MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chaity

MAB can take Action.....

Saw this piece of news in their BM version but not English version.

Full text here --> http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/bm/newsindex.php?id=393507

--------------------------------

02 Mac, 2009 21:29 PM

MAHB Boleh Ambil Tindakan Mahkamah Terhadap AirAsia

KUALA LUMPUR, 2 Mac (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad (MAHB) boleh mengambil tindakan mahkamah terhadap syarikat penerbangan tambang murah, AirAsia berhubung hutang cukai lapangan terbang sebanyak RM99,881,491 yang masih tertangguh sehingga 31 Jan.

Timbalan Menteri Pengangkutan Datuk Seri Lajim Ukin berkata pada masa ini MAHB sedang berbincang dengan AirAsia untuk mendapatkan hutang itu.....

Wow, it is a huge amount.. If they sponsored ManUtd, really don't dare to imagine what will be happened.. :blink:

phewww!

i thought MAB can take action to those who go spotting!

Sorry Walter, I never thought of that since Bulis is the beredar team now :pardon:

Saw this piece of news in their BM version but not English version.

Full text here --> http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v5/bm/newsindex.php?id=393507

--------------------------------

02 Mac, 2009 21:29 PM

MAHB Boleh Ambil Tindakan Mahkamah Terhadap AirAsia

KUALA LUMPUR, 2 Mac (Bernama) -- Malaysia Airports Holding Berhad (MAHB) boleh mengambil tindakan mahkamah terhadap syarikat penerbangan tambang murah, AirAsia berhubung hutang cukai lapangan terbang sebanyak RM99,881,491 yang masih tertangguh sehingga 31 Jan.

Timbalan Menteri Pengangkutan Datuk Seri Lajim Ukin berkata pada masa ini MAHB sedang berbincang dengan AirAsia untuk mendapatkan hutang itu.....

Berani ke MAHB?? jangan cakap saja.. ambil tindakan terus... DUIT RAKYAT MAAA

(do not just empty talk, please take action! )

phewww!

i thought MAB can take action to those who go spotting!

Me got the same thought :rofl::lol:

Tony, just give away one of your A320 to MAB to settle :lol::lol::p

Berani ke MAHB?? jangan cakap saja.. ambil tindakan terus... DUIT RAKYAT MAAA

(do not just empty talk, please take action! )

how about the RM 1 Billion pumped in by the gov to MAB?duit rakayat maaaaaaaaa......

how about the RM 1 Billion pumped in by the gov to MAB?duit rakayat maaaaaaaaa......

I didn't know that :blink::blink::blink:

some excerpts:

KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia's 10-year-old international airport has come under criticism from lawmakers for relying on a government handout of 1 billion ringgit ($286 million) each year to fund its operations.

As a major regional aviation hub, the Kuala Lumpur International Airport should be self-sustaining and be able to meet its operational costs, Abdul Khalid Ibrahim, a lawmaker with the opposition People's Justice Party was quoted as saying Tuesday (11 Nov) by the New Straits Times.

"The government should explain why the airport is costing the taxpayers so much," he was quoted as saying while debating the government's annual allocation for the airport in the 2009 federal budget in parliament.

N.Gobalakrishnan, another lawmaker from the same party, was quoted as saying by The Star that the Government should consider privatizing the airport _ which is currently run by state-own operator Malaysia Airports.

"This may ease the burden and save costs for the government," he said in the report.

Calls to Abdul Khalid and Gobalakrishnan seeking comment went unanswered.

Azmi Murad, the KLIA senior general manager, declined to comment when contacted Tuesday. He said the finance ministry would respond to the queries in parliament. Finance ministry officials couldn't be immediately reached for comments.

The airport, which opened in 1998 at a cost of 10 billion ringgit, can handle up to 35 million passengers and 1.2 million tonnes of cargo a year but faces stiff competition from Singapore and Bangkok.

anyway..this RM 1B is just one of those "assistance" by our Gov.the list can go on and on....i havent got started on PMB...

Edited by klampertz

Nothing is a surprise in this country, wonder how many GLC thrive without gomen assistance? Why it take so long for the subsidy to be made public? Wonder what else is hidden in the budget?

:drinks:

N.Gobalakrishnan, another lawmaker from the same party, was quoted as saying by The Star that the Government should consider privatizing the airport _ which is currently run by state-own operator Malaysia Airports.

"This may ease the burden and save costs for the government," he said in the report.

I agree. Looking to Senai and Skypark as an example, I am sure the private sector would provide higher standards of service and would be more innovative.

I agree. Looking to Senai and Skypark as an example, I am sure the private sector would provide higher standards of service and would be more innovative.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Improvements in standards and innovation comes at a cost, with private sector management , relaxation of pricing "controls" and forsaking the national obligations, the price increase will inevitably be passed on to the Consumer. Some of the price increase will also go towards higher payroll and remunerations of a private sector management team.

privatization does not necessary benefit us.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Improvements in standards and innovation comes at a cost, with private sector management , relaxation of pricing "controls" and forsaking the national obligations, the price increase will inevitably be passed on to the Consumer. Some of the price increase will also go towards higher payroll and remunerations of a private sector management team.

privatization does not necessary benefit us.

Not sure if this is true for Senai - at least I get to enjoy Coffee Bean and Secret Recipe food at normal retail price and not the highly inflated price in other Malaysian airports.

Not sure if this is true for Senai - at least I get to enjoy Coffee Bean and Secret Recipe food at normal retail price and not the highly inflated price in other Malaysian airports.

Yup at Skypark, the Starbucks and 1901 have the normal pricing.

Sign in to follow this