MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Michael Chai

Airasia's revenge

Actually when I read this message, I really feel ashamed of AK. They're just like the kid in school fighting all over.

For this case, as a "smart consumer" as referred to AK, I think AK is cheap doing this to your competitor. Sorry I know I'm being conservative.

What about seat selection? They should add orange juice (RM5?), sandwiches (RM8?) and RM20 for that seat selection which MH is providing free. Flying on AK Airbus is like taking a ride on those pink color KL mini bus. They can't even fly on time!

I think AK's move is just silly and very uncalled for.

Why would they want to compare price like this? And why are they getting upset over MH's promotional move?

What's wrong with MH offering zero fares when AK has been offering the same forever?

Shallow shallow AK

Hah! They forgot about MH free baggage allowance is 5kg more than theirs! And how about seat allocation, you have to pay extra for the Xpress boarding. And the additional stress for getting in the queue even before the plane arrives and using the overcrowded LCCT. :pardon:

Edited by H C Chai

As I mentioned in the other topic related to this, AK is caught on the back foot big time. This new advert is a very feeble attempt to fight a battle that it had already lost.

If it wants to get into details, which the typical average Joe wouldn't want to anyway, it will end up looking a lot more expensive than MH, on the basis that you guys mentioned above. In fact, AK has "trained" the general travelling public to just focus on headline numbers, i.e. low fares, and ignore ancillary charges. People will hardly comprehend what exactly AK is trying to say here...the message is entirely lost in complexity.

If this is what Tony means by retaliation, I am very disappointed. Try again AK, in the next battle.

THe all out call out of "better than zero fare" should mean it should cost less than RM0.. missleading.. as always!! Not interested at all :pardon:

Perhaps AK should give a free ticket .. than sure it is better than :Even Lower Than 0 Fare"

AK should be ashame what it has published. For the 1st time MH introduce 0 fares and yet AK is so worried. This reveals the kiasu culture in AK :rolleyes:

Hah! They forgot about MH free baggage allowance is 5kg more than theirs! And how about seat allocation, you have to pay extra for the Xpress boarding. And the additional stress for getting in the queue even before the plane arrives and using the overcrowded LCCT. :pardon:

Hah, they have to offer Xpress Xpress boarding already now that everyone don't mind paying the additional RM20 to board the plane first. I have seen two guys jostling to board the plane first and both got stuck at the door of the departure gate.

Uncle Tony means lower than O (for orange) fare not 0 (zero) fare :angry:

Guess MH has hit AK right at the bull eye and AK have lost the price initiative to MH for now :good: :yahoo:

:drinks:

As a Malaysian , I would definitely choose to fly with MAS , and depart a state of the art terminal building compared to a ' warehouse ' :)

AirAsia should be ashamed , stooping down so low .. Never supported them , never was a fan , never would be .

I am not a fan of any, but a price war is very good nonetheless, no? ^_^

But I'll choose MH anytime over AK for the MTB and assigned seating.

Edited by Mulyadir Fitri

Isnt this form of competition/advertising common in the USA/Europe ?

Airfares rise, complain. Airfares go down....complain...

Gee, good on AK. If they're in a position to give it right back to MH then why not? They are a business after all and business is survival of the fittest!

Difference of the fare in this example is RM13.50...

Snekboks and drink on MH free, where as on AK you've to pay - difference, no doubt, will be neglectable in the end...

What you want to choose in the end is up to you: nice Terminal versus Warehouse or 'old' 737 versus 'new' 320, on-time performance versus delays etc... :pardon:

competition is good for the customer in the end; freedom to choose too ;)

Gee, good on AK. If they're in a position to give it right back to MH then why not? They are a business after all and business is survival of the fittest!

Exactly my view.

Alls fair in the business world (bar illegalities)...and if AK feels putting up an aggressive counter-attack is productive to their business, then its justified IMHO.

price war only benefit us as the consumer , of course i am happy with this price war :D ........ but IMHO , ak is a LCC , so this can of advert would be normal , so i dun c any problem when ak somehow advertise in this manner ... :unknw:

I prefer MH (jellyfish ha?) even their planes are old.

Why? Seat selection, free baggage allowance, and the list continues...and maybe because of the pen on the kebaya! wink wink!

Sign in to follow this