MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Radzi

New Advisor for MH

Agreed. No one's twisting the mgt's arm to follow his advice now does it?

SUre , but seriously, how much does it cost in taxpayer's money to support this advisor, whether his salary, allowances or perks?

It is clear to all that MAS, if it is to be run as an almost pure commercial entity, has not such need for the so-called advisor. It is nothing more than legitimising a way for the government to channel some perks - but at taxpayer's expense.

For instance, to facilitate one's travel on a certain blue Gulfstream, one was appointed as an advisor to the company that leases the blue jet. So, I speculate that this is another way for one to travel for free on a certain airline's premium classes. Well, I hope that is on stand-by basis and no commercial customers will be denied travel.

When MM travel in blue Gulfstream and you can’t expect AB to travel in J class. Wonder will MH swap aircraft (e.g. to PER) for the advisor to travel in F class? :sorry:

May be MH is permitted to bill PMB for AB chartered service.

:drinks:

SUre , but seriously, how much does it cost in taxpayer's money to support this advisor, whether his salary, allowances or perks?

It is clear to all that MAS, if it is to be run as an almost pure commercial entity, has not such need for the so-called advisor. It is nothing more than legitimising a way for the government to channel some perks - but at taxpayer's expense.

For instance, to facilitate one's travel on a certain blue Gulfstream, one was appointed as an advisor to the company that leases the blue jet. So, I speculate that this is another way for one to travel for free on a certain airline's premium classes. Well, I hope that is on stand-by basis and no commercial customers will be denied travel.

If I'm not mistaken, Dr M claims that he doesnt get paid as advisor to petronas or maybe just get a pittance amount. If that's the case, maybe it's the same with Badawi.. but then again, i agree, MAS doesn't need Badawi as advisor.. it's a waste of money no matter the amount. that should be part of MAS cost cutting measure.. sack the advisor

If I'm not mistaken, Dr M claims that he doesnt get paid as advisor to petronas or maybe just get a pittance amount. If that's the case, maybe it's the same with Badawi..

You believe politician?! :sorry:

I can't see any good of Mr ex-pm being the advisor for the airline..

Why cant he just stay and remain as a farmer that he likes to be ?

.....Tun Dr. Mahathir....Tun Abdullah Badawi.....
So, here we are, Tun Abdullah Badawi.... Didn't know he was granted the Tun title. I guess he is immune from any lawsuit from now on, just like the old Tun Dr. M....

We can expect Najib to be made Tun next, so that ALL of them can be free of any corruption charges and etc.! Brilliant idea!!

There are people who're "thick skin" and could never feel ashamed of doing it at the taxpayer's expense...
Worst of all, the new PM is NOT even elected by the people of Malaysia. Was a hush-hush internal deal that Malaysians have to live with.

Why cant he just stay and remain as a farmer that he likes to be ?
That depends how you define the definition of "farmer". Most people at that level are farmers anyway, except they harvest gold and loads of Ringgits!! ;) Edited by S V Choong

Frankly speaking, in my most humble opinion, i dont see there's such necessity to appoint him as an adviser to MH. It's a waste of fund, tax payer money. Over the years MH has been struggling to cut cost. I wonder how much he is rewarded for such post. Again, in the countries, there are so many being unemployed. The amount of fee paid to him can be use to recruit talented personnel. Again, MH staff are now suffered as a result of the cost cutting measures..many of them have to prudent in theirs spending lifestyle esp in this economy turnmoil.

Over the past few months, there are many flight being cancelled due to light load....which directly resulted in lesser allowance earned for crew and etc. I feel that there are people outhere who are in need of financial aids rather than the ex PM. He had neither been in this line previously nor he is equipped with such knowledge as well. As such, i dont see he is capable of contributing to MH benefits. In order to be profitable, the management had taken number cutting measures which resulted to deteriorating of overall service. In other words, passengers are now suffering as well. Therefore, i think fund should be properly manage to source in talented candidates who are capable of increasing the yield of the company or motivate existing staff. Such appointment, may inevitably leads MH into greater financial crisis.

Sad to say that everything can be made possible in this boleh land.

Wonder if it's worthwhile to subject new 'advisor' to a few acid test questions ;)

1) Which flies further, Airbus 737-200ER or Boeing 380-400

2) Name three Four-Star ranked airlines, as accredited by Skytrax for year 2009

(and in the same vein ......)

3) What is it with the M&M / Smarties inspired colour scheme ?!! :D

Wonder if it's worthwhile to subject new 'advisor' to a few acid test questions ;)

1) Which flies further, Airbus 737-200ER or Boeing 380-400

2) Name three Four-Star ranked airlines, as accredited by Skytrax for year 2009

(and in the same vein ......)

3) What is it with the M&M / Smarties inspired colour scheme ?!! :D

He is likely to answer all of the above questions while he is sleeping and with sounds of snores! :D

Can MalaysianWings makes a petition to MH and the new Premier to scrap the plan?

The public voice managed to cancel the KLIA East project previously.

Can MalaysianWings makes a petition to MH and the new Premier to scrap the plan?

The public voice managed to cancel the KLIA East project previously.

Unless the current pm foresee he will die in office, he is unlikely to remove his retirement benefit.

Unless the current pm foresee he will die in office, he is unlikely to remove his retirement benefit.

Exactly....now we had the two ex PM being appointed as an so called 'advisor' to our national companies, what Malaysian companies are left? Perhaps Najib will be appointed similar position in Proton when he stepped down, with the assuption that if BN ever still in power by then. Remeber the previous allegations that he actually one of ths stakeholder for the inflight caterings?? I won't be surprise that Abdullah being appointed with such post in order for him to secure inflight meals contract with MH again.

Edited by Kenneth T

This is an effort from the government to make sure they are not 'unemployed' in this economy downturn

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

I'm ok with AAB to be advisor.. I'm sure he won't do nothing to disturb the MD.. Maybe giving him 1st class seat to anywhere will making him happy.... Unless his great son in law would like to shadow him... ahahahaha

What will his jobscope be? Won't anyone write to the NST's Forum to question what will the tax payer's money be used for in this instance?

Great - perhaps under his guidance, MAS will truly be a 5 Star airline!

Looks like someone is making a mockery of the appointment.

Dr M mocks Pak Lah’s appointment as MAS advisor

By Lee Wei Lian

PUTRAJAYA, May 6 -Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad could not resist a dig at Tun Abdullah Badawi today when asked to comment on the latter's appointment as Malaysia Airlines advisor.

Asked about Abdullah’s appointment, Dr Mahathir poured on the sarcasm with: “I suppose until I vacate this place he must be put somewhere.”

“I actually also asked to be made advisor to MAS but I didn’t get it, maybe it’s because I am not too qualified,” he quipped.

The Najib administration had earlier this week manoeuvred around a potentially delicate situation by making Abdullah, popularly called Pak Lah, the advisor to MAS and keeping Dr Mahathir as Petronas advisor.

This was despite a decades-old tradition for a recently retired prime minister to be given the prestigious position of advisor to the national oil company which began with the late Tun Hussein Onn, Malaysia’s third prime minister who retired in 1981.

Asked whether Abdullah will be able to effect changes in MAS, Dr Mahathir replied: “He was able to be prime minister.”

“People chose him to be prime minister ... you get what you deserve,” he added, glibly ignoring the fact that Abdullah was his handpicked successor.

Dr Mahathir has been harshly critical ever since Abdullah cancelled several of his projects, including the proposed crooked bridge to Singapore.

Despite Abdullah’s retirement on April 3, the country’s longest-serving prime minister has not let up in his potshots at his nemesis, whom he has also held personally responsible for Barisan Nasional's worst ever electoral performance in last year's general elections.

Link