MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
mohd khalifah

Transmile to discontinue flights to the United States

The Board of Directors of TGB wishes to announce that on 16th November, 2007, Transmile received an order from the United States of America Department of Transportation ("DOT") directing, inter alia, Transmile to discontinue flights to the United States originating and terminating at Malaysia's Subang Airport. For more report click this site http://www.transmile.com/news/transmile-18-jan-2008.pdf

Saw their MD-11s at KLIA of late. Before a similar news article came out that explained it all, I thought they usually fly out of SZB. Transmile came out with a statement that they have no problems with the directive except that they may incur additional costs that will have to be passed to customers.

yeah.... i know they flew to USA from SZB. It can only be better for KLIA if all air cargo is consolidated here. I still don't get why they were allowed to operate from SZB.

The whole idea of only turboprop is permitted to operate from SZB is to keep commercial airlines out from SZB.

In Malaysia, rules are made to break, bend or exemption. Most if not all legislations and rules have exemption clause, you just need to know who.

Btw, ex minister of transport was the chairman of Transmile.

:drinks:

I thought it was due to security reason, i.e. lesser security in SZB. Guess I was wrong.

Anyway as a spotter it is not a bad news, and as far as fair competition, guess it is fair enough. Hope to see more of their aircraft now.

I think there's more to it than just flying to US out of SZB. Perhaps we may not see any MDs anymore...but what do i know about the industry :D ;)

I think there's more to it than just flying to US out of SZB. Perhaps we may not see any MDs anymore...but what do i know about the industry :D ;)

That might be likely if DHL Terminates their contract!

Edited by Raj

I thought it was due to security reason, i.e. lesser security in SZB. Guess I was wrong.

Anyway as a spotter it is not a bad news, and as far as fair competition, guess it is fair enough. Hope to see more of their aircraft now.

from sources inside Transmile,due to complaints and pressure from Fedex,UPS to the US DoT,Transmile is no longer cleared to operate to the US if it operates from SZB but must operate from KUL if it still wants to fly to the US.for flights to Europe is probably not effected.

I saw 2 Transmiles 727 and 2 of their MD-11 at KUL at night last Sunday, are they moving their operation hub?

What is "inter-alia"?

Inter-Alitalia?? :pardon:

Inter-alia is a latin phrase. Translate to "Among other things".

A term used in formal extract minutes to indicate that the minute quoted has been taken from a fuller record of other matters, or when alluding to the parent group after quoting a particular example.

Wikipedia - List Of Latin Phrases

Sign in to follow this