MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ahmad Sharilamin

Air Asia A320 seat pitch worst than older 737s?

Anyone one to comment on this...??..My friend just flew in the new Air Asia A320..he likes the cabin layout and apperance..but says the seat pitch is quite bad ..even worst than the older 737s....anyone had any experiance trying it out?....

..I guess lower cost = packed like sardines... unsure.gif

I think it can't be that bad, considering Jetstar operates their 320s with 177 seats, thought I may be wrong.

29" is the bare minimum for me. Anything worse and I won't be flying with them anymore...

The seat pitch on AK 320 is the exactly the same as their old 733 (29"). Unless you are comparing their 320 with JetBlue Airways 320 or Southwest 737, then AK 320 seat pitch is indeed worse. AK got 3"-5" less pitch mad.gif

AK is only 2" less (at 29"), than what most legacy airlines offer regionally, which is 31", for such short sectors it really shouldn't be much of a problem for most. I flew JQ recently with 177 across the Tasman and it was fine.

Liam, doesn't matter mate! Our seat pitch on the Ak320 is fully adjustable from my understanding! Electronically too i believe! smile.gif

hahahah don't forget, we get window seat all the time! no need to fight the herds when boarding smile.gif hehehe Also, we got PTVs! 6 of them to be precise!!! lots of games to play! hahaha smile.gif for example: "Let's see how many passengers enjoy a hard right 2 mile visual approach at KUL!"

Does anyone know the schedules for the A320 in January? I called up AK's callcentre but the lady could only say the plane will be used for KUL-LGK vv, but could not say which flights and on what days they will be. I wish to try out the A320 soon, wherever it flies to within Malaysia.

At the moment, it seems to be doing...early morning PEN return, then off to BKI, and upon return off to KCH. With -AFB now delivered, a few extra destinations will be added, but I believe the major's will see it first, thanks to the existing infrastructure.

for example: "Let's see how many passengers enjoy a hard right 2 mile visual approach at KUL!"
hahaha, I wanna out do the 0.5mile visuals XR do on return from Busso... tongue.gif

At the moment, it seems to be doing...early morning PEN return, then off to BKI, and upon return off to KCH. With -AFB now delivered, a few extra destinations will be added, but I believe the major's will see it first, thanks to the existing infrastructure.

hahaha, I wanna out do the 0.5mile visuals XR do on return from Busso...  tongue.gif

21905[/snapback]

How do you know where -AFA is deployed to ?

Sing Yew, wouldn't want to give away all my secrets biggrin.gif But, there was some mention of the proposed initial destinations on their website, mixed amongst the advertising they were doing for the birds, in particular the first flight...and also a bit of logic.

Sandeep, if you get bored of the 6 "PTV's", there's always the "interactive ATC channel" to listen too tongue.gif

Edited by Liam Gibb

Was fortunate enough to be on AK's -AFA for BKI-KUL leg, then an AK B743 for KUL-JHB Felt equally cramped on both types of aircraft - congrats to AK for maintaining consistency !! However, savings in fare paid (vs what MH would have cost us) more than compensated for crampiness.

Was fortunate enough to be on AK's -AFA for BKI-KUL leg, then an AK B743 for KUL-JHB  Felt equally cramped on both types of aircraft - congrats to AK for maintaining consistency !!  However, savings in fare paid (vs what MH would have cost us) more than compensated for crampiness.

22433[/snapback]

I think u mean 734..unless AK leased a Hajj Aircraft.... cool.gif

OK, solly lah - typo error what ! I meant B733 to be precise.

Talking of B743, anyone knows how often the Haj flight B743 actually fly ? It was parked when I arrived at KUL and was at exactly the same spot when making our way home

Thanks for the tip Liam. Hope to experience my first A320 ride and see how it compares the B734 of MH.

21908[/snapback]

Do you really want to compare with MH, that just a lil bit amateur.............I think, so don't hate me smile.gif Unless you want to compare with MH DHC-6, then it will be a good comparison, may be not, may be AK slightly better than that kot? rolleyes.gif

errr... why cannot compare meh? Just because one is LCC and the other is non-LCC?? I think its ok to compare, after all, he may be comparing the two aircrafts and not the services for himself... nothing amateur about that, we all do it biggrin.gif

errr... why cannot compare meh? Just because one is LCC and the other is non-LCC?? I think its ok to compare, after all, he may be comparing the two aircrafts and not the services for himself... nothing amateur about that, we all do it biggrin.gif

22738[/snapback]

..and MH will always be on the top biggrin.gif

errr... why cannot compare meh? Just because one is LCC and the other is non-LCC??

22738[/snapback]

Just because one is LCC and the other is non-LCC(AKA legacy carrier). I always think comparing legacy carrier with LCC is like comparing apple with oranges. The LCC is about minimising costs as much as possible while legacy carriers should be focusing on quality of services. This may be untrue in US though...as what I've heard those LCC carriers have better services than AA, UA, NW, etc...

Many of my friends are expecting MAS services when they fly with AK for RMXX.XX...and it's like the nth times I explain the diff. between them... rolleyes.gif

I've heard those LCC carriers have better services than AA, UA, NW, etc...

Very true mah, even LCC sometimes can be better than those expensive fare airline like US airways and northwest.

I think, to fly less than 2 hours flight in AK that's all right, but more hours than that, comfort comes as first priority. wink.gif just my thought, not a fact rolleyes.gif

Sign in to follow this