MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Branden Ng

Singapore Airshow 2008 (19th - 24th Feb)

Entrance ticket will be Sgd 20!! is it cheap? should we book our ticket online now or get only when we arrive there?

I think better buy it before go there. What if they put "TICKET SOLD OUT" on the counter :pardon:

might be going......currently waiting for my gf approval...... :rolleyes:

u mean from KL to Singapore station? or all the way to Changi???? :blink: thanks Benny! :drinks: very useful info!you plan to go as well?haha~ just go and apply... guess u can get it with in a week...let's meet at singapore air show.. :drinks:
KL to Queen Street Singapore = RM30...then walk to Bugis MRT-changi or wherever destination a few dollars only(use my EZ link card maa )

I'm seriously thinking of going also since I missed the recent LIMA. Maybe take a bus from Penang or drive to JB and take bus to Changi. Haiyaa... AK, when do you want to fly PEN-SIN?

But...

In Singapore can sleep at mosque or not at night?

I also want to go on trade days... how?

believe me u cant :D i suggest u go for backpackers around $26 equals to RM50+bit per night......u need at least RM300 budget for a two day stay in singapore....RM70 for ticket both ways is the cheapest....meaning u transit at Larkin,JB when u go out of sing..230 convert to sing dollar..around $115........(without shopping) if wanna safe money on accomendation sleep at 24h McD :rofl: most places can be reached by MRT......if u use EZ link card would be cheaper then buying a single way ticket..this card can also be used on bus.....find a sing Map which can be easily found from hotel lobbys...believe me the map is really usefull and user friendly....i learn my way in singapore by their map whick i found in parkview hotel beachroad....

eltabina express KL- jln sultan,singapore

alison express - jln sultan,singapore

konsotium express - beach road,singapore

causeway larkin, JB - queens st...

all near to bugis MRT station...yeah need to walk a bit...ask around....

Jalan Sultan and Beach Road is actually nearer to Lavender MRT than Bugis. Lavender MRT is 1 stop nearer than Bugis, to the airport. Queens street is just right opposite Bugis MRT. I'm a Singaporean, and if anybody here needs help with accomodation or directions, please feel free to let me know. We probably could all meet up and go to the airshow together. I'm trying to get a trade ticket from my uncle who works in SQ, as I'm leaving for Melbourne on the 23rd. Hopefully all goes well...

Edited by gabriel

From Airbus Press Release

An A380 21st century flagship will be on exhibit at the Singapore Airshow, and the aircraft also is to take part in the flying displays on 19, 20 and 24 February. This aircraft will also be open for visits from 19 to 24 February by invitation only.

So maybe some of you guys might wanna replan your trip down :lol:

And also to get trade pass, you can simply apply online! http://www.singaporeairshow.com.sg/visit-p...gistration2.asp

Pre-register for Singapore Airshow 2008 and enjoy the following benefits:

• Save precious time with our dedicated, self-service mobile e-ticketing kiosks, set up specially for guests who have pre-registered online

• Receive regular updates and e-Newsletters on the latest news at Singapore Airshow 2008

• Take this opportunity to enjoy discounted pricing on our entrance fees:

Trade Visitor 1-day Pass S$50

Trade Visitor 4-day Pass S$150

Note: Prices above are exclusive of a 7% Goods & Services Tax (GST)

Edited by Benny Zheng

This is their first air show and they already have the A380! LIMA is 16 years old....less aircraft for static display.

I and bro Fitri will be there on 23 or 24 Feb.

I confuse about purchase the ticket? Can I buy the ticket on 24 feb or must booking earlier?

is this ticket's sale is limited?

Edited by M. Sofian H.

Haven't decide whether to go or not .... yet.. :sorry:

Looking at NOTAM... airspace closure is between 1230-1345 daily..

so on 24th, will there be SAF F16's Black Knight and RAAF's Roullette

since A380 also doing air display?

And A380 visit is by invitation, right?... Hmm ... how to be invited.. ?:p

Guest Michael

R there many MAS supporters here? I want to meet u next time I am in K.L. as I come from Perth, please let me know.

If I'm not mistaken, when you cross into Singapore, and get off at the train station there, you are still in Malaysia because Malaysia owns the land :D

How cool is that?

This is their first air show and they already have the A380! LIMA is 16 years old....less aircraft for static display.

Cant say this is our first airshow as we had Asian Aerospace since the 80s. We had the A380 performing everyday in AA06 too.

hmmmm...

i wish i had girl friends to go

my parents simply wont let me go with the boys

moreover if i know the boys from internet...

sigh sigh :bad:

URGENT!! Don't buy the ticket at last minute

Hi Sofian,

You may wish to purchase public tickets online at http://www.singaporeairshow.com.sg/visit-public-day.asp. There are very limited tickets sold on-site so we strongly encourage you to purchase tickets early.

Cheers

The Singapore Airshow Team

Edited by M. Sofian H.

hmmmm...

i wish i had girl friends to go

my parents simply wont let me go with the boys

moreover if i know the boys from internet...

sigh sigh :bad:

I can wear the kebaya your parents wont recognize me....hehehe

Will be in Singapore this weekend for a family wedding, but unsure if I'll go to the air show.

AFP

18/2/08

All-star line-up at first Singapore Airshow

Fighter jets, commercial planes and unmanned drones will jostle for attention at Asia's biggest airshow this week as titans Boeing, Airbus and other manufacturers take their wares to the booming Asian market, organisers said.

Industry issues like airport bottlenecks, security, environmental damage, the growth of low-cost carriers and the race to send tourists into space are also expected to be discussed at the inaugural Singapore Airshow, they said.

Regional transport ministers, airline chiefs, airport operators as well as the heads of the International Air Transport Association and the International Civil Aviation Organisation are expected to attend.

"The scale of the exhibition is far larger than anything we have had," managing director Jimmy Lau said, comparing it with the Asian Aerospace fair, which has been moved to Hong Kong after a long presence in the city-state.

"We are on the way to becoming one of the top airshows in the world."

More than 30,000 trade visitors, half of them from overseas, are predicted to throng the show from Tuesday to Sunday.

Air force chiefs, including the commander of the Israeli Air Force and the Commander of Pacific Forces, United States Air Force, will discuss the future of global air power at their own summit during the event.

Brigadier General Wong Huat Sern, a Singapore air force commander, said one of the emerging issues is the future of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

"For example, what is the future of unmanned warfare and the future growth of UAVs? Will they be used for air-to-air combat?" he told AFP.

The airshow will also feature a conference on defence procurement and a convention showcasing the latest technology in space engineering and design.

Singapore, Southeast Asia's most advanced economy, decided to host its own airshow after organisers of Asian Aerospace transferred the event, held every two years, to Hong Kong.

A record 15.2 billion dollars worth of deals was clinched during the last Singapore Asian Aerospace in 2006, but Lau would not comment on potential contracts this year.

The Singapore Airshow will be held at a 30-hectare site (74-acre) near Changi Airport and boasts 40,000 square metres (430,000 square feet) of exhibition space, or 40 percent more area than its predecessor.

Unlike Asian Aerospace, which is now strictly a civil aviation event, the Singapore Airshow will have equal commercial and defence components.

As in the past, US-based Boeing, Europe's Airbus and other industry players will showcase their products, including the world's biggest airliner, the Airbus A380, UAVs, warplanes and other lethal war machines.

"The Asia Pacific will continue to be a key market," said Joe Song, Asia Pacific vice president for international business development at Boeing Integrated Defense Systems.

Defence budgets in the region were growing between five and eight percent annually, he told AFP.

Boeing will bring three F-18 Super Hornets and an F-15 fighter jet to the airshow as part of its defence exhibit that will also feature the Harpoon and JDAM weapons systems.

Air force Top Guns from Singapore and elsewhere will take to the skies during daily aerobatic displays.

Boeing said its commercial exhibit will feature the 787 Dreamliner, its first new model in more than a decade.

The Sydney-based Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation consultancy cited reports that Boeing would announce during the airshow orders for about 100 aircraft worth up to eight billion dollars from Southeast Asian carriers.

Rival Airbus said it will bring in an A380 aircraft, which will take part in daily flying exhibitions. Last year, Singapore Airlines became the first carrier in the world to commercially fly the double-decker A380, the world's biggest passenger plane.

Scale models of the A350 and the A320, which is popular among Asian budget carriers, will also be displayed.

In its latest 20-year sales forecast, Airbus said the world's fleet of large passenger jets -- those with more than 100 seats -- and freight planes numbered 14,980 at the end of 2006 and the figure was projected to grow to nearly 33,000.

The greatest demand for new planes will come from the Asia Pacific region, where airlines will take delivery of 31 percent of new planes in the next 20 years, compared with 24 percent for Europe and 27 percent for North America, it said.

US defence firms Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman will also have a large presence at the airshow, organisers said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080217/bs_af...DCeC9ta9UpvaA8F

Unbelievable...... got to see it with my own eyes... :blink:

If I'm not mistaken, when you cross into Singapore, and get off at the train station there, you are still in Malaysia because Malaysia owns the land :D

How cool is that?

:blink: Oh absolutely, we need to readjust our dates to 1964.

Edited by S V Choong

:blink: Oh absolutely, we need to readjust our dates to 1964.

Hehehe ... now CIQ is done at Woodlands. A hassle - you have to get off your train with all your baggage at JB, and then once again at Woodlands.

Sofian, thanks for the invitaion to go together.

However, I have to cancel going since 24th is the General Election nomination day. For me, the election is more important than the airshow. Maybe I'm not that hardcore aviation fan.

I did have a taste of the airshow last week when I saw SQ A380 doing circles above Kulai, Johor. Too bad I didn't bring my camera then.

Hehehe ... now CIQ is done at Woodlands. A hassle - you have to get off your train with all your baggage at JB, and then once again at Woodlands.

You don't have to get down in JB. Immigration officers board the train and check your passport at your seat.

Sign in to follow this