MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Simon

AK staffs are suffering?

A friend of mine who is an employee of Air Asia got his RM500 productivity allowance robbed after a 3 days MC.....anybody else encounter this before?

Edited by Simon

Robbed by robbers? Then it has nothing to do with AK, could happen to anyone in this world.

Heard about this before ..

Ak doesn't have workers union right ?

Wah! This is not good news for those who turned up for the recent interview. But what really happened?

I think he meant taken back by the company, Cap'n...

Well, before we hentam and kutuk, better check out first. Once it is confirmed, .......lets the floodgate open.

Air Asia workers union? Never heard of it.

Well, before we hentam and kutuk, better check out first. Once it is confirmed, .......lets the floodgate open.

Air Asia workers union? Never heard of it.

Very Very true. What we see in the papers are happy faces and enthusiastic employees. So AK management should be praised instead as they ,managed to do so without a Union.

Very Very true. What we see in the papers are happy faces and enthusiastic employees. So AK management should be praised instead as they ,managed to do so without a Union.

More reason for them to smile for the camera since you are employed by them instead of endorsed by them.

suffering...NO

working hard...YES..with a smile.

some of my MH friends who jump ship to AK...

most of them say's...OK Laaahhhhhh....

A friend of mine who is an employee of Air Asia got his RM500 productivity allowance robbed after a 3 days MC.....anybody else encounter this before?

I feel that ground staffs (AK+D7+FD+QZ) not as lucky as others. :cray:

Not only RM500 being deducted, but some of them are threatened by their superiors not to be 'GIVEN' staff confirmation. They INSIST the valid sick staffs (even with doctor's letter) to report for duty even they have to 'lau sai', pengsan, muntah...etc infront of passengers. :bad: :wacko:

Ground staffs roster is another mess. Standard time to open a counter is '2 HOURS' b4 departure. However, they must close the counter 45 mins b4 departure time. (AirAsia SOP) That gives passengers and staffs 1 hour 15 min to check in. (around 90 sec/pax to confirm passengers details, tag BAGGAGES, charge additional charges and issue receipt, issue boarding pass, entertain passengers' remarks). Most passengers always check in last minute. Their 90 sec has now become 30 sec. :shok:

More often than not, their roster always clash. Their next flight opening counter time clashes with the previous flight closing time. (30 min - 1 hour overlap). And Sir TF ALWAYS complain opening counter late. If this causes the flight to be delay, there goes their 500 bucks. Worse case, some of the counter are one man show. Where got time to makan and nature break? TF samore encourage the staffs to mingle and play board games with passengers. :drinks:

I praise AirAsia ground staffs for thier hard work even though all the hardships they have to go through. They are the ones who ensures that the flights depart on time. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

But still, they are being treated like crap. I think the management is too high up in the air doesn't understand what is hapenning on ground. Something need to be addressed. :finger:

Ok, so now we have a award winning airliner with total disregard to customer service and employees benefits. The only thing keeping them going is cheap price!

They INSIST the valid sick staffs (even with doctor's letter) to report for duty even they have to 'lau sai', pengsan, muntah...etc infront of passengers.

:angry:

If this is true, why don't the staff do something about it? But if its true, is it because of the management trying to squeeze the staff out for more cost saving, or is it because the staff expects MH-type perks and salary?

Is unbelievable, However im not the AK staff, but as i know they are treat their staff very good and without any status or levels in the company, because datuk tony always treat thier workers as one in a big family...but if ak really robber their staff RM300 in just because the MC..who the staff apply, then i got to know why is reasons they want to do so..huhuhu..any idea? working with LCC always got to suffer, especially during this global economy downturn did everyone agree?

MC is seriously a big issue here. but you don't get robbed of your productivity just because of 3 MCs. i bet the person went MC hopping from one clinic to another! i've only heard of cases where productivity was taken back ONLY when they have abused their MC limit for the year.

MC is seriously a big issue here. but you don't get robbed of your productivity just because of 3 MCs. i bet the person went MC hopping from one clinic to another! i've only heard of cases where productivity was taken back ONLY when they have abused their MC limit for the year.

The curse of M'sians. Because of a few bad apples, the rest have to pay for it...

YES, they emphasised staffs/workers as a big family.

Father - Investors/BOD

Mother - TF

Brother/Sisters - Management/Executives

MAID - You know who la.

AirAsia Management/HR should review and differentiate MC cases to prevent abuse and NOT straight away deduct the allowance because it is POLICY.

YES, they emphasised staffs/workers as a big family.

Father - Investors/BOD

Mother - TF

Brother/Sisters - Management/Executives

MAID - You know who la.

AirAsia Management/HR should review and differentiate MC cases to prevent abuse and NOT straight away deduct the allowance because it is POLICY.

Hmm...good one.

For any organization to excel, reward and merit should be performance base. If sick leave is a KPI, made known to all and enforce uniformly, don’t see why it is unfair to employee.

To compete effectively, employee productivity is a key. If AK management can improve pax serving time from 90s to 30s is better for both pax and company. If Ryan Air or other LCC can check in pax in 30s, don’t see why AK shouldn’t try.

From my personal experience, find Malaysians are among the lowest productive. Instead of taking shorter time and less labour to performance the same task but lengthen, need more labour and demand for more pay over the years. Hence, the country is becoming more uncompetitive.

:drinks:

Not 3 MCs, 1 MC for 3 days. I know this guy very well, he was even force to work on high fever :angry:

Not 3 MCs, 1 MC for 3 days. I know this guy very well, he was even force to work on high fever :angry:

Hi Simon, have you friend found any suitable avenue to address this issue?

Edited by waiping

maybe they do have these kind of regulation, but a person get sick is not a factor that can be controlled. I constraints myself from saying anymore since I have yet to see myself the employee's regulations. But deducting an employee's allowance just because of MC sounds no good to me.

To compete effectively, employee productivity is a key. If AK management can improve pax serving time from 90s to 30s is better for both pax and company. If Ryan Air or other LCC can check in pax in 30s, don’t see why AK shouldn’t try.

Agree that AK should improve, ALOT!. Their staff roster management is full of crap and are not looking at the root cause of the issues. Logically, it is impossible to check in around 160-180 pax in 30s or less (taking into time consideration the staffs required to check in passangers + luggages, waiting passangers to repack their luggages, special requests, payment...etc), alone or even with max of two staffs.

It is a miracle that AirAsia ground staffs manage it under dire circumstances. BUT at the end of the day, they are still not being appreciated and recognise their effort.

Edited by KS Ong

worked from 0430 till 2330 (overtime), then continue the NEXT DAY again at 0430 till shift ends or overtime again.Then next day 0430....All due operational reason...Dunno bout AK staffs

Heard about this before ..

Ak doesn't have workers union right ?

not only AK bro...

AK also same Nick R, when forced overtime is from 0500 up till 0000. Same reason given and like it or not you have to come when your name is nominated.

Sign in to follow this