MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
MIR

Emirates adding more flights to Kuala Lumpur using A330-200

Emirates Offers More Capacity To Malaysians

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 30 -- In response to an increasing demand from business and leisure travellers, Emirates Airlines is increasing its capacity on the Kuala Lumpur to Dubai route by over 20 percent.

In a statement, Emirates said starting tomorrow, it will de-link Jakarta from its current Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta - Dubai routing and instead operate dedicated non-stop flights between Kuala Lumpur and Dubai.

From Dec 1 onwards, the carrier will also add three extra flights per week to Dubai from Kuala Lumpur.

The additional flights will boost Emirates services from Kuala Lumpur to Dubai to twelve flights per week.

Emirates Country Manager, Alban Lee said the additional capacity satisfies the increasing demand for flights among its discerning business and leisure travellers from Kuala Lumpur to Dubai and vice versa.

"It also further strengthens the airline's commitment to this market and in supporting Malaysia's efforts to position itself as an ideal tourism and business destination," he said.

The additional flights between Kuala Lumpur and Dubai will be operated using an Airbus A330-200.

Wow good news after all slow day at KLIA....has EK move their office to pavillion yet?

Seth, they have moved to Pavillion KL and there was a big advertisement in the papers !!!

Great news for KLIA and Malaysians, wider cheaper options to Dubai and beyond !!!

It is a pitty MH is still stagnant with its service frequencies to DXB these days when EK

is doing really well !!

:clapping:

If traveling EY with them, take the A330 as the config is the standard 2-4-2 compared to the 3-4-3 for the B777. However if flying Business, don't take the A330 as they fit a config of 2-3-2 instead of the standard 2-2-2.

It's great to have more flights from one of my favourite airlines.

-->starting tomorrow, it will de-link Jakarta from its current Kuala Lumpur - Jakarta - Dubai routing and instead operate dedicated non-stop flights between Kuala Lumpur and Dubai.

--> three extra flights per week to Dubai from Kuala Lumpur.

-->Kuala Lumpur to Dubai to twelve flights per week.

Correct me if I wrong, did previously Emirates operate Dubai - KUL - Jakarta and VV??and why now they do other way??

See Emirate already conquer KL - Dubai sector and MH still can't provide daily service (no flight on Wednesday and Sunday) and cant increase to daily flight and use B777..I think can fully utilise their B777-2H6 since MAS cut down frequency and certain destination..Correct??

Correct me if I wrong, did previously Emirates operate Dubai - KUL - Jakarta and VV??and why now they do other way??

See Emirate already conquer KL - Dubai sector and MH still can't provide daily service (no flight on Wednesday and Sunday) and cant increase to daily flight and use B777..I think can fully utilise their B777-2H6 since MAS cut down frequency and certain destination..Correct??

Emirates operates the following sectors DXB/KUL/DXB, DXB/SIN/KUL/DXB and DXB/KUL/CGK/KUL/DXB and now it will all be changed to DXB/KUL/DXB.

When they first started the flights to KUL they were operating DXB/Dhaka/KUL vv before it switched to the present sectors.

as to you question about MH........... because it is a national disgrace that has failed to live up to it's 5 star rating and passengers know that and have enough brains to fly other airlines that treat them with respect.

Edited by Alan B.

good news for us. MAS has deserted its loyal followers and is further cutting its ties with partner airlines by de-linking their FFPs. I have given up hope and I doubt MAS will get back to its glory days. SQ and TG will be in a different league. Looks like cutting costs by lowering quality and increasing prices to a stupid level have backfired.

Let's see if they can sustain the pax figures with increased competition for SQ, AK, EK and other middle eastern carriers.

Level playing fields are what we need.

Great news for KLIA and Malaysians, wider cheaper options to Dubai and beyond !!!

It is a pitty MH is still stagnant with its service frequencies to DXB these days when EK

is doing really well !!

:clapping:

EK probably noticed this gap in the market - that MH was not living up to what it should be doing, and has therefore taken the opportunity to enter the Malaysian market in a big way. By offering inflight products comparable to MH (but with better and more substantial meals in all classes) and frequency, it won't be long before EK becomes the preferred choice to the Middle East (if it isn't already is).

In the meantime, I see MH too focused on cutting its operating cost, routes and frequencies that it has completely lost the plot, and instead has allowed carriers such as EK to steal away their passengers. Yes, MH will probably be profitable over the next 1 or 2 years... but what happens after their competitors have captured market share from them?

EK probably noticed this gap in the market - that MH was not living up to what it should be doing, and has therefore taken the opportunity to enter the Malaysian market in a big way. By offering inflight products comparable to MH (but with better and more substantial meals in all classes) and frequency, it won't be long before EK becomes the preferred choice to the Middle East (if it isn't already is).

In the meantime, I see MH too focused on cutting its operating cost, routes and frequencies that it has completely lost the plot, and instead has allowed carriers such as EK to steal away their passengers. Yes, MH will probably be profitable over the next 1 or 2 years... but what happens after their competitors have captured market share from them?

Totally agree !!!

I think MH will always be left behind in many aspects, due to the lack of competitive factor, KUL will benefit then with EK's increase in frequency to KUL !!

:rolleyes:

In fact, EK is not the preferred choice to only the Middle East - it is the preferred choice for flights to Europe and Africa

It's good that they are adding more seats to the nonstop KUL flight. We are still very far behind compared to BKK and SIN in terms of flights and seats provided by all the middle eastern carriers such as EK, QR and EY and it's been reported that business class load on the EK flight to/from KUL is very bizarre.

It's good that they are adding more seats to the nonstop KUL flight. We are still very far behind compared to BKK and SIN in terms of flights and seats provided by all the middle eastern carriers such as EK, QR and EY and it's been reported that business class load on the EK flight to/from KUL is very bizarre.

The EK business class seats sell out fast and are almost always full.

And with such high demand for premium seats and frequencies between KUL and Middle East, MH is not even offering daily services? It baffles me... can anyone explain why?

Overall, as someone mentioned above, while the main loser is MH, but overall, KLIA and Malaysians would benefit from the higher frequencies between these 2 points.

Business goes where money can be made. As economy in the Middle East is booming, demand of seat is strong.

There are ten of thousands Aussies, Philippinos, Indons working in the Middle East. MH is failing or uninterested to capture this market. Either MH don’t want business from foreign workers, marketing department is sleeping or feeling incompetence to compete with EY, EK and SQ in this market.

:drinks:

Hmm, the check in staff told me that biz class always empty, even during peak seasons. Most of the biz pax are from CGK or SIN.

I saw one of the flight option this December to KUL was A332, but I really don't like that plane, it's old, very shaky, although not much different other that those...as a boeing fan 77W is all the way, except JFK-DXB with A380 hehe ^_^

Edited by Seth K

Hmm, the check in staff told me that biz class always empty, even during peak seasons. Most of the biz pax are from CGK or SIN.

I saw one of the flight option this December to KUL was A332, but I really don't like that plane, it's old, very shaky, although not much different other that those...as a boeing fan 77W is all the way, except JFK-DXB with A380 hehe ^_^

Not true. When checking in CGK there were only 3 pax in biz and 2 more pax going to DXB had to be down graded because ex KUL was full. I have seen full biz on all my flights with EK ex KUL to DXB and even the EK sales staff say they have no problem filling biz class. The only sector with poor load in both classes was KUL/CGK/KUL.

BTW A330'S are always shaky , it's the plane not the airline and as for old, the one MH fly are even older.

Edited by Alan B.

Not true. When checking in CGK there were only 3 pax in biz and 2 more pax going to DXB had to be down graded because ex KUL was full. I have seen full biz on all my flights with EK ex KUL to DXB and even the EK sales staff say they have no problem filling biz class. The only sector with poor load in both classes was KUL/CGK/KUL.

So which one is true exactly ? Didn't you fly on EK to DXB from KUL a month or so ago, Seth ? How was the Business Class load on your flight ?

Quoted directly from the check in staff, "80% of the biz flight always empty" not sure how far the truth goes or may be he failed math, but since he's the check in staff, he shud know better.... That's why my parents get to fly in their Biz class all the time with economy ticket, even LON/JFK-DXB vv they always get upgraded. As for my last flight, the biz class had 5 pax or so.

Edited by Seth K

As for my last flight, the biz class had 5 pax or so.

How terrible. And that was during peak season. I have read the same thing from A.net that the Business Class load is extremely poor.

i flew on EK347 5th october KUL-DXB and the flight was full in Y class. business seemed pretty full too. most pax came in from kul

i flew on EK347 5th october KUL-DXB and the flight was full in Y class. business seemed pretty full too. most pax came in from kul

But the end of Eid holidays would have caused a jump in demand, not just from KUL, but from BKK, SIN, CGK etc on practically all airlines, TG, EK, EY, SQ et al.

Well, may be some days J load are good while some not. But one thing confirmed, Y always full! no doubt there....

Edited by Seth K

Sign in to follow this