MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kenneth Chong WT

JETSTAR starts SIN-BKI and SIN-KCH

Jetstar flying to KK and Kuching

Budget carrier, Jetstar Asia, will start flying to Kota Kinabalu from December and to Kuching from March next year.

And to celebrate the addition of the new routes, the carrier will be offering zero fares starting Friday; passengers just pay taxes and surcharges.

These new routes are in line with the agreement to expand the bilateral air services between Singapore and Malaysia.

This link you to the news.....

938 Live Radio Station

Not very good news for MH and MI....

Great news!! ... thanks for the link Kenneth

Wonder when will Tiger join in the fray

Bad news for MH.... I don't think it will affect MI at all as most of its paxs are connecting from SQ's network & full flights most of the time

Bad news for MH.... I don't think it will affect MI at all as most of its paxs are connecting from SQ's network & full flights most of the time

Correct.

Jetstar already adds BKI and KCH into their booking engine destination list but there is still no flight schedule available as we speak. The first carrier to quit this route most likely is our national carrier, Malaysia Airlines.

This is great news! Lets hope the demand is still there. IIRC, until the early 90's, MAS was offering more seats on KCH-SIN non-stop than KCH-KUL non-stop!

But why KCH is always in the 2nd spot after BKI....hmmmmm

Hmm, interesting. As Singapore LCC's are given only a maximum of 7 flights per week to each cities until Mar 2009, could it be Tiger Airways is doing it the other way round, i.e. SIN-KCH in Nov 08 and SIN-BKI in Mar 09?!

Jetstar already adds BKI and KCH into their booking engine destination list but there is still no flight schedule available as we speak. The first carrier to quit this route most likely is our national carrier, Malaysia Airlines.

To begin with, MH is serving BKI-SIN VIA KCH. No direct non stop service.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

jetstar.jpg

At least it's already on the menu. When not sure lah.

Jetstar Asia launches $0++ Promotion on Flights to Kota Kinabalu and Kuching

Jetstar Asia is to begin flying to Kota Kinabalu from 1 December 2008 and to Kuching from 1 March 2009. These new routes are in line with the agreement to expand the bilateral air services between Singapore and Malaysia.

To celebrate the latest addition of East Malaysia to its current network of 14 destinations, Jetstar Asia will be offering $0 (not inclusive of taxes and surcharges) fares from 17 October.

Ms. Chong Phit Lian, CEO, Jetstar Asia Airways Pte Ltd. said, “It is double joy for us this month with the approval to begin flights to East Malaysia and the increased in number of flights to KL. We believe that the East Malaysia route will be well received by travelers as they plan for the year end holidays. With the festivities approaching, the flights will create greater accessibility and affordability for friends and relatives to visit each other.”

Jetstar Asia operates out of Changi Airport Terminal One and offers free online seat selection, leather seats and a generous free 20kg luggage allowance.

Link: http://www.asiatraveltips.com/news08/1510-JetstarAsia.shtml

Excellent news !!! :yahoo:

Now, one more way to visit 'the gang' at BKI from Europe (i.e. SIN rather than KUL)... :good:

3K is 20kgs free versus 15kgs with AK

3K is free pre-selected seats versus "express boarding" with AK :pardon:

Jetstar Flight Schedules

From 02Dec08

SIN/BKI 3K525 1320/1540

BKI/SIN 3K526 1620/1850

Frequency: 2,4,6,7

From 01Mar09

SIN/BKI 3K525 0740/0955

BKI/SIN 3K526 1035/1250

Frequency: Daily

SIN/KCH 3K529 1330/1500

KCH/SIN 3K530 1540/1710

Frequency: Daily

Wow.. why are they flying to BKI starting Dec08 and Kch starting March09?

But anyways.. good to know that they are operating day flights.. =)

3K is 20kgs free versus 15kgs with AK

3K is free pre-selected seats versus "express boarding" with AK :pardon:

And may be they will use the main terminal building at BKI too ?

To begin with, MH is serving BKI-SIN VIA KCH. No direct non stop service.

can this flight consider as direct flight? KUL-SIN-BKI-SIN-KUL. i think this flight exist right?

And may be they will use the main terminal building at BKI too ?

i guess will be T2 until all LCC move back to T1 next year. :pardon:

but cilaka lar.... that day i not in town pula... Waiping, IS YOUR MISSION now! hahaha.... :rofl:

Edited by Samuel Chy

can this flight consider as direct flight? KUL-SIN-BKI-SIN-KUL. i think this flight exist right?

This route doesn't exist anymore. At present MAS doesn't even operate SIN-BKI nonstop :(

In the old days one can do a domestic trip on KUL-SIN-BKI and KUL-SIN-KCH. The KUL-SIN-KCH morning run (MH640/641) was operated by a widebody (A300, DC10, MD11, A330). At one time the night run (MH644/645) was operated by A310. I have only seen one photo of MH A310, they are so rare.... Suppose Kuchingites would call these the 'good old days'...

Edited by H C Chai

i guess will be T2 until all LCC move back to T1 next year. :pardon:

Or may be not because Jetstar (3K) is using the satellite building at KLIA while all other low cost carriers are using the LCCT.

Will be using T1 @ BKI

Apart from functioning as a point-to-point LCC, 3K will also be QF/JQ coded for ex-Australia paxs to BKI & KCH via SIN, & vice-versa for ex-BKI & KCH paxs via SIN connecting to QF/JQ flights (which fares are issued by travel agents).

Hence, they have the normal pre-booked seats & 20kgs allowance, etc.

but it may affect JHB

currently there are 3 daily flights to KCH

and 2 daily flights for JHB-BKI

there is possibility AK will decrease frequency or axe these routes...

pity to JHB~ :mellow:

Edited by tafe isa

This route doesn't exist anymore. At present MAS doesn't even operate SIN-BKI nonstop :(

MH631 apparently still there, not on daily basis though, and goodness knows how long it will be sustained now :)

MH631 apparently still there, not on daily basis though, and goodness knows how long it will be sustained now :)

Yes, i agreed. Such impact will sure be damaging for MH and Silkair.

Yes, i agreed. Such impact will sure be damaging for MH and Silkair.

May be not for MI as they carry a lot of connecting passengers while MH traffic on this route is mainly O&D.