MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Odd shots

Guys,

The location of the bunk as per the Boeing graphic is spot on...thats where it is,at the rear,upper level.EY only have the rear bunk for its 773 and they didnt opt for the option for flightdeck bunk at front upper level.So,we have to share with the cabin crew,which is not a problem.Only thing is,if you are required to the flighdeck immediately,it really takes an effort to get to the front.This is a very long aircraft and with up to 378 people when fully loaded,hell,its really hard!Trust me!..on a lighter note,off course rules of conduct are set,especially in crew bunk usage,but,if you want to do 'something',better dont get caught,if not you are history...I guess,a couple of guys did manage to join the 'Mile High Club' :rolleyes:..on the question of where the light came from,thats interesting coz i never notice it,its always dark when I take my rest ^_^ ..Razmyn shud be able to answer that...

Edited by Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

Regarding lighting, I believe the light source is below the bunk (near the floor).

I think they're probably powered by CCFLs (Cold cathode fluorescent lamp) or LEDs. CCFLs are the low-temp light tubes used as backlight of LCD monitors and other display devices such as portable DVD player, digital photo frame. They're cheap, not easy to break, safe, do not radiate too much heat and energy efficient. As LEDs become cheaper, they're now replacing CCFLs, and LEDs are even brighter but using less energy.

Regarding lighting, I believe the light source is below the bunk (near the floor).

yupp...you're right...its coming from under the panels beside the bunk...

as for disciplinary actions for any hanky panky onboard..i believe every airline have their own strict codes...including Etihad...

but what they don't know...wont hurt anyone...right?? :drinks:

Why must the upper deck be so short though?

If they can do it longer.. They can fit more beds :D

cos the longer it is ..the heavier the aircraft weight is & the less payload it can carry...& the crew dont go to rest all at the same time...so 8 is enuf i guess... :drinks:

EY only have the rear bunk for its 773 and they didnt opt for the option for flightdeck bunk at front upper level.

too bad...all cos they wanted to have the internet & supposedly the radiation is too high for a bunk to be installed there...only to finally have none...internet tarak...bunk pun tarak...waste of time only :sorry:

Edited by M Razmyn

cos the longer it is ..the heavier the aircraft weight is & the less payload it can carry...& the crew dont go to rest all at the same time...so 8 is enuf i guess... :drinks:

too bad...all cos they wanted to have the internet & supposedly the radiation is too high for a bunk to be installed there...only to finally have none...internet tarak...bunk pun tarak...waste of time only :sorry:

Yup...thats because Boeing stop the service,as its a loss at that time,until another vendor takes over....still remember that we can surf the net last time...very cool!!

Edited by Mohd Faridz Mohd Yunus

yupp...you're right...its coming from under the panels beside the bunk...

as for disciplinary actions for any hanky panky onboard..i believe every airline have their own strict codes...including Etihad...

but what they don't know...wont hurt anyone...right?? :drinks:

Agree...so long as no one tells, and it doesn't get on the internet...

p/s: Check out the 1st pic's caption with title "Holding pattern" :good:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-51...se-captain.html

Due to it Speed it happen to be Odd Shots.. CILAKA~!!! :finger: :drinks:

42650582yz6.jpg

Brahim,

Just love that '03' Smoker shot.....definitely my favorite TUDM aircraft !!! :yahoo:

Gleaming chrome.

img33751pb7.jpg

[9M-AFI, somewhere above South China Sea, afternoon 09/07/08.]

Graphics from Boeing Co.

777300cutawaygj2.jpg

Whoa...All this time there are ppl sleeping comfortably above me when im flying long haul :huh:

Gleaming chrome.

(pic)

[9M-AFI, somewhere above South China Sea, afternoon 09/07/08.]

Amazingly clean and scratchless window too ! :)

Amazingly clean and scratchless window too ! :)

I ... ummm ... wound the window down. :pardon:

Hey guys! Here are a few odd-shots from a GF A340-300 (pardon the quality.. pics taken with a 2 megapixel camera phone)

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

Ahh .. remind me of good-old part time job days in Subang as cargo handlers back in 1996 .. it was an experience savoured for a very long time :pardon: despite so the most sighed aircraft that time was martinair cargo :angry: simply for being cargo translates to lots of work to do <_<

Kudos to Nuni :drinks:

Even from inside-out the Dutch Ladies look wonderful :pardon:

That's a real nice shot, Dr. :good: :drinks:

If AK would have a FFP, no doubt you would be Gold Member by now :pardon:

If AK would have a FFP, no doubt you would be Gold Member by now :pardon:

Hehehe ... I have 4 confirmed AK flights in next 5 weeks: KUL/SIN, KUL/OOL, KUL/AOR, KUL/UPG. And possibly KUL/KCH/MYY/BKI too.

I've still got a lot of mileage in Star Alliance and NWA's Worldperks.

I've still got a lot of mileage in Star Alliance and NWA's Worldperks.

Better burn them, Dr., and come over to visit EU, and esp. the Netherlands !!! :pardon: