MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
affendi osman

AK's canceling BKI-DPS, KCH-DPS

Apparently yes....

Also suspending CGK-BKI-CGK (there goes my cheap ride home :cray: )

25Aug is the last day of operation for CGK-BKI-CGK & DPS-BKI-DPS

while 23Aug is the last day for DPS-KCH-DPS

CGK-KCH-CGK to continue operating indefinitely

Actually, none from AK-Malaysia AirAsia can clarify these (suspension of flights) as they are QZ-Indonesia AirAsia's matter

(which they have not given any form of official notice to anyone nor provide any detail of alternative arrangements for confirmed paxs :angry2: )

Average load factor 20% (as I have noticed during my monthly travels), some flights with only 5 paxs!

Every pax were able to occupy '3 seats' (hence every pax get to travel in 'one of the widest, but with one of the narrowest pitched seat' in industry :D )

And I traveled in '0' fare on every QZ flight to & fro BKI so far.

Edited by Andi C

Apparently yes....

Also suspending CGK-BKI-CGK (there goes my cheap ride home :cray: )

25Aug is the last day of operation for CGK-BKI-CGK & DPS-BKI-DPS

while 23Aug is the last day for DPS-KCH-DPS

CGK-KCH-CGK to continue operating indefinitely

Actually, none from AK-Malaysia AirAsia can clarify these (suspension of flights) as they are QZ-Indonesia AirAsia's matter

(which they have not given any form of official notice to anyone nor provide any detail of alternative arrangements for confirmed paxs :angry2: )

Average load factor 20% (as I have noticed during my monthly travels), some flights with only 5 paxs!

Every pax were able to occupy '3 seats' (hence every pax get to travel in 'one of the widest, but with one of the narrowest pitched seat' in industry :D )

And I traveled in '0' fare on every QZ flight to & fro BKI so far.

No wonder QZ need to axe CGK-BKI-CGK. How can they make money like that... :lol: ehemm..sorry

That was a very short experiment !

Though the result did not raise one bit of surprise mind you

Better luck out of KCH perhaps, but flights ex-BKI to anywhere in Indonesia so far have been disastrous flops :)

There goes my trip to Paradise on Earth...so sad...good thing QZ could keep the CGK-KCH sector...I really wish someone could fly KCH-BKK soon...I dont mind direct link to BKK...any news when this route would become a reality?

Maybe they initially expect 'expat' Indonesian to 'balik kampung' through AK.

Hmm, it seems the traditional ferry through Tarakan is more attractive.

No wounder i never heard any promo on KCH-DPS VV also BKI DPS VV route before on our local newspaper..

I so curious why Indonesia also Thai AirAsia cant make good profit also marketing to attract people use their service compare to Malaysia AirAsia.. :help: :help:

wow, I can't believe they are keeping the KCH-CGK route! Traditionally international routes ex-KCH always get the axe first.

KCH-MNL, KCH-NRT, KCH-SEL, KCH-PER to name a few.

wow, I can't believe they are keeping the KCH-CGK route! Traditionally international routes ex-KCH always get the axe first.

KCH-MNL, KCH-NRT, KCH-SEL, KCH-PER to name a few.

Those were MH routes. We're talking about AK (and associates) routes here.

Guess when a route is not workable, it doesn't matter which airlines flies it.

As my friend told me, AK / QZ never informed the passenger about the cancellation. Is that a norm not to inform / refund passengers if the flight has been canceled?

Those were MH routes. We're talking about AK (and associates) routes here.

Guess when a route is not workable, it doesn't matter which airlines flies it.

I was talking about KCH in general - there are just so few international flights flying into or out of KCH these days. Unlike KK, Kuching lacks world class beach resorts to attract foreign travellers.

Anyway, does anyone know how is the load on CGK-KCH-CGK? My mum's friends missed their flight to CGK few months ago, having paid a visit to KFC after checking in. Unbelivable!

Correct me if I wrong..Basically from my observation and what see base on my experience stay at Kuching town for last 3 years..I can see just few number of tourist at KCH town..KCH town not much interesting place to visit and I believe tourist come to Borneo Island to enjoy a trip to National Park..

Most popular National Park at Sarawak locate at Gunung Mulu and the nearest big airport to Mulu,MZV is Miri,MYY..Also MASwings also operate MZV-BKI sector..

If we make compare to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah much popular with Mount Kinabalu beside their popular National Park also not forget Sipadan Island..

As i believe,many tourist more comfort to take KUL-BKI sector instead of KUL-KCH sector..

For local Borneo Island people traveling,i cant say much because I dont know much about that..may be our friend Iggy can tell something here.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BKI is definitely a more attractive destination if compare to KCH. I dont think they are many Indons who are keen to fly to BKI for holiday.

Emm sometimes i wounder..Why Royal Brunei operate BWN-BKI vv sector instead BGN-KCH vv sector..To BKI just a short trip if we compare to KCH..I know in past Royal Brunei operated to KCH same as MAS but finally their terminate this route due lack of passenger..WHY??..but as far as i concern,i can saw numbers of Brunei vehicle during weekend at KCH, they travel for 15 - 17 hours (if it non stop)..Sometimes I sad to see nice new KCH international airport terminal and only SilkAir and Batavia as outsiders operator operate at KCH..

Ashmil...RBA do fly to KCH,I was on it before...it operates daily out of BKI but only Wed,Thu and Sun to KCH. Many European and Australian flies into KK via BWN...thus the daily flight...many tourist felt that KCH is a let down in terms of tourist attractions...we do not have as much Sandy and Sunny Beaches here.

Most of the National Parks and Nature Reserves are protected...disallowing too many tourist at any one time....trasport system in the city is a shameful affair...i lost count the number of times I offer rides to foreign tourist to take them back to the city from WInd Caves, Fairy Caves and from Kubah Ria National Park.

But i'll tell you that KCH is famous among West Malaysians who adores the tikar,woodwork, salted terubuk "salmon of the east" and kek lapis....lets keep our fingers cross, hopefully with SCORE, more foreign investor will come to Kuching and bring with them new airlines and routes.

With the Convention Centre almost complete...what KCH needs now is a theme park. The Cabel Car project in Santubong is about to start...so all in all Kuching is late compared to KK, but we are catching up...remember, Sarawak is a big state, funding must be distributed to the other cities as well, like Miri and Sibu...I repeat, I read that BATAVIA is launching JOGJAKARTA-KCH...care to confirm??

Sign in to follow this