MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Jinprayer

1st ATR72-500 for MASWings

if Some one in MASwings read this forum..plez propose we at MW like to attend MAswings official ceremony or take 1st flght..hehehehehe

Wat about its engines? :blink:

Somehow wat engines will be used by MasWings and Fireflyz?

But the colour for Maswings reli suits for ATR... :rofl:

Hehe for Sarawakians...

I will go to Kota Kinabalu in the end of this year with new ATR plane...

If possible :D

When's the delivery by the way?

The orange color of Firefly might be very striking and if both sits together on the tarmac may look really nice! Now if only they could release the models as soon as both colors are available on the plane.

One of the route that I'm sure they will introduce is BKI-LBU, it's in their "scratch & go" list, and MH ticket agent told me.

Hmm,BKI-LBU...Hope that my younger bro will got a chance onboard the new ATR 72 on his flight (LBU-MYY-SBW) on August 8th! :rolleyes:

Perhaps, BKI MWingers should propose a trip on this aircraft when it arives....anyone interested?

If the price is right why not?

Perhaps, BKI MWingers should propose a trip on this aircraft when it arives....anyone interested?

Is there any chance at all Captain Nik can pull a special MW charter, say BKI-KCH or PEN-JHB on the ATR's when they arrive ? ;)

if it come with good price..why not..something money can't buy..nice memory for u to get on board with brand new ATR before the aircraft officially use for revenue flight at Borneo.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:drinks:

i must admit that chartering a flight is not cheap business..but i hope if someone can offer it..hehehe

In the papers that I read, MH will fly their innagural ATR on the SBW-BKI route...I dont think it is going to be in August as reported by the papers...crew have not been certified...Originally, MASwings planned the innagural flights to coincide with the launch of the new uniform for the Cabin Crew...so far its been really quiet...

i must admit that chartering a flight is not cheap business..but i hope if someone can offer it..hehehe

Firefly set to fly ATR aircraft

FIREFLY will phase out its three Fokker-50 aircraft from October and replace them with five 72-seater ATR planes.

Firefly Penang hub manager Audrey Yu said the ATR aircraft would begin operation on Sept 1 and the first ATR 72-500 series plane would arrive in the middle of this month.

“We are targeting to have five ATR planes by December, followed by another five next year and 10 more in 2010,” Yu said.

It was reported in The Star that Firefly and MASwings, both Malaysia Airlines subsidiaries, signed a deal with ATR at the Lima exhibition last year to buy 20 of planes in a deal worth US$650mil (RM2.2bil).

Meanwhile, Firefly is also offering new routes beginning Oct 26.

Yu said Firefly would fly the Penang-Bandar Acheh route four times weekly (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday) and operate a daily flight between Penang and Medan.

“There would also be daily flights for the Subang-Johor Baru and Subang-Pekan Baru (Indonesia) routes. Another new route for Subang to Koh Samui (Thailand) will be on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday,” she said.

Yu was speaking to newsmen during a tea break at the Malaysia Airlines product enhancement briefing for partners held in Cititel, George Town, on Thursday.

About 200 representatives from travel agents, federal and state government agencies, chambers of commerce, hoteliers, freight operators from the Penang Free Trade Zone and corporate travel clients attended the event.

Malaysia Airlines Executive Enrich R. Thangamalar said the airline was currently offering a 50% discount on domestic flights for students aged 12 to 25.

“Students must get a letter from the school authority to prove them as students and submit the letter with two passport-sized photos to us.

“They are also entitled for discounts at selected international destinations,” she said.

For details, log on to www.fireflyz.com.my or www.malaysiaairlines.com or contact call centre at 1300-88-3000.

I booked the earliest flight SZB-PEN on the 1st of September, do you think I stand a chance on a ride for the inaugural flight ?

Edit: *whoops* I didn't notice the thread is for MASWings

Sorry

Edited by Loh Wilson

11 of August 2008 at Terminal 3 Subang Airport will be a launching ceremony for new ATR72-500..

RE: Any news on the delivery of MASwings' ATR??‏

Sent: Tuesday, 2 Sep, 2008 5: 46 PM

To: Kenneth Chong (kealchg@hotmail.com)

Hi Kenneth,

I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable flying experience with us recently.

Good news here! We have just taken delivery of our first ATR in Toulouse last week and there will be a launch in Kuching on the 12Sep.

The inaugural flight of this ATR will be on the 17Sep from Kota Kinabalu to Lahad Datu – Flight MH3018 at 1.20pm. There is no bidding for the flight. You may purchase it online maswings.com.my.

Oh yes, you are right, our ATR comes with Inflight Entertainment and we will screen our safety demo on the video.

Regards.

Shao Yi

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

Oh yes, you are right, our ATR comes with Inflight Entertainment and we will screen our safety demo on the video.

Shao Yi [/b]

Amazing...IFE for MASwings ATR72..I dont see IFE at FY fleet..hehe..

MASwings ATR72-500, 9M-MWA arrive today at Subang Airport (SZB)..Kindly please open SZB Movement under Observation Hill to see this nice baby..

So for Sarawakian also Sabahan spotters, ready for that day and I love to see this aircraft photo from your side..

Thanks..

Thanks for the update Kenneth :drinks:

Wah.... finally Lahad Datu folks get to see/fly a different type of aircraft :lol:

12Sep: Launch in KCH

17Sep: Inaugural BKI-LDU

Curious... what will happen in between... fam flights? When will it arrive in BKI.

And I wonder will there be a 'water-spray' (water cannon salute) ceremony in Lahad Datu... if so what equipment are they going to use?

Apart from IFEs, I heard from MH's insiders that there will be C-class cabin as well (demanded by traveling YBs and their entourage perhaps)