MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
KC Sim

9V-SLJ SilkAir's Latest A320s

SilkAir has just taken delivery of its 15th aircraft - its 10th A320 with another 11 to follow. The newest aircraft comes with its new interior - warm chocolate brown leather seats in business class and tan-coloured fabric seats in economy class. The seats in both classes have benefitted from ergonomic designs that deliver greater comfort . . . and the cabin walls and ceiling have been re-contoured to give a greater sense of spaciousness.

The nine older A320s and five A319s will be retrofitted with these new features as the airline celebrates its 20th anniversary in February 2009. A 20th Anniversary logo has been adopted but it remains to be seen if this will be applied to the aircraft's exterior.

Here are some pictures taken yesterday during the launch of the new A320.

SilkAir's logo is woven into the tan-coloured fabric in the economy class.

mw-9V-SLJ-2008-08-19-10Cr-EYClass-F.jpg

mw-9V-SLJ-2008-08-19-05Cr-EYClass.jpg

mw-9V-SLJ-2008-08-19-04Cr-EYClass.jpg

The reading lights above the economy class seats are no longer the heat-emitting chicken-roasting variety . . .

mw-9V-SLJ-2008-08-19-12Cr-EYClass-R.jpg

In the business class, the deep chocolate brown seats are very comfortable.

mw-9V-SLJ-2008-08-19-01Cr-BizClass.jpg

mw-9V-SLJ-2008-08-19-09Cr-BizClass-.jpg

This is a shot of the office in the front end.

mw-9V-SLJ-2008-08-19-11Cr-Cockpit.jpg

KC Sim

the interior really not bad at all ..... looks comfort for a short flight ..... thanks for sharing KC Sim :good:

I am impressed with the new Business Class cabin. The seats look very nice and I think it match the carpet and the wallpaper in terms of colour harmonisation.

Emm if I not mistaken SilkAir is one of Singapore Airlines subsidiaries company..Correct me if I wrong, SilkAir operates to secondary destination that SIA not cover such as Kuching, Kota Kinabalu also others ASEAN country..Its this airline serve/operate as low cost carrier??But from this thread, i may see it not as LCC..Can I know, basically what is main reason/function of SilkAir for??

By the way to KC, thanks and nice coverage.. :good: :good:

For the record, SilkAir is not a low cost carrier. It operates to destinations in the region that SIA could not profitably operate to . . . that said, SilkAir's destinations range as far as Coimbatore, Kochin, Trivandrum and Kathmandu on the Indian subcontinent to cities in the Mekong region, Southeast Asia, Indonesia and China / Taiwan.

It is a full service carrier and might I add that it actually is better than some of the national carriers from around the region.

As the airline celebrates its 20th Anniversary next year, you could expect to see more new destinations. Another 11 A320s are due for delivery.

KC Sim

Thanks KC Sim..Now i understand..After long time I assume SilkAir as LCC..

Actually where the launch ceremony took place??at Singapore or Toulouse??

What a lovely colour scheme! I definitely prefer this to the smarties scheme MH did to its B734's.

Will be doing KCH-SIN next Feb but guess I have to be super lucky to be on this plane. Chances of 1~2 out of 10 maybe?

The economy class seats look so much more comfortable with the adjustable headrests and new contours. However it has a configuration of 12C/138Y vs old configuration of 12C/132Y. If Business class seat pitch remains the same, this would only mean that the seat pitch in economy has been reduced from 32" to :o

Ouch!

The unveiling of the new interior took place in Singapore at Changi Airport.

While it is true that there are more economy class seats, this additional row of seat was made possible by newer seat technologies resulting in thinner seat backs. We were assured that the seat pitch remained unchanged.

KC Sim

Emm if I not mistaken SilkAir is one of Singapore Airlines subsidiaries company..Correct me if I wrong, SilkAir operates to secondary destination that SIA not cover such as Kuching, Kota Kinabalu also others ASEAN country..Its this airline serve/operate as low cost carrier??But from this thread, i may see it not as LCC..Can I know, basically what is main reason/function of SilkAir for??

By the way to KC, thanks and nice coverage.. :good: :good:

To further what KC Sim has mentioned...

The main reason also to MI's existence is because they get a lot of feed from SQ. Most of MI's pax are connecting passengers from elsewhere very much like SQ's. This probably explains why the tickets ex-SIN are always so damn pricy!

But MI is actually quite kesian. I used to work for them and SQ has made it very clear that "We are SQ, and you are not.". Their premium passengers (MI) do not get to use the Krisflyer lounge but instead get ushered into the 2nd-tiered (some say) SATS Premium Lounge. Not to mention the flight ops of MI is actually a seedy looking office space crammed together with other divisions of CAAS behind the parking garage while SQ's get a proper country-club like area at the basement of T2. But I must say the view from MI's office is better lah as they overlook runway 02C.

I also used to chuckle with my colleagues that the cabin crew briefing area reminds me of a cheap night school classroom. So kesian are the people in MI. But they are a cheerful and hardworking bunch and like they say how the underdogs band together like family, MI is no different.

Normally I am not a fan for earthy colours as I find baige and brown to be boring. However I have to say I love this choice of colours by MI . It's very classy and pleasing to the senses.

Dear All,

Please note that 9V-SLJ is schedule to come to BKI tomorrow. MI392/25AUG ETA1115.

Please get your camera ready.

thank you

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :pardon: :rolleyes:

Edited by Yoong

Dear All,

Please note that 9V-SLJ is schedule to come to BKI tomorrow. MI392/25AUG ETA1115.

Please get your camera ready.

thank you

:drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :pardon: :rolleyes:

Wei...nobody go to take photos...is it???

If u miss the arrival ...go and take the depart .... ETD1155.

This is 9V-SLJ 1st trip to BKI.

Thank you.

Edited by Yoong

Some of the photos taken by me while 9V-SLJ in BKI today.

DSC07105.jpg

DSC07104.jpg

DSC07107.jpg

not good quality pix but hope u guys enjoy.

p/s: the aircraft smell is so good....so fresh and new.

What a lovely colour scheme! I definitely prefer this to the smarties scheme MH did to its B734's.

Ouch!

That multi-colour smarties scheme is going to cause an epileptic fit.

I really hope MAS reconsiders it.

The new Silkair interior does look really nice though.

Some of the photos taken by me while 9V-SLJ in BKI today.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/ti...ng/DSC07105.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/ti...ng/DSC07104.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc39/ti...ng/DSC07107.jpg

not good quality pix but hope u guys enjoy.

p/s: the aircraft smell is so good....so fresh and new.

Waa Mr Yoong..You get access to get in the plane ea.. :good: :good: ..Do you have any chance to seat on the new seat??

Yoong, the vacuum work done by SilkAir staff?

The cleaning service done by MAS cabin cleaning staff. All airline are clean by them. The airline itself won't do it. Are you interested to work with an airline?? :rolleyes:

Waa Mr Yoong..You get access to get in the plane ea.. :good: :good: ..Do you have any chance to seat on the new seat??

Actually, I get permission 1st before I enter. :drinks: :drinks: For security reason.

I didn't seat on it-lah. Maybe in the future. hahahaha.