MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nik H.

Wanna Fly a Plane?

Pics???? :diablo:

Those that flew today.

pIMG_1952.jpg

Stories will continue and more pics will follow.

But I'll let them tell you....always better to hear from a First Person's account.....

Edited by Nik H.

live posting from szb. just finished flying. Settling payment. What a great experience. Expect lots of photos in a new pic topic. Thanks capt nik n every1

Edited by Azuan Zahdi

Yeah, thanks for Capt Nik for this, if not, there'll be no activity like this.

The photos, i am only able to do it tomorrow, tonight i'll be staying with my dad, so no internet.

I'll meet u all tomorrow! Choww... :)

Anyway, was a WONDERFUL experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Those that flew today.

pIMG_1952.jpg

Nice shot and TeeKay in full action !!! :pardon:

Can we have caption who-is-who ??? :pardon:

Good to see three ah-mois in the group :yahoo:

To Capt. Nik,

I can't thank you enough for such a wonderful wonderful awesome super-extravaganza (okay.. exaggerations are just my own opinion :D ) flying opportunity and experience! Plus with the tour to Eurocopter, AND lunch at their very very nice lounge. Was a great outing which you have made possible and I've made loads of friends today too because of that, so I am forever grateful for the chance to meet my fellow MW friends. Hehe... its either sugar high or what, but I still feel giddy about today... teeheeehhee... :D

To TK, Uncle Norman and Chong,

Thank you so much for capturing today's episode in your many many lenses ^_^ I am sure those who came today will be extremely grateful for your fish-eyes or cat-eyes or whatnots. Lugging those equipments around in that afternoon heat must be really tiring! And TK especially for his generosity for putting upfront cover for the funds in case we were short in cash for the total fees, plus helping with the end arrangements with the flying management team.

To all the pilots and aviation heavyweights who shared with us your flying stories,

Mucho gracias for the funny, dramatic, and always comical (other than the propellers meet people's bodyparts lah :blink: ) stories and shared experiences to us greenies. I doubt we could get this special insights if we were to hire our own flight instructors.

To everyone who came and made today's a very special day for me,

*GROUP HUGS* Thank you guys and gals. I can't thank you enough! Thank you to those who took my random photos when I couldn't take it myself. Thank you to Azuan for taking loads of nice pics of me controlling the Cessna 172 (and for putting up with my bad pics taken for him during his time, and also for putting up with my flying and manage to NOT puke! Haha...). And KK, thanks for the very much needed ice lemon tea treat! Truly refreshing :D

Those that flew today.

pIMG_1952.jpg

Okay, before I forget... here's the caption as requested by Pieter! :D

Standing left to right

Maleha (Meor's lovely wife, she did not fly the plane but was Meor's flying companion), Meor, Kelvin L, Diadrian, Loh Wilson, KK Lee, Azuan Zahdi, Victor Goh, Razlizam, Chong HV (one of our photographers!)

Squatting in various positions, left to right

Saadiah, Chen TW, Walter Sim, Jerry Ang, Irni, Adrian L, Teo ZY

Blue cap guy shooting everyone else

TK

Hehehe....

p/s: Oh, forgot the stats... in case someone wants them..

• Admin fee: RM 9.00 each
  • Pass fee: RM 1.00 each
  • Total fliers: 15 persons
  • Total flight hours: 6 hrs 45 minutes
  • Total flight fee: RM 243.00 x 15 = RM 3,645.00
Will post my photos soon after I've finished uploading them on Webshots! Till then, salam and cheers :) Edited by Irni Mastura

Thanks Irni.... now I know how to put the names to the faces... konpius laa... :pardon:

Over 400++ pic to edit and distributed.... wait aarrrr....

& we should open a new thread for the event ... maybe in flight logbook....

but 2 pix here... more later in new thread... :pardon:

Admin Fee

AdminFee_5507.jpg

Lunch

Lunch1_5789.jpg

p/s: Oh, forgot the stats... in case someone wants them..
  • Admin fee: RM 9.00 each
  • Pass fee: RM 1.00 each
  • Total fliers: 15 persons
  • Total flight hours: 6 hrs 45 minutes
  • Total flight fee: RM 243.00 x 15 = RM 3,645.00
Will post my photos soon after I've finished uploading them on Webshots! Till then, salam and cheers :)

I think i'll need to add on to that.

[*]Admin fee: RM 9.00 each

[*]Pass fee: RM 1.00 each

[*]Total fliers: 15 persons

[*]Total flight hours: 6 hrs 45 minutes

[*]Total flight fee: RM 243.00 x 15 = RM 3,645.00

[*]The experience and company: PRICELESS!!!

Thanks to everyone who made this event happen and be a great success. Millions of thanks and gratitude especially to the man who made this happen, Capt Nik H. Also to the people who kept the group in order throughout the session and also photographers mainly, Capt Norhisham, TK, Norman, Chong. Thank you VERY MUCH!!!!

EDIT: Just created a new thread in FLIGHT LOGBOOK, you can proceeed with the pictures there.

Edited by Walter Sim

It was a great experience and getting the opportunity to be on the flight, Thanks a million to Capt Nik the organizer and also to the photographers (Well done). :clapping: :drinks:

thanks capt nik for organizing!

and thanks to u guys for being there and made this event so meaningful

many thanks also go to our dedicated photgraphers who done a great job

i truly had a GOOD day :clapping:

A wonderful day with all of you at Subang Airport outing today (23.02.2008) :yahoo: . Special thanks to our Captain Nik in organizing this event. :clapping:

I got 500+ click on my camera :o , just to start with these three first. Need time to process brother. :p

#1. The satisfy and happy faces.....Irni & Azuan Zahdi.....of course our uncle Norman.

mwing01.jpg

#2. Another thumb up customer....Victor Goh & Saadiah..........of course out uncle Norman again...

mwing03.jpg

#3. The group pre-flight briefing. TK in action.

mwing02.jpg

wait ah.......a lot to come. :D

Wahh cantik!

By the way post at the new thread in FLIGHT LOGBOOK... all pictures should be there!

Edited by Walter Sim

Dear Maleha, Meor, Kelvin, Diadrian, Wilson, KK Lee, Azuan, Victor, Razlizam, Chong HV Saadiah, Chen TW, Walter, Jerry Ang, Irni, Adrian, Teo ZY, Capt Norhisham, TK and Norman,

It was a pleasure meeting all of you, and arranging this little small time event for you all. Your enthusiasm and warm aproach more than makes up for what little time I spent putting this together. I hope you all really enjoyed the flying experience. Sorry I had to leave before the session ended but I knew you were in good hands with Capt Norhisham, TK and Norman around. I had an unavoidable engagement with a client.

Irni, you're one sharp 'chick' and it would not have been easy for me if you had not assisted in the 'administration' as you did when called upon.

I also hope you all enjoyed the light lunch prepared by Eurocopter. That would not have been possible if not for the Head Honcho there, YM Tengku Johan, a Superbiking buddy of mine. I truly hope his generosity is appreciated by all today.

Capt Norhisham also deserves special mention, spending the whole day with us all, having come all the way from Seremban.

Norman, TK, Chong and Capt Norhisham,, I can't wait to see your pix.

As for the flyers, I'm sure the experience taught you more than just about flying a plane. You now know a little more about flight dynamics, some airmanship, the discipline behind the operations of a flying machine, ATC and also the General Aviation scene around SZB. The view obviously looks different from the front seat.

And I want to see pics of you at the controls while airborne.

You guys have done what most have only talked about doing. :good:

And having experienced it yourselves, you CAN now organise another session amongst MWingers with little involvement from me.

Cheers All.....

PS, Post them pix. A picture tells a thousand words.....especially if its from a Canon....he he he :D

Wah...Surely a very good flight experince from them....

Great :clapping:

Eventhough I still 17 years old and I still aiming for flying,but deep short-sightedness surely makes me feel sad....

But, if can, can i attend the flying seesion nex time? :blush:

Captain Nik, pls..... :pardon:

I think i'll need to add on to that.
  • The experience and company: PRICELESS!!!

Oh yeah, rock on add on, Walter!

And :blush: thanks for the compliments, Capt Nik... but I'm just a channel not the key point, I couldn't do the job without multitude of helps from all members, like counting the RM1 notes lah, recounting the cash lah, getting all sorts of jobs done were actually done by everyone there who lend me multitude of hands.

All cheers to you guys mmwah! :clapping:

Ok photos done uploading.. will post some now in Walter's new thread!

Truly it is a total different experience compared with the knowledge I had from FS. I can proudly proclaim to the world that I once flew in an aircraft with my own hands on the flying yoke.

I truly enjoyed myself throughout the trip. I would like to thank everyone and especially to Captain Nik to make this event a successful one. Thank You Irni being a ketua ketua class for the trip and willingly to send me all the way home :)

THANK YOU ALL !! :D

MWingers Friend..

Really fun leypak with you guys,.. especially Capt Nik, Norman, TK, and Capt Norhisham making this program a success!! You're The Man!! It's Was A Really Great and Shiok Experiance... <<Let's Give Around Appluase To Them>> :clapping: :clapping: Woo.. Yea... Lagi² To my Pilot Partner Kelvin L.. Wooo.. Yeaa.. :clapping: :clapping:

Have Fun and Hope To Meet Next Session.

there are so many aviation enthusiasts out there...

when they have the chance....i guess, they take it, when it comes to flying.

Aviation has been seen as a restricted area to so many people.

If we open a bit for them....many would come in.

No nonsense, no rubbish talk....they are an enthusiasts...they sure have the spirit of aviation in them.

just that sometime...they just hate aviation. Not their choice, but maybe they forget a few things....in aviation.

there are so many aviation enthusiasts out there...

when they have the chance....i guess, they take it, when it comes to flying.

Aviation has been seen as a restricted area to so many people.

If we open a bit for them....many would come in.

No nonsense, no rubbish talk....they are an enthusiasts...they sure have the spirit of aviation in them.

just that sometime...they just hate aviation. Not their choice, but maybe they forget a few things....in aviation.

You're right TK, guess that's the reason why you spent the day taking their photos, as did capt Norhisham who came all the way from Seremban, and Tengku Johan, the Eurocopter Head Honcho who hosted us in his Customer Lounge despite knowing that none of us would be able to buy any heli from him....

Great Crowd....no bitchin' n' moanin' , just pure aviation spirit in them. They came with a smile, followed through with laughter, and left much richer in experience.....

from the photo shots, looks like everyone had a really good time flying on saturday. its a pity that i can't make it (just got back to KL saturday evening). anyway, hope that i can make it on the 1st with the rest of the guys.

Even though thousands and thousands miles away, I was there with you all in my mind ;)

Good to see you all enjoyed the flight(s) so much: flying a plane with your own hands will give you so much satisfaction !!!

Kudos to Capt Nik, the instructors, the photographers and to you all, proud MWers, for making this day a truly memorable day :drinks: :clapping: :yahoo:

Hope to meet you all between 27-29jun2008 !!! :pardon: :yahoo: