MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

The Worlds Most Isolated City v2.0 2009

Time for some pictures after a heavy breakfast and a few hours beauty sleep. Hehe... :p

EK425 departed back to Dubai 15mins early than Xanadu 2717.

A6-ERH_YPPH_080309.jpg

Xcalibur showing off its blink-blink n 2 of its 'hairdryers'. :pardon:

9M-XAB_YPPH_080309.jpg

Xanadu 2717 climbing out in front of us. The sun only started to show his 'face' now. :angry: Lights could be better if it was delayed for another 5mins. hehe...

9M-XAB_YPPH_080309-2.jpg

Hello Virgin-ia Blue !!! Long time no see. :)

VH-VBY_YPPH_080309.jpg

Thanks for viewing. Cheers. :)

Fuyoh !! Kian, Fantastic shots !! So syiok looking at your L-lens output. So shock..most of my shots from the BBQ area today appear a bit fuzzy :sorry: Virgin-ia Blue so sharp ! :good:

Wow... MIR, so hardcore ah... hehhe.. nice nice morning catch.. since home and airport is just minutes drive away...

But one question though, where did you park for your free parking? The bbq park area was sealed off!!

No more free parking, i parked at the short term parking area. :(

MIR - Buy buy ... L weapon very powerful. Worth all the money to upgrade and definitely a lens for keep. Of course, IS and steady hands helps too. :p U were right, u will need 400-500mm to get some decent shots of the smaller residents in PER (e.g B717, F50, F100, Dash-8 ).

Thanks Tony. :)

Edited by kianhong

MIR - Buy buy ... L weapon very powerful. Worth all the money to upgrade and definitely a lens for keep. Of course, IS and steady hands helps too. :p U were right, u will need 400-500mm to get some decent shots of the smaller residents in PER (e.g B717, F50, F100, Dash-8 ).

Thanks Tony. :)

wow.. but ur L weapon cost how much bro? hehehe.. and focal range? hmmm look to the brightside i must not, fight the two brghtside i must hahaha.. jk jk

wow.. but ur L weapon cost how much bro? hehehe.. and focal range? hmmm look to the brightside i must not, fight the two brghtside i must hahaha.. jk jk

:D :D Keeping fighting Iggy. :p

Another poison for MIR - EF 70-300 IS USM F4-5.6 also very good - my ex spotting lens. Very sharp, just a bit soft at the long end. Value for money.

MIR, your 2nd day shot of D7 looks even sharper. The trucks there look like toy in the scale of 1:400 :blink:

Kianhong, those morning shots are really a killer and Anet quality. Your L lens really worth the money. :drinks:

Kianhong,

I would like to ask you something,

What's the bump like thing?

What's the bump like thing?

Exactly the thing that Walter mentioned, it's a satellite antenna for the Live2Air pay TV service.

wooo!

Sri, is she operating in proxy of XAA? or is it just a cum aircraft familiarisation exercise. One question, if XAA is put out of service, are XXA and XXB sufficient in covering D7's a330 ops

Crew famil exercise. Good practice for the cabin crew as well with higher load factor than that on the domestic sectors.

Walter from end of this month/beginning of April (when -XAA comes back) the A333 schedules will be...

Hangzhou...5 per week

Melbourne...Daily

Coolangatta...4 per week

Perth...Daily

Tianjin...5 per week

'Ascot 6838' RAF C-17 ZZ171 from Diego Garcia landed at around 2000LT. Thanks Liam n Greg W for the info.

ZZ171_YPPH_090309.jpg

ZZ171_YPPH_090309-2.jpg

ZZ171_YPPH_090309-3.jpg

ZZ171_YPPH_090309-4.jpg

Excuse me for the two noisy pix. Can really do much when the sun already set.

Thanks for viewing. Cheers.

WOw.. lovely pening shot bro... high iso also nicelah.. I've been waiting to catch one of these for along time, still I have yet to nail one.. I hope to get some next month.... :pardon:

Anyone going down under again? AK is running promo RM90 one way excluding tax.

Love the night-shots Kian !!! :good:

What a beast... :pardon:

Wish the RNethAF operates them (but we do have the tri-jets)... :sorry:

Wonderful photos of the RAF C-17,Kianhong :clapping:

And thanks to you & Walter for the explanation about the 'bump' i've asked previously

The officer will do shopping,,...get more food stuff from australia...maybe at woolworth, franklin....

and also a few tonnes of 'Little Creatures"......(its a beer) locally brewed