MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

Hong Kong - Chek Lap Kok Airport

Hi guys,

These are part of the photos taken during my recent trip to Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Kuala Lumpur. I didn't manage to go to the new Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport this time. Although my fiance has been there but she didn't take any photo of the airport! mad.gif

Though I might like to share some photos taken at Chek Lap Kok. I trust that many of you here have been to this one of the top 5 leisure destination for Malaysian - Hong Kong SAR.

Isaac, please don't complain that I didn't send you any photos, here you go buddy!! cool.gif

HKG/VHHH Chek Lap Kok Airport

user posted image

user posted image

MAS A330-232 rego 9M-MKT parked at Gate 25 will take us to KUL.

user posted image

B-2558 Air China B763 just arrived from Northern China.

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/borneo1012/Aircrafts/HKG_B-2671.jpg[/img]

B-2671 Air China B738 parked at remote stand

user posted image

One of CX's latest A330-313X I think.

user posted image

B-HOU, the firstever B744 to be converted into Freighter in the world. Note the sretch Upper Deck. B-HOU has become B747-467BCF (Boeing Converted Freighter).

user posted image

B-HOY Asia Supercity scheme

user posted image

A343X B-HXE, a regular to AKL. I saw her at AKL just before I left for KUL earlier in my trip.

user posted image

B-HUE, CX's B747-467

user posted image

9M-MKT parallel taxing with B-HTF Dragonair's A321. At the end we departed before her.

user posted image

Hong Kong is also one of the most visited destination by the Japanese.

user posted image

Various traffic at CLK

user posted image

Various traffic at CLK

Edited by S V Choong

Nice shots SV..

Nice shot of Asia Supercity scheme...

Btw..have CX ever braught their 747's to AKL....

not back in the days..

but like after year 2003..???

user posted image

Hong Kong from the peak, with Kowloon (Jiu-long) peninsular at the top.

user posted image

Hong Kong disneyland is visible just after we took off. If you want to see Disneyland's daily fireworks, make sure you can catch a 9:00pm flight out of Chek Lap Kok and departed at the correct runway, then you will be able see the spectacular fireworks. Several planes flew by when we were at Disneyland witnessing the fireworks!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Interior of the Chek Lap Kok terminal, SKYTRAX's best airport of the year for many years......

Edited by S V Choong

GUANGZHOU

Guangzhou is the capital of Guangdong Province. It was a trading port since ancient time. Now she is also a MAS destination served by 747 and A330 (from KUL) and 734 (from BKI).

user posted image

The new face of Guangzhou, Tianhe district. The Guangzhou East Railway station is just at the top of the photo.

user posted image

Chinese garden at Lieshi Lingyuan.

user posted image

One of the landmark of Guangzhou. The Zhongsan Memorial Hall (in memory of Sun Zhong-san or Dr. Sun Yat-sen the father of Chinese revolution). Me in the foreground biggrin.gif

user posted image

Two Malaysian at their ancestral homeland and home province! biggrin.gif Sim Lim Shen on the left with me on the right. Thanks for journeying all the way from Changan to Guangzhou!! Please send my regards to Emily!

You guys might wonder why the sky is kinda hazy in China. Yep, it is the air pollution, mate. They still use coal power energy to generate electricity as it is cheap and I suppose the Chinese government has yet to admit that they are one of the major global polluter, though not as bad as the Americans, but they should do something about it.

Edited by S V Choong

AUCKLAND

user posted image

Arrived at AKL with 9M-MPQ "Kuala Lumpur". Thai Airways A346 is visible. They fly direct between AKL-BKK too.

user posted image

Raj, yes you are correct, CX used to send their 744 to AKL. But not anymore, it has since replaced by the A343. Perhaps during peak season, then their 744 will come into the play. I think I might have seen A333 at AKL....... or was it BNE.... or both. I have forgotten.

Thats all for now people. I have had a wonderful trip, thanks for viewing!

wuhuuuuuu!!! SV! these are really good stuffs! i enjoy looking at your images of hkg tarmac. very colorful and lots of victims to choose from!

Gavin, the Thai A346 is in the first Auckland pic..... Scroll to the right and you will see her.

Azahan bro, indeed lots of victims to choose from. One of them being the latest Hong Kong airline - HK Express with their Embraer 170s.

Edited by S V Choong

Waooooooooo :blind: Nice One SV.. Thank.. I Love Hong Kong wub.gif also the Cathay Pacific and Dragonair... SV Some More Please.

Nice pics SV. HK is really hazy all year round. From the window outward pic, it appears that were sitting right on top of the central fuel tanks. sad.gif

Congrats for snapping B-HOY.

As for Guangdong, its certainly looks cleaner than previously. Very metropolitan, in fact better than Taipei city.

There is also a SYS memorial in Toronto, Canada (unbelievable right?).

Yes the disneyland is small, i think they just want to get it up and running, so that they can generate some income and then build Phase 2 and 3.

In case if anyone is wondering what the TG A346's rego is.... It was HS-TNA.

Denny, yeah, surprised to hear that they have a Sun Yat Sen memorial in Canada, but why at Toronto and not at Vancouver where you can find large chunk of Chinese there? In fact we should have a Sun Yat Sen memorial at Penang, as Dr. Sun held a meeting at Penang and funded by Straits Chinese to revolt again the Qing dynasty government. biggrin.gif

Denny, I was told by my brother that the reason why Hong Kong is hazy, it was due to the coal power station? The HK government is now looking to replace the coal power station with cleaner energy? They seem to publish the pollution figure everyday on local HK TV.

Yeah I was sitting at seat 22K on 9M-MKT, right above the central fuel tank sad.gif Denny, have you been to HK Disneyland yet? Also, do you think HK is a more liveable city than Taipei?

Wow! Cool photos SV. biggrin.gif

I really enjoyed the photos you took in CLK. So far I haven't had a chance to go the Hong Kong yet but one day I should.

I didn't know TG are sending their A346 to AKL now. I've only seen them sending B744 and MD11 to AKL.

I Love Hong Kong too.. can MWs make a holiday for members there ??? smile.gif Thank SV for the pic especially bird eye view of Hong Kong Disneyland.. happy.gif

Edited by Aina

why at Toronto and not at Vancouver where you can find large chunk of Chinese there? 

the reason why Hong Kong is hazy, it was due to the coal power station?  The HK government is now looking to replace the coal power station with cleaner energy?  They seem to publish the pollution figure everyday on local HK TV.

have you been to HK Disneyland yet?  Also, do you think HK is a more liveable city than Taipei?

I remember it has something to do SYS' release from prison. I haven't seen the statue's plaque yet, but its written on Lonely Planet Toronto guidebook about the location outside downtown Toronto. Between Vancouver vs Toronto, there are more mainlander Chinese in Toronto. Vancouver has more Hong-couver or Tai-couver.

SYS is a great man, during Lien Chan's historic visit to PRC (1st time in 60 years for a high-ranking Taiwanese official to visit) a few months ago, Pres.Hu and him talk fondly about SYS (Guo-Fu aka Founding Father of a republic nation in Asia). It seems that PRC communist party is not against SYS's teaching, in fact they are proud about it. Most of his writtings are preserved in Nanjing's KMT Presidential Palace notwithstanding the 10 year book-burning and get rid of intellectual thinking campaigns during Cultural Revolution.

As for HK Disneyland its not as big as Tokyo DisneySea or TDL as seen from your pic. I been to both Japanese Disneyland, but not the HK one yet. Last week, it was announced on TV that there is a discount for HK residents/residence card holders.

HK is a more liveable city because of its transportation network and generally, HKers are more obedient to traffic rules. But not in Taiwan (Taipei is slightly better than other parts esp the southern part, those Bin-lang aka Betelnut chewing counties).

S V,

you really made me feel bad: I could have joined you there on 9M-MKT, if not..........

B-HXE is also a regular at AMS; we used to have 744's but now 34o's only mad.gif Great, you saw the HongKong "bandit" as well; guess, it's only delivered a few weeks before...

The terminal at HKG resembles VERY much so, the one at London-Stansted ohmy.gif

Do they have the same designer ?

Verrryy nice shots SV smile.gif I might be missing out on a trip to HK and Guangzhou at the end of this month cos I'm still stuck in Perth with my project... haiseehhh want to gooo lahhh!! Thanks for the shots anyway, makes me feel like i'm almost there smile.gif

Good stuff SV! anymore pics? 

Min, Hmm though I have more photos, but they are may be quite boring for you guys. Historical and cultural stuff. It was more or less my study tour in China. I just love studying those cultural stuff in China. Pics like..... a 2000 years old imperial family tomb found in Guangzhou. Daruma (Da-mo in Chinese), an Indian Buddhist who landed at Guangzhou and propagated Zen Buddhism in China. I went to this temple which is dedicated to him. Boring stuff for you guys right? biggrin.gif

Next weekend, I will post some photos taken during my trip to Shanghai, Qingdao, Ningbo, Hong Kong and East Malaysia during Feb 2005, if I am not too busy.

Pieter, haha, you could have been on 9M-MKT with me biggrin.gif I guess we will see you next year at HKG or KUL. My next trip to HKG and KUL will be around middle of next year and I will be getting married by then! Hopefully I will get to meet Sim Lim Shen, Isaac, Sing Yew, Azahan, Gavin and Fendy as well. Isaac, you will not be able to runaway this time tongue.gif Good Luck with your SPM.

Denny, I think I will follow my brother's foot step and would like to live and work in HKG once I finish my Masters in New Zealand biggrin.gif

Edited by S V Choong

Sign in to follow this