MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Chaity

Developing 8 Countries Summit 4-8 July '08

D8 Summit in KL. Saw a Garuda A330 GA0001 in KUL on 6th Jul '08 at around 1630. Indonesia's president is here.

Pakistan's PM is coming today 7/7/08 at 1805 flight PK 0002.

Iranian President will be here as well but couldn't find his flight in KUL website.

Those around KUL, catch these special flights.

------------------------------------

Read full text from this link -->D8 Summit

Malaysia will be hosting the 6th D8 Summit, an economic grouping of eight Muslim countries. It will be the first time that Malaysia will be holding the D-8 Summit from 4th to 8th of July 2008 in Kuala Lumpur. The theme of the Summit is “Meeting Challenges Through Innovative Cooperation.” The Venue for the Summit is Hilton Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.

D-8 comprises eight developing Muslim nations -- Bangladesh, Egypt, Indonesia, Iran, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan and Turkey. It was set up in 1997 as an economic alliance with the objective of improving the position of Muslim developing countries in the global world economy through the diversification of their economies by creating new opportunities via increased trade relations. In the process, they hope to improve the standard of living of their people.

The last summit was hosted by Indonesia, the current chairman of D-8, in Bali, Indonesia on 13th of May 2006. The summit is held once in every two years.

To jump start the summit, a meeting of the senior officials appointed by their respective governments otherwise known as the 25th Session of the Commission of D-8, will be held on 4th and 5th of July 2008 in Kuala Lumpur.

This will be followed by the 11th Session of the D-8 Council of Ministers, which comprises Ministers in charge of Foreign Affairs of member states, on 6th of July 2008 at the same venue.

The opening of the 6th Summit of D-8 will be held on 8th of July 2008, where the Honourable Prime Minister of Malaysia, Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi will deliver the opening address followed by the handing over of the group's chairmanship by President of Indonesia Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.

I think our effort to discuss with Iran about the oil price was shot down.

Having D9 summit at the same time as G8 is not coincident. Wonder how confrontation approach to G8 will elevate the country investment climate, improve trade and solving global issues?

Believe the country politicians care more about their political recognition than country’s well being. :finger: :angry:

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

Saw a Garuda A330, Iranian B707 and Pakistan A310 parked in KUL tonight.

We as Malaysian who not able too see the Official Aircraft for the head delegation at KLIA, and hope so, our spotter outside there can share with us at MW forum or either a.net or jetphotos.net.. :) :)

Saw a Garuda A330, Iranian B707 and Pakistan A310 parked in KUL tonight.

Capt, walkaround with your DSLR when you go to work. :rolleyes:

Saw the Pakistan A310, and the Iranian 707 just now when i went for a short spotting trip.

The 707 was being loaded up with people and catering and all that, but malas la to wait for it to leave.

Oui Imran K, you are back. :pardon:

GA left on 8th Jul at 1200 & Iran 707 also on the same day.

Left only PK leaving 9th Jul at 1330.

Just a side note, Australia's PM official visit to KUL on 10th Jul. Have your camera ready if you are around KLIA. :rolleyes:

Oui Imran K, you are back. :pardon:

yup yup..sudah kembali.

and im itching to go for a nice, long spotting session.

The Garuda A330 departed around noon yesterday. It had the presidential logo next to the door. I was on my way to work when I saw the Garuda taxiing out.

Pakistan send the government's A310. Looks similar to a PIA A310.

APOOI.jpg

As of last night it was still parked on the tarmac across A10.

Iran send in 1002. Previously they send in 1001.

1002.jpg

They departed last night around 2230. I was parked at A10L when they departed. I asked my crew to stand outside to watch the departure and everybody was amazed by the thunderous sound.

Next to follow to Bunga Raya was a Biman A310. Sorry, no picture.

Thanks Capt Radzi for the photos. :drinks:

At least I could "see" these aircraft without going all the way to KUL :pardon:

Even if I were there, I wouldn't get this close as well :rofl: :p

Cheers Capt for the pictures n chaity for the info's..

btw Chaity, any info on the Australian PM's arrival time 2 moro?

Cheers Capt for the pictures n chaity for the info's..

btw Chaity, any info on the Australian PM's arrival time 2 moro?

No info yet. Got to wait for tonight after 12AM for KLIA website to update their info.

Hopefully, the flight will be listed. :pardon:

OMG, its 1002 this time.... i still remember how excited i was catching 1001 on the obs hill with TK last year, cant even talk when the old engine roared!

Thax Capt. Radzi to share some head government aircraft at KLIA..it true,even we at spotting area,it hard to snap the a/c at parking bay.. :drinks: :drinks:

Terima Kasih daun keladi,

Kalu ada upload lagi..

hehehe..

Hello everyone! This is my first post on MalaysianWings after being a passive member for quite awhile!

DSC02054-1.jpg

Kevin Rudd's BBJ

Spotted her in front of Bunga Raya at about 10.30am on Thursday morning just when the clouds gave way..

Nice job Chow Vi Thian and welcome to Malaysianwings..

emm how you manage to capture the picture??

Thank you Chow for the photo and welcome to MWings. :drinks:

See you around in KUL.

Good to see photos just popping up when I yearn for them. :pardon:

Nice Picture Chow Vi Thian. Thanks and welcome aboard.

Guessing the location the picture was taken from, all uf us here hope to see more pictures of special visitors in the future.. :unknw:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I managed to get the picture as I was on an Internship working as a cargo operations officer. Unfortunately my short stint working in that position has just ended and now its back to studying for me =(

Sign in to follow this