MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nick C

DL Introduces Cozy Suite For International Y

On second thoughts, it's going to be a PITA seat. Imagine you are in the middle or window seat and you need to go to the loo. You have to squeeze your way out and piss the one in the aisle seat.

On second thoughts, it's going to be a PITA seat. Imagine you are in the middle or window seat and you need to go to the loo. You have to squeeze your way out and piss the one in the aisle seat.

I hope a pun wasn't intended. :blink: :p

Though not an entirely unimaginable occurence if one was truly stuck....

Edited by Keith T

Yup, looks like a nightmare for window seat afficiandos !! :)

Are those installations certified yet ? First gut feel would be that emergency evacuation of pax could be compromised

But then I reckon the designers and regulators would know better

why must it be positioned that sideways?

So a seat can be added to each row while maintaining the same seat witdh.

Would love to see how the Cozy Suite will be like when the new seats are used for flights. I think it will be a little cramped, but I shall wait for first hand accounts of the Cozy Suite when these new seats are used on commercial flights. An innovative product indeed.

It will be a very brave airline to introduce something this radical in seating. Personally, I like the idea of more elbow room plus having a better view of the window from the aisle seat.The window seat would however be a nightmare for a someone like me who has to pee very often. :huh:

If im not wrong those seats cant recline.But i dun mind the idea of leaning sideways when i sleep.they should improve the design by allowing seat and slideforward so passengers can lie down to sleep.

If im not wrong those seats cant recline.But i dun mind the idea of leaning sideways when i sleep.they should improve the design by allowing seat and slideforward so passengers can lie down to sleep.

It function pretty much the same as CX new generation EY seats.

very interesting and innovative :rolleyes:

there is a mention that these cozy suites are equipped with tipped-up seat pans to improve accessibility. these are just like the seats you can find in cinemas and concert halls... that means you dont have to fully stand/get out of your seat should your seatmates want to go to the loo/get back to their seats.

pic 1

pic 2

By the way, with this setting, having a seat empty next to you changes nothing :D

mmm... that's true... i can't really say that i've got a whole row for myself, can I? :angry:

Sign in to follow this