MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Edwin P K

Question about e-ticket on MH flights

I just got an e-ticket yesterday to LHR, was just wondering...all I need to do is just show up with my passport and that should be sufficient right? I logged in to my profile and it says 'Active Itinerary'. Just wanted to check...who knows MH's e-ticket is different from the other airlines :rolleyes:

The website does't realy help either :rolleyes:

Edited by Edwin P K

I just got an e-ticket yesterday to LHR, was just wondering...all I need to do is just show up with my passport and that should be sufficient right? I logged in to my profile and it says 'Active Itinerary'. Just wanted to check...who knows MH's e-ticket is different from the other airlines :rolleyes:

The website does't realy help either :rolleyes:

usually showing identification is enough,but to be safe just bring the whole itinerary.

Least you can do is show them your e-ticket or your refrence no.

SQ used to require one's credit card that was used in making the booking presented when checking in with an e-ticket. I thought it was a strange requirement, not sure if the rule is still applicable though

SQ used to require one's credit card that was used in making the booking presented when checking in with an e-ticket. I thought it was a strange requirement, not sure if the rule is still applicable though.

The same requirement also applies to MH and EK too. Whenever I want to collect the paper tickets which I booked from MH's 'old' booking system, the ticketing officers will asked for the credit card I used to make the payment. For EK, the credit card was asked during check in. I think this is some form of a security measure, you know this days, which I am ok about.

Bring the eticket receipt along with you - the one with your ticket number. At the very least note down your ticket number somewhere. It is the only thing that'd bring up your reservation should something go wrong with your record - the PNR won't help you.

Thanks all. I will note down the important numbers given from the e-booking.

Previously on SQ, I just had to show my passport.

Can't wait to experience the Malaysian Hospitality tonight.

SQ used to require one's credit card that was used in making the booking presented when checking in with an e-ticket. I thought it was a strange requirement, not sure if the rule is still applicable though

SQ still require you to show the credit card you used to book the ticket online when checking in. You still can use other people's credit card (such as your dad's) to book your flights with SQ online booking system but they will need you to verify this and that which would be troublesome to me. Lucky me SQ online booking system do accept my PB Visa Electron (a debit card). Saved me a trip to visit SQ downtown office in KL.

The same requirement also applies to MH and EK too. Whenever I want to collect the paper tickets which I booked from MH's 'old' booking system, the ticketing officers will asked for the credit card I used to make the payment. For EK, the credit card was asked during check in. I think this is some form of a security measure, you know this days, which I am ok about.

Not on MH domestic flights. May be the rules only apply to MH non-e-ticket destination or international flights only ?? I must have purchased tickets using MAS online reservation engine more than 15 times (since the MAS online ticketing system was launch) and had always use my dad's OCBC credit card to pay for the tickets. Was never asked for the credit card i used whenever i check in. But of course, once MAS online reservation engine confirms my booking, both OCBC Bank and MAS reservation centre will call my dad in 15 minutes to confirm the online purchase again.

Previously on SQ, I just had to show my passport.

I cannot stress enough the importance of noting down your ticket number when flying on e-tickets regardless of airline, for the reason mentioned in my previous post.

Edited by Keith T

A question about E-ticket :

Can I purchase one way ticket departing from KUL if i am residing oversea ?

For example : can I buy online one way ticket on Jetstar SYD-KUL, and then MH KUL-SYD while I am in Sydney ?

For example : can I buy online one way ticket on Jetstar SYD-KUL, and then MH KUL-SYD while I am in Sydney ?

No reason why you can't. The simplest way would be pricing it up online.

yes, no problems at all. I booked a flight departing KUL when I was in the UK through MAS website and had no problems. Just make sure you bring ID such a s Passport and the printout of E ticket including the E ticket numbers.

Sign in to follow this