MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Y. J. Foo

Interesting MH T7 in Malaysian Book of Records

1st airlines bring B777 around the world :yahoo

with smoke and all other kinds of debri flying out engine #1 after a engine compressor failure.

The idiots probably thought that the smoke et al shows the power of the rocket engines of the 772, that propels it to the record-breaking flight.

Btw, one cannot technically label that particular flight between Seattle and KL as a "commercial" flight. Commercially, it would have been a disaster, with virtually zero fare paying pax and cargo.

Just shows the poor quality of the publisher.

Emm wounder it correct the fact of FASTER COMMERCIAL FLIGHT..What a wrong fact to publish to public..The correct fact is this MAS B777 (9M-MRA - Super Range) done Great Circle Distance Without Landing record from SEA to KUL..Not as Commercial Flight but as test flight by Boieng..During that moment, the aircraft still use American registration number..

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0062306/L/

Also this 9M-MRM..

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0475286/L/

That the only records of MAS B777 that I know..

with smoke and all other kinds of debri flying out engine #1 after a engine compressor failure.

Btw..thats not an engine compressor failure,apparently some honeycomb insulation materials on the engine broke off and created this spectacular effect.The crew didnt even have any warning indications,they were only informed by ATC after a planespotter(the guy who took the shot)called ATC about it....I guess the story should be the longest commercial flight by a twin engine aircraft(9M-MRA nicknamed Long Ranger)..not the fastest...no one beats Concorde!! :lol:

Btw..thats not an engine compressor failure,apparently some honeycomb insulation materials on the engine broke off and created this spectacular effect.The crew didnt even have any warning indications,they were only informed by ATC after a planespotter(the guy who took the shot)called ATC about it....I guess the story should be the longest commercial flight by a twin engine aircraft(9M-MRA nicknamed Long Ranger)..not the fastest...no one beats Concorde!! :lol:

Believe it should read commercial aircraft as it was a non-revenue flight.

Wonder how many other mistakes in the book?

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

I wounder this publisher allow to use this picture for their book..??

..not the fastest...no one beats Concorde!! :lol:

Yes no body can beat the Concorde..Not even air force fighter jet.. :D :D

I think this is a Malaysian Book Record... not a World book record... So far.. T7 is a faster commercial airplane in Malaysia so far.... but to put this incident picture in this kind of book... that is really bad.. They should see into malaysiawings, lot of interesting pictures in here.. right?

I think this is a Malaysian Book Record... not a World book record... So far.. T7 is a faster commercial airplane in Malaysia so far.... but to put this incident picture in this kind of book... that is really bad.. They should see into malaysiawings, lot of interesting pictures in here.. right?

Another MALAYSIAN RECORD in Malaysian Book of Record.. Couldn't agree with you more... This author need to visit this forum.... :rolleyes:

Yeah...i guess the publisher/author should chk out with MW members before publishing this book...as always,they get it wrong all the time.The Stockholm incident,the engine didnt fail btw,the crew dump fuel and came back to land with both engine if I am not mistaken...no serious damage to the engine except for a couple of dents in the inner casing...I actually have a couple of shots of the inside of the engine from the crew who flew it...actually shows how tough the RR Trent engines are..MH777 crew would agree.. :D...and also most of the time,the fastest aircraft in MH fleet is the 747s..

Edited by Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

Yeah...i guess the publisher/author should chk out with MW members before publishing this book...as always,they get it wrong all the time.The Stockholm incident,the engine didnt fail btw,the crew dump fuel and came back to land with both engine if I am not mistaken...no serious damage to the engine except for a couple of dents in the inner casing...I actually have a couple of shots of the inside of the engine from the crew who flew it...actually shows how tough the RR Trent engines are..MH777 crew would agree.. :D...and also most of the time,the fastest aircraft in MH fleet is the 747s..

Errrmm... share us the pictures boss... like to see it.

Errrmm... share us the pictures boss... like to see it.
Alright...after digging thru my photo archive...I finally found it...here is the shot of No 1 engine on the Arlanda incident..

DPP_0465.jpg

As evident,the honeycomb insulating material that broke off during takeoff

DPP_0466.jpg

Some dents and damage on the inner casing

DPP_0467.jpg

You will notice,all the engine major components remain intact including the N1 and the N3 blades,thats all that I have..hope this will shed light on this incident.. :drinks:

Alright...after digging thru my photo archive...I finally found it...here is the shot of No 1 engine on the Arlanda incident..

You will notice,all the engine major components remain intact including the N1 and the N3 blades,thats all that I have..hope this will shed light on this incident.. :drinks:

Thanks boss.. Wow.. very close and sharp picture of the engine... Since it is only the honeycomb that peel off from the engine.. what will happen if nobody noticed about it and plane's still flying to its destination? Will causing major error soon after a few hours?

Hmmm.... 'Fastest Commercial Flight' should be a commercial flight in shortest time from Departure to Destination, right?

So what it should be, MWinger?... PEN-LGK, or BKI-KUD, or LBU-BKI or... ???

Then we can email the publisher for correction and proper photo... ;)

ps: thanks for the close-ups, Faridz

Thanks boss.. Wow.. very close and sharp picture of the engine... Since it is only the honeycomb that peel off from the engine.. what will happen if nobody noticed about it and plane's still flying to its destination? Will causing major error soon after a few hours?
I am not sure what can happen...if memory serves me right,the operating crew did notice some slight vibration on the engine indicators,which actually quite normal..happens all the time especially after the engine have aged...No idea,maybe the vibration can increase further or maybe nothing happens at all.Probably the engineer will find out abt it when reaching the destination.I have a couple of times missing some part of the aircraft and nothing happens!!You dont even know about it until you reach the destination and the engineer found out about it during his walkaround!! :lol: :D ..glad you guys got to know more of this incident... Edited by Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

I am not sure what can happen...if memory serves me right,the operating crew did notice some slight vibration on the engine indicators,which actually quite normal..happens all the time especially after the engine have aged...No idea,maybe the vibration can increase further or maybe nothing happens at all.Probably the engineer will find out abt it when reaching the destination.I have a couple of times missing some part of the aircraft and nothing happens!!You dont even know about it until you reach the destination and the engineer found out about it during his walkaround!! :lol: :D ..glad you guys got to know more of this incident...

Wooohh!!! scary eehhh... !!

Hmmm.... 'Fastest Commercial Flight' should be a commercial flight in shortest time from Departure to Destination, right?

So what it should be, MWinger?... PEN-LGK, or BKI-KUD, or LBU-BKI or... ???

I've regularly clocked 16 minutes flight time (airborne time, takeoff to landing) minutes doing LBU-BKI or BKI-LBU. Fast enough?

Thanks Mr. Faridz for the pictures..It been long time after the incedent and only now I see what happen to the engine..

I've regularly clocked 16 minutes flight time (airborne time, takeoff to landing) minutes doing LBU-BKI or BKI-LBU. Fast enough?

Capt, did you perform any flight from Penang to Langkawi route before??I thought that was the shortest route..

Sign in to follow this