MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
MIR

Unaccompanied freight onboard MAS, Perth International Airport Shuts Down

Been reading the Malaysian local news just now..seems that the incident at PER dont have the attention by Malaysian media at all... :mellow:

Been reading the Malaysian local news just now..seems that the incident at PER dont have the attention by Malaysian media at all... :mellow:

Suprisingly it appeared on Borneo Post in Kuching kakakakaka :rofl:

untill now still no news about what inside the package ??? dun tell me indeed it is kangkung and belacan :D :rofl:

nope..still no news..

But i heard it is belacan but still remain unconfirmed. :help:

Edited by MIR

Wow.. if it is indeed belacan.. than considering that is the cause of an almost half day airport close down with only belacan.. way to go MAlaysia boleh hahaha... :rofl: 4 packages of BELACAN is somehow too much isn't it?? I bet there should be some other hazardous like material in them , belacan is one of them hahaha I cant stop laughing :rofl:

i think thats the reason why they are not telling officially what's inside the package..

BELACAN !!

Something isn't clear to me, was this package ex-KUL or ex-PER? Because theres a statement saying the packages were lying beside the A/C and then another statement saying it was in the cargo hold.

FLOWER POWER!

Fake flowers are the cause for the closure of Perrth Airport!! I'm sorry PER, but just admit it... you over-reacted, and your response was slow..

The TRG and Bomb Disposal Unit arrived almost between 3-5 hours after the lockdown was initiated.

Channel 7: "Police, Fire and Ambu;ance units screamed into Perth International Airport within moments of the lockdown" - the lockdown was initiated during daylight and the footage of emergency services arriving is all at night! kekeke

This is absolutely hilarious!!!!

The height of fear is however, i consider, worrying!

ok, its an update for you guys, im in perth here just finish watching news. and guess what? its bunga telor!!! huarghahahahahahah

couples of boxes unattended and they thought its a bomb. malaysian family who stayed in perth for 17 years ordered the bunga telur. the police in perth raided her house that same night. and you know what the police incharge said, its in a textbook. we wants our ppl to be safe. the malaysian family arrive last friday from KL said that she had another 2 same boxes she brought it in to perth and there's no question from customs. and they just let her thru.

p/s i think, perth should open ther mind about this sort of thing and not to be too isoated from outside world. imagine how much money australian taxpayers waste just on that. how embarressing! its a traditional stuff. no offence... australian custom are too over secured. again no offence

Edited by Min

At least we all know for sure its not BELACAN!!! hahaha... ,next time they've got to train those sniffer dogs to sniff that sort of things and differentiate it as non-hazardous... :pardon: no offence... but really, tax payers wont be too happy about these incident... it proves absolutely nothing..

yep of course. im not happy cos im paying their tax. AU$200 atleast a week. that's how much i paid

yep of course. im not happy cos im paying their tax. AU$200 atleast a week. that's how much i paid

U pay AU$200 per week as tax?

Anyone has a picture of Bunga Telur to share? Have not seen one or has any idea how it looks like. How come the boxes was left as unknown? Shippers details should be on every consignment carried in the cargo hold. Didn't the customs in KLIA or MH loadmaster who checks it before departure knows better?

Anyway, security in PER has failed big time since it took 3-4 hours for bomb squad to arrive. Many would have been killed or extensive damage would have been done by the time they arrive if it was for real. But a good rehearsal by all means for anti-terrorism measures. Something to think about ay all airport authorities out there.

Thanks to Gibby, kianhong and Sandeep for the 'live' coverage from PER. Guys, still no PER flights. Always a** luck with my roster to get there.

If I'm paying AU$200 a week in tax, I should be quite happy. Cause it means I'll have a sufficiently lucrative income to justify that sort of tax obligation ! :D

Of course there could be exceptions - please share if it's not too much to ask :)

Edited by BC Tam

this is how it looks like but instead of real egg, its actually a purple flower with a silver colored egg case

bungatelurthumbnail1ws4.jpg

Suprisingly it appeared on Borneo Post in Kuching kakakakaka :rofl:

Apparently the story appeared on TV3 main news bulletin under international news section..but no mention of MAS plane...just telling that Perth airport closed down for security threat...that's it... :blink:

I'm not going to read everything, so here is exactly what i've posted elsewhere. NOTHING was diverted, and not everything made it to a gate.

Pieter, yes Adelaide (or Learmonth but they don't like foreign a/c landing there unannounced.

We spent 15hrs in the cold, with little or no progress. The finally let back inside our office at 0600LT.

Qantas and the multi user domestic terminal were opened periodically to accept inbound people only (no bags), with those lucky passengers being cleared by temporary CIQ posts.

CX171 ex- HKG (A333 B-HLU), QF78 ex- SIN (A333 VH-QPB) were cleared at T2. Both towed away.

NZ175 ex- AKL (763 ZK-NCJ), TR716 ex- SIN (9V-TAH), O7825 ex- DPS (732 VH-OZX) all cleared T3, and were parked on charlie 1 (CX later joined them).

EK420 ex- DXB (772 A6-EMG) arrived onto bay52, airport then closed, towed to sierra.

EK425 ex- DXB (A345 A6-ERB) and SQ216 (9V-SRN) shut down on charlie, pax bussed to domestic terminals (last passenger joined myself and crew on the final bus, 5hrs after arriving!!).

GA726 ex- DPS (73H PK-GEF) parked on Alpha, along with QF76 ex- SIN/DPS (73H VH-VXM). Pax bussed to T3.

The final outbound flight finally left at 1630 (CX170 to HKG!!), thats 10.5hrs after the airport re-opened.

There is now a huge area marked off where all the inbound bags are, where passengers can come and collect.

I spent 3.5hrs in -SRN's flightdeck eating icecream and drinking coffee while myself and the tech crew sat and waited and watched exaclty NOTHING happen.

It was a complete shambles, the evacuation procedures put in place and trained by Westralia Airports Corp completely fell through when the police took over (which was as soon as they decided to evacuate). As if Perth Airport wasn't bad enough, this just went to show how pathetic it really is. There is a massive debrief planned, and the police and WAC know they've got some explaining to do!!!

oh and freight is always unaccompanied. It was with someone its called baggage! dumbass media in this country!!

Thats just fake flowers..what if belacans were in the boxes ??:wacko:

Catastrophic !!! :crazy:

Funny stuff,

For those under 16 here studying in Malaysian schools, discuss this with your English teacher:

Should Che Husna Azahari rewrite "Of Bunga Telur and Bally Shoes" as "Of Bunga Telur and Bomb Scare"?

I think it's good point of discussion. And who knows might be useful for the exams.

Dang! Another Malaysiana sensibilities from me here.

Thats just fake flowers..what if belacans were in the boxes ??:wacko:

Catastrophic !!! :crazy:

Belacan is nowhere compared to Tempoyak. It is smellier and more explosive(literally) than belacan.

Sign in to follow this