MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH 772 to SIN from July

Hence, the potential dishing out of painkillers again. Next thing you know, you've arrived in madrid.

Do they still fly the A330 to karachi and then owards to dubai?

As a matter of fact, all 7 weekly flights into DXB now are operated by the A330 (A330-300) including the 3 weekly flights that go on to BEY and the 2 weekly flights that go on to IST all via DXB, taking over the A332 which has been used for the routes for years, IF the new MH's timetable is to be relied on.

if they could they would use their 734's to dubai! via india possibly madras,rhen karachi and then kabul then finallly arriving in dubai.They use this a/c to taipei which is four hours away before.

if they could they would use their 734's to dubai! via india possibly madras,rhen karachi and then kabul then finallly arriving in dubai.They use this a/c to taipei which is four hours away before.

MH B734 never did KUL-TPE, only KUL-BKI-TPE vv.

As a matter of fact, all 7 weekly flights into DXB now are operated by the A330 (A330-300) including the 3 weekly flights that go on to BEY and the 2 weekly flights that go on to IST all via DXB, taking over the A332 which has been used for the routes for years, IF the new MH's timetable is to be relied on.

"5-star" service all the way.....NOT!

MH B734 never did KUL-TPE, only KUL-BKI-TPE vv.

They also flew 734 to Manila, not sure again direct or via BKI which iis a long flight.I think if thiese flights were via BKi then it justifies using a 734.

do not think MH will use its T7s for the KUL-SIN flights as its present load are still within its 734s capacity and with AK's 8 flights daily, and SQ's reduction in using its own planes ie giving most of their routes to its sister airline - Silkair's A320s - MH would be flying less than 50% if it uses its T7s - more likely MH will fly its 738s to SIN.

They use this a/c to taipei which is four hours away before.

MAS 734, or any other airlines 734 cannot fly 4 hours straight nonstop, if i'm not mistaken. This is only possible with the 737NG. And KUL/TPE is 4 hours 40 minutes away, MAS never deployed the 734 nonstop to TPE from KUL.

They also flew 734 to Manila, not sure again direct or via BKI which iis a long flight.I think if thiese flights were via BKi then it justifies using a 734.

If my memory serves me correctly, all the 734 operated flight to MNL are via BKI. None of them are/were nonstop.

do not think MH will use its T7s for the KUL-SIN flights as its present load are still within its 734s capacity and with AK's 8 flights daily, and SQ's reduction in using its own planes ie giving most of their routes to its sister airline - Silkair's A320s - MH would be flying less than 50% if it uses its T7s - more likely MH will fly its 738s to SIN.

The deployment of 772 on KUL/SIN route is just a substitution. Not a permanent one.

Edited by Isaac

MAS 734, or any other airlines 734 cannot fly 4 hours straight nonstop, if i'm not mistaken. This is only possible with the 737NG. And KUL/TPE is 4 hours 40 minutes away, MAS never deployed the 734 nonstop to TPE from KUL.

KUL/TPE is 4 hours flight not 4.40.

KUL/TPE is 4 hours flight not 4.40.

Negative ! According to CI flight schedule, the flight time from KUL to TPE is 4 hours 40 minutes, BR is quoting 4 hours 35 minutes, D7 4 hours and 40 minutes and MH will take 4 hours 35 minutes to reach TPE.

The longest flight to be operated by a 734 nonstop known is only around 3 hours +, if my memory serves me correctly. Assume that MAS were to fly to TPE with full cargo and passengers inside their tiny 734, the plane would have crashed even before it make it to KHH (Kaohsiung) which is in the south of Republic of China.

Flew this route many times, definitely more than 4 hours, up to 5 hours may be, 4 hours only get you to HKG, while TPE is further north.

Edited by Seth K

KUL/DRW is further than KUL/TPE, was served by MH 734 many years ago.

A few years ago, before AK and 5J, on KUL/MNL, MH sent 333 on Monday and Friday, the rest of the week was 734.

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

The B737-400 had operated KUL/MNL/KUL and also KUL/BKI/MNL vv. At one time it also operated KUL/MNL/TPEvv. I have also operated an extra flight from TPE to KUL.

BTW I feel that the 777 is the best aircraft in MH's fleet at the moment in terms of comfort and faciliites. Up garde or down grade? I don't care, if I see a B777, I thank my lucky stars.

KUL/DRW is further than KUL/TPE, was served by MH 734 many years ago.

I stand corrected. But according to my old MAS printed timetable (1999 - 30 March 2002), the route was operated by 333 on a twice weekly basis. The plane stopped briefly at DRW before continues to CNS.

The B737-400 had operated KUL/MNL/KUL

Apparently it did. MAS old printed timetable (2000 issue) shows that 734 operates twice weekly as MH704. It was increased to 5 weekly according to the very last MAS printed timetable (30/10/05 - 25/3/06). The last MAS printed timetable also shows that MH9057/MH9058 were also operated by 734 but i believe these were the short-lived code-share flight with PR, operated by PR metal.

I have also operated an extra flight from TPE to KUL.

Can MAS 734 make it to TPE with a full payload though ? Because that seems like a stretch for 734 ... Leaving almost no room for extra fuel in case there's an emergency, unless the flight was heavily load restricted.

Btw, is there one MH 333 getting cocooned in front of the hangars at KUL?

Please elaborate,whats A330 getting cocooned?

Can MAS 734 make it to TPE with a full payload though ? Because that seems like a stretch for 734 ... Leaving almost no room for extra fuel in case there's an emergency, unless the flight was heavily load restricted.

I can confirm with 738.. CI is plying TPE-PEN with 738. But since Alan was a part of MH, maybe he could give the correct answer... :)

Please elaborate,whats A330 getting cocooned?

Just sit there, not using, probably. :unknw:

I can confirm with 738.. CI is plying TPE-PEN with 738.

The 738 can fly 6 hours nonstop, no problem. CO is flying their 738 regularly between EWR and LAX/SFO. KE is also flying their 738 to BKI, which takes about 5 hours 15 minutes - 5 hours 30 minutes.

CI also used to fly their 738 to KUL and SIN respectively from TPE nonstop on a daily basis between 27/10/02 - 29/3/03. That was back when CI still had double daily flights to KUL and SIN respectively. The nonstop flight was operated using 738 and the other one by AB6 via HKG. CI now no longer offers flight between KUL/HKG or SIN/HKG.

Edited by Isaac