MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cheng Kit

Former MAS 747-400 is now with World Airways

If you guys very look closely, I can see that the windows all are sealed up as well. Its just like using plaster cement.

9M-MPC Kuantan was the FIRST aircraft I flew on in my entire life, back in 1993 when I was 13. It was a long haul flight to JED and back then she was a spanking new, just a few months old jumbo, which caught me in awe, in all senses. She is the catalyst of my interest in aviation.

Although I was sad upon knowing that she was leaving (there was a photo of her in bare metallic skin of hers somewhere here in MW), I hope she has a good life as a freighter in Israel.

just as i have suspected. the moment i saw N740WA, i knew it was ex-MH bird which was flown to Israel for conversion into freighter bird a few months ago.

You mean the B744 thats now top 4 in A.net??? it has the rego N740WA... looks like it kekekkeke :drinks:

ka-ching! more cash for IJ to add to his profit list.

You might want to do your home work first to find out who own this plane before it left for Israel. I don't think it was MAS.

You might want to do your home work first to find out who own this plane before it left for Israel. I don't think it was MAS.

Although the aircraft was owned by PMB, I think I read somewhere here that MH will get quite a huge portion of every revenue from aircrafts sold by PMB. It was part of the agreement during the asset bundling exercise MH and PMB had back then. Correct me if I am wrong.

Although the aircraft was owned by PMB, I think I read somewhere here that MH will get quite a huge portion of every revenue from aircrafts sold by PMB. It was part of the agreement during the asset bundling exercise MH and PMB had back then. Correct me if I am wrong.

Looks like the existence of PMB is always to cater for the benefit of MAS than making profit!

Looks like the existence of PMB is always to cater for the benefit of MAS than making profit!

Of course! They were formerly part of MAS and the domestic routes are actually owned by them but operated by MAS.

9M-MPC was meant to go to SQ as 9V-SPS as part of its short-term lease. That did not happen at all.

Of course! They were formerly part of MAS and the domestic routes are actually owned by them but operated by MAS.

9M-MPC was meant to go to SQ as 9V-SPS as part of its short-term lease. That did not happen at all.

and with full Star Alliance livery.

Anyone want to clarify / speculate as to why the lease deals with both Oasis Hong Kong and Singapore Airlines both failed at such advanced stages ?

And did MAS or PMB benefit (money wise) from the cancellations ?