MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Sibu Airport spotting

The pilot for that heli is a Philipino. I heard the RT during one of my training flights. Where's the wounded bird(Fokker 50) already? Back into service?

Oo, so thats the mysterious (for me) Zulu Sierra xx Whiskey..

Always heard them going to kch hospital...but Layang-layang operating flying doctor services for eastern region (MYY-Bario & the Longs) while Hornbill for western (KCH-SBW)..hmm

pity Golf juliet. Just about to be phase out soon. hurm...kesian...Anyway, thanx for the info Capt Radzi.

Can't wait to see the ATR landing at SBW.Will going to the airport on Sept 26th to pick up my younger bro who will be returning from Labuan,4 days before Hari Raya.

Taken on Sept 26th.Enjoy :drinks:

Carrier:MASWings (MH)

A/C:Fokker 50

Reg:9M-MGC

Arrived from: MYY

Flight:MH 3***

DSCN2329.jpg

DSCN2330.jpg

DSCN2331.jpg

Check out on the good ol' Dutch lady with the pimple on her nose,and also the beautiful B&W prop blades :clapping:

DSCN2333.jpg

Golf Charlie comes to a complete stop

DSCN2334.jpg

Passengers disembarking the Golf Charlie

DSCN2335.jpg

After exiting the terminal building,i was suprised to see Golf Alpha arrived from BKI.Looks like it's the Fokker Day.

DSCN2336.jpg

I've also captured a video of the MGC (14 seconds).Check the sound of the F50,it's really awesome :clapping:

th_DSCN2332.jpg

Thanks for sharing and the dedication of this wonderful Fokker product: in a few more years, you all will miss her whispers :pardon:

Love your picture with both Ladies :good:

MGA should be coming for check soon. Was flew to szb last 2 week without doing anything and flew back to bki due to MGD still can't finish check plus MGJ also still on check at the same time.

Thanks for sharing and the dedication of this wonderful Fokker product: in a few more years, you all will miss her whispers :pardon:

Love your picture with both Ladies :good:

You're most welcome,Uncle Pieter :lol:

She will be definately missed when the ATR 72 joining the fleet.

MGA should be coming for check soon. Was flew to szb last 2 week without doing anything and flew back to bki due to MGD still can't finish check plus MGJ also still on check at the same time.

Thanks for the info,Sung :)

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

These photos are taken on this morning,while sending my youngest brother for his return flight to LBU via MYY.Still no luck for the MWA,perhaps in the future.While arriving at the airport,the terminal and the departure hall was crowded with people (especially passengers who are catching 1st flight to KUL by AK)as people are back to business after the Hari Raya.

While at the airport,i've noticed the Hornbill Skyways fleet (comprising of Cessna Citation X Jet,Bell Long Ranger and a brand new EC-135 Colibri).Here are the photo of the Hornbill Skyways fleet (except the EC-135 Colibri):

Pix no.1: Sorry for the fences

DSCN2374.jpg

Pix no.2: Close up of the 9M-ATM

DSCN2377.jpg

Bell Long Ranger (9M-BCU)

Pix no.3: Pilot preparing the Bravo Charlie Uniform

DSCN2373.jpg

Pix no.4: Close up of Bravo Charlie Uniform,as on that moment MASWings F50 arrives

DSCN2378.jpg

Pix no.5:Bravo Charlie Uniform departs

DSCN2379.jpg

Pix no.6:MASWings F50 Golf Echo arrives from MYY,and prepared for her next flight to MYY

DSCN2381.jpg

While waiting for a few minutes for the arrival of AK A320,My parents suddenly called me and ask me to return,as both of them are busy with their own duties.

So,while exiting the Airport parking lot,the AK A320 arrived from KUL-LCCT with 9M-AHE as today's workhorse:

Pix no.7

DSCN2382.jpg

Pix no.8

DSCN2383.jpg

Pix no.9

DSCN2384.jpg

Thanks for viewing,and Selamat Hari Raya :drinks:

Pix no.1: Sorry for the fences

DSCN2374.jpg

Pix no.2: Close up of the 9M-ATM

DSCN2377.jpg

Hai Tamizi..Nice 9M-ATM and rest of Hornbill Fleet at Sibu..Miss them so much..Did Uncle ATM celebrate Raya at Sibu yesterday??..

Any way I wounder how did you manage to get this 2 different images at same spot??Did you claim stair for that??

Selamat Hari to You also.. :)

Any way I wounder how did you manage to get this 2 different images at same spot??Did you claim climb stair for that??

Sorry bit error there..During I reply this post,my mind was always thought of claim form that I need to sent to my faculty Dean Office after I finish reply..Sorry..

Hai Tamizi..Nice 9M-ATM and rest of Hornbill Fleet at Sibu..Miss them so much..Did Uncle ATM celebrate Raya at Sibu yesterday??..

Any way I wounder how did you manage to get this 2 different images at same spot??Did you claim stair for that??

Selamat Hari to You also.. :)

Hi there Ashmil,and sorry for the late reply

Yes,Uncle ATM celebrated Raya at Sibu on the previous day,alongside with H.E. The Governor.

I took these 2 images on a open field next to the Main Terminal Building,just poke through my p&s through the fence,and you've got the photo.

Selamat Hari Raya to you too.

Hi there Ashmil,and sorry for the late reply

Yes,Uncle ATM celebrated Raya at Sibu on the previous day,alongside with H.E. The Governor.

I took these 2 images on a open field next to the Main Terminal Building,just poke through my p&s through the fence,and you've got the photo.

Selamat Hari Raya to you too.

Thanks for reply Tamizi..Sofian always mention your name to me..So if I have any extra money, I have a plan with Sofian to pay a visit to your place..Looking forwards also boarding with MASwings..hehehe..

Thanks for reply Tamizi..Sofian always mention your name to me..So if I have any extra money, I have a plan with Sofian to pay a visit to your place..Looking forwards also boarding with MASwings..hehehe..

You're most welcome.Don't worry,I will welcome you both to Sarawak with my open arms,especially you,Ashmil.Consider itself a homecoming to your adopted home (Since you've mentioned that you studied in UiTMCS previously) :clapping:

You're most welcome.Don't worry,I will welcome you both to Sarawak with my open arms,especially you,Ashmil.Consider itself a homecoming to your adopted home (Since you've mentioned that you studied in UiTMCS previously) :clapping:

Ohh that nice Tarmizi..Thanks for the warm welcome.. :yahoo: :yahoo: I looking any opportunity coming back to Sarawak for short holiday or even if working also i willing..hehehe.. :) :)

Just received words from Iggy moments ago that the AK Bank Rakyat jet is in SBW,doing the KCH-SBW run.Too bad i was too far away from the airport,and don't have any available transport to nail it down.Besides than that,Current weather in SBW is bad too.

Just received words from Iggy moments ago that the AK Bank Rakyat jet is in SBW,doing the KCH-SBW run.Too bad i was too far away from the airport,and don't have any available transport to nail it down.Besides than that,Current weather in SBW is bad too.

Waaa Bank Rakyat Bus start operation already..what a surprise..I presume that bus performed flight from KUL previously..huhu.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its raining season now at SBW??

Mizi, you lke the Bank Rakyat Bus livery??Funny white nose ya...

Waaa Bank Rakyat Bus start operation already..what a surprise..I presume that bus performed flight from KUL previously..huhu.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Its raining season now at SBW??

Mizi, you lke the Bank Rakyat Bus livery??Funny white nose ya...

Yeap,kinda suprised when Iggy informed it to me.Too bad luck was not on my side today :sorry:

Yeah,it's raining season.Yesterday SBW got struck with flash flood. <_>

About the Bank Rakyat Bus,i do like it.Who knows there will be a model of that aircraft (same like the Man U Bus) :rolleyes:

Hey Tarmizi...saw this picture on Skyscrapercity, i hope you like it. It was taken even before we were borned.

Seen clearly is a Malayan Airways DC3...those were the days...the terminal reminds me of a Lego "Airport"...so basic!

Hope you like it...especially for MW's Resident Sibu Spotter! :drinks:

The Old

43_5746_d1cbe536fcd6a4e.jpg

The Present

build.gif

The New (inspired by a Swan taking off)

airport-1.jpg

airport2.jpg

untitled1.jpg

Edited by Kenneth Chong WT

This is absolutely classic ..

Thanks for sharing ..