income dropped by 43%. That substantial fall in our profits was caused by rising costs, especially the cost of fuel.

Despite the rising operating costs and the fall in profits, I am delighted to announce that we will once again be handing out a good bonus for everyone.

We will be declaring a bonus pool of ONE and HALF MONTHS of salary.

Individual bonuses will be based on your 2011 performance (as appraised by your manager). Highest bonuses will go to those rated as “Outstanding” by their supervisors. We appreciate high performance, and we reward the performers accordingly. Those rated “Good” will get bonuses below “Outstanding”. Those rated “Must Improve” will get smaller bonuses.

Bonuses will be paid latest by 26 January 2012 to the whole group. Yes, the bonus is less by 25% compared to last year but I believe this is still a generous amount considering the current economic climate and the company's performance.

This year, 2012, will be an even tougher year given the global economic uncertainties. But I firmly believe that if we continue to focus and perform as Allstars, we should not encounter any problems. This year, my key theme will be to keep it simple but to ensure quality is always up. I am very excited about 2012 and the new companies we set up in the Philippines and Japan. There is a very good possibility that we will establish even more joint ventures this year.

Once again, I would like to thank everyone for all your hard work, your creativity, your passion and your dedication. We will not be where we are if not for you. I trust too you appreciate the company’s decision to give out a good bonus despite not making the budget and the substantial dip in profits. We are very proud that AirAsia has given out a bonus every year since re-launching as a low-cost carrier in 2002 -- even in the years when the company's profits fell and the years when we suffered losses. It is our way of demonstrating how much we value all of you.

Happy New Year and Gong Xi Fa Cai.

Love,

Tony

And the juiciest bit of this announcement is that, the 1.5 month bonus payout is only applicable to the staff of AK, FD and QZ ONLY. Yes, all D7 staff do NOT get any bonus LOL. 78 of them were found cursing on their FB walls yesterday.

This is Uncle Tony's video announcement of it.

[sorry it has to be deleted on request of some parties in AK. So if you happen to have accidentally watch it, consider yourself lucky.]

Regardless of how many months of bonus payout, Ramani kata dia still nak belanja kita semua. Yay!

Tony Fernandes

On the way to Doha, Qatar and then to Jeddah and Dubai. Some exciting things for airasia and tune group.

y-2LR9eyI1L.gif

Like · · Share · 12842 · 8 hours ago via mobile

I can't help to speculate that D7 is going to start DOH, JED (which they already have approval and rights) and DXB (following MH's withdrawal from the route).

Tony Fernandes

On the way to Doha, Qatar and then to Jeddah and Dubai. Some exciting things for airasia and tune group.

y-2LR9eyI1L.gif

Like · · Share · 12842 · 8 hours ago via mobile

I can't help to speculate that D7 is going to start DOH, JED (which they already have approval and rights) and DXB (following MH's withdrawal from the route).

There are things to do in DXB and JED plus large local population in JED, but DOH? Who really goes to DOH from around SEAsia other than gas & construction people (who are likely to be on legacies), and those in transit to go elsewhere (well covered by QR)? Well, TF didnt say D7 will start DOH - so it will have to be just DXB & JED.

There are things to do in DXB and JED plus large local population in JED, but DOH? Who really goes to DOH from around SEAsia other than gas & construction people (who are likely to be on legacies), and those in transit to go elsewhere (well covered by QR)? Well, TF didnt say D7 will start DOH - so it will have to be just DXB & JED.

No shortage of Qataris wanting to go to KUL.

There are things to do in DXB and JED plus large local population in JED, but DOH?

I dunno what is so great about DOH but QR is increasing their DOH-KUL frequencies for their S12 timetables. So they must have business on this route.

Not sure what kind of plans TF has for AirAsia and Tune. Hotels, mobile networks?

I dunno what is so great about DOH but QR is increasing their DOH-KUL frequencies for their S12 timetables. So they must have business on this route.

Not sure what kind of plans TF has for AirAsia and Tune. Hotels, mobile networks?

Sure QR has traffic to KUL but that is fed from all around QR's network - not from DOH per se. Where would D7 get its traffic from, as DOH doesnt have a local population base that is worth talking about. Same reason why MH has trouble making DXB work but EK has tons of pax to KUL.

No shortage of Qataris wanting to go to KUL.

Do you really know the native population of Qatar? And it's largely seasonal.

Do you really know the native population of Qatar? And it's largely seasonal.

Yes I do. I was based there for 2 years. Native Qataris not more than 300k but they have plenty of Riyals to keep flying. Also plenty of Doha-based expats desparately trying to get out for a holiday.

Yes I do. I was based there for 2 years. Native Qataris not more than 300k but they have plenty of Riyals to keep flying. Also plenty of Doha-based expats desparately trying to get out for a holiday.

My point was there still isnt enough volume to justify point to point services of up to 3x a day on QR between DOH & KUL if it is dependent on just residents of Qatar. And although the average Qataris may be relatively well-off, they are still not that wealthy enough to charter a QR plane per family on jaunts to KL.

My point was there still isnt enough volume to justify point to point services of up to 3x a day on QR between DOH & KUL if it is dependent on just residents of Qatar. And although the average Qataris may be relatively well-off, they are still not that wealthy enough to charter a QR plane per family on jaunts to KL.

I suppose for QR it is serving the many Middle Eastern tourists that visits KUL and these tourists are using QR and transitting via DOH. If D7 really start operating to DOH it'll be serving Qataris and expats in DOH.

I suppose for QR it is serving the many Middle Eastern tourists that visits KUL and these tourists are using QR and transitting via DOH. If D7 really start operating to DOH it'll be serving Qataris and expats in DOH.

I'm curious to know myself the volume and I doubt Qataris and LCCs can co-exist in a sentence. Anyway, TF didnt say D7 will start services from DOH. At least from DXB, there's the feed from (neighbouring) Air Arabia & Fly Dubai.

Tony Fernandes latest blog entry: http://www.tonyfernandesblog.com/

I’ve always felt that competition breeds winners. Being put to the test helps to bring out the very best in people as well as organisations, and it’s not much of a fight if there’s only one team out on the pitch.

It’s for this reason that I firmly believe the aviation industry - one of the most regulated in the world - must undergo further liberalisation.

The system of bilateral agreements in place now may have worked in an era when airlines were owned by the state, but we have already moved far beyond that.

It is a model that no longer makes any sense, and only serves to reduce choice while perpetuating gross inefficiencies, such as when airlines charge high fares on protected routes.

This high barrier to entry propped up by excessively regulation hurts consumers, who ultimately have to bear the cost of such distortions.

In a 2007 business briefing, IATA noted that liberalisation in other sectors had provided consumers with “significant and sustainable benefits” from lower prices, greater choice, better quality.

Companies in deregulated sectors were found to be more efficient at allocating capital, better at responding quickly to changes in demand and demonstrated gains in productivity.

This was on top of a study by aviation consulting group InterVISTAS the year before which showed that getting rid of the limitations imposed by “archaic” air service agreements would boost traffic by over 60 percent, create 24.1 million jobs and add US$450 billion to GDP.

It’s clear then that consumers, airlines and the aviation industry can only gain once artificial restrictions to markets are dismantled. The Asean Open Skies agreement aims to do just that, but we should not stop at the regional level.

If success is a function of how well we strive in the company of others, policy-makers the world over should work to ensure all players get a fair shake. That way we can all have the freedom and opportunity to be the best we can be, for everyone’s sake.

Fresh from Uncle Tony:

Tony FernandesdrP8vlvSl_8.gifTony Fernandes

Done analysis of all business for next 5 years. We may do one more JV. Then that's it for next 5 to 10 years. No Korea No Cambodia No Vietnam etc. We have got a fantastic spread of countries and we will now build all those to size of Malaysia.
No Singapore. We serve it well already from our airlines. No Laos No Brunei. ASEAN is done. We are very strong there. So no more JV.

They may be doing one more JV but it is not within the ASEAN region. Confirmation that AirAsia Korea, AirAsia Vietnam and AirAsia Singapore will not be a reality.

I think the last JV will be in India.

After flying the troops for Ops Daulat, AK expands its national service for the 13th General Election.

Azran Osman-Rani

As promised, our Fly Home to Vote campaign. Travel dates will be announced once the election dates are confirmed. Vote for Malaysia. http://www.airasia.com/my/en/fly-home-to-vote.page